• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokemon Game?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • I cant believe there isn't already one :\
    Anyway, weclome to the super awesome omega What is your favourite Pokemon Game thread! :D
    Basically, which ine is your favourite, and maybe a reason why.

Mine is Cryystal as it has nostalgia, first game where the Pokemon had animations, best main characters if you ask me. :)
    Also, the mascot is Suicune. SUICUNE! Anyway, whats your favourite game?

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    crystal definetly because gold or silver didnt have animations:chu:

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
  • Diamond, though it'll change when I get Platnium. Platnium is jam-packed with awesome features. Shame it makes Diamond inferior.

PikaCookie

Beginning Breeder
    Years
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution; For one, its the only pokemon game I can play online since my DS won't connect to the internets and I enjoy showing my pokemon off to random people in the beautiful sceneries. I like the graphics :3

Pokemon FireRed; Bringing back the eldest versions of the game to the GBA made me happy. Though it sucks that there hasn't been a remake of Pokemon Gold / Silver / Crystal, I'm glad they made a remake of Red because it includes my favorite generation of pokemon. Plus, you can import pokemon from the game to Diamond / Pearl :D

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
    Years
  • G1: Yellow for building on Red/Blue and making it anime-accurate to a point. I remember getting the special yellow version gameboy color with the game. Special.

G2. Crystal for allowing you to get both major legends. Also, animated pokemon and day/night was always an attention grabber back then.

G3. Emerald (notice a pattern?) for bringing in all those legendary catches, animated pokemon, and more fights and double battles to level up pokemon quicker were nice additions.

Also Leaf Green because it's a huge nostalgia factor and it felt great playing reliving the story that started it all.

G4. I have only played Diamond, so yeah.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Mine is Crystal and Emerald because Crystal has one of my favorite Pokemon (which is Suicune) and Emerald has my favorite Pokemon (which is Rayquaza). Crystal is also my favorite cause it has the best graphics out of the GBC games. Emerald was really kewl when it came out because I had Sapphire previously (that got stolen in 3rd grade) and once Emerald came out after that I was thrilled.

XaRhS

My favourite Pokemon Game is Supphire, and next is Crystal.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • I have two favourites...
    First Crystal. It was the first game I played in Johto, so I was very very surprised. The animations, the story, the cities, everything is awesome. I love Johto so this, being the best Johto game, it's definitely my favourite.
    But I also like Emerald very very much, because it has so many things to do and Hoenn was made nicer than in Ruby/Sapphire. But Emerald comes in second place because it has no Day/Night system.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    silver because
    1 gold has worse sprites
    2 i dont like the animations in crysta (not in emerald either)
    3 it doesnt have the "new pokemons"(252+)
    4 red and blue had sop bad backsprites
    5 yellows reason is the pikachu

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
  • G2. Crystal for allowing you to get both major legends.

You could catch Lugia in Gold, and Ho-oh in Silver if got to a point in Kanto (Pewter City, I think). There, you find an old guy who will give you the needed item to get the other one. Ruby & Sapphire was when version- exclusive Legendaries were introduced.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I would say... Platinum because it's very addicting to play,(much more then diamond obviously) and I have the jap version, NOT the english one. Also, PMD: Explorers of Time is also one of my favorites. (I Can't wait for the new one to come out! I think its... explorers of the sky?) Anyways, yeah those are my two favorites. :D

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    for me it has to be blue if their was no pokemon then i would never have gotten into pokemon but crystal did have better features and a better storyline

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    My favorite Pokemon game is probably Emerald, but before thta it was definitely Silver as I love Johto pokemon. Thye will always be the best Pokemon around.

Back