• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Starter Pokemon!

Which is your favourite starter Pokemon from both sets of games (DPPt and HGSS)?

• Turtwig line

Votes: 39 29.1%
  • Piplup line

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Chimchar line

Votes: 36 26.9%
  • Chikorita line

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Totodile line

Votes: 52 38.8%
  • Cyndaquil line

Votes: 61 45.5%

• Total voters

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • I voted for the Piplup line because Piplup was awesome in the anime, is the cutest of all the first stage starters and Empoleon is just amazing with a GREAT type combination. I chose Piplup as a starter in both Diamnd and Platinum and Empoleon is just the best battler n_n

Years
  • In Dppt, it wasn't easy to decide, as I generally like all of the starters, but I voted for Turtwig, mainly because it's so cute and Torterra was extremely useful for me, in my first playthrough of Diamond.

While I like the Totodile line and all, HG/SS was an easy decision, Chikorita with out a doubt. Each of the Pokemon in the Chikorita line are adorable yet amazing as support Pokemon, I love all of them, especially Bayleef.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • My favorite starter is Typhlosion, lol. Or more like Cyndaquil, but still....

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Piplup and Totodile for me. C: Piplup is the only one I like in gen 4 (I kinda like Turtwig but I like Cherrim more and I don't like grass types enough to have two of them). And Totodile was my favourite back when GSC came out and it's still my favourite of the three today. :D

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
    Years
  • Chikorita line, as it is my favourite line.

Don't like the chimchar or Totodile lins that much

Piplup, Turtwig and Cyndaquil lines are good but I don't like them as much as Chikoritas line.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It's either Totodile or Chimchar for me, but I guess I'm gonna go for Totodile.

Years
  • ive personally always liked the totdile line the best, but using meganium in my hg definitely has made it my second favorite

.Marion

RNG Master
    Years
  • I ended up voting them all.. I really like all the starters in all pokemon games. From gen 1 to gen 5, all starters are cool in their own way in my opinion :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    I really like Cyndaquill and Totodile. I find them very useful and strong.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Personaly i like Totodile and Cyndaquil purely because of nostalgia

Years
  • I voted for all of them cos I didn't want to leave anyone out.

But I love Chimchar and Cyndaquil the best. 4th Gen was the only Gen where I chose Fire starters.

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
    Years
  • The Totodile line would have to be my favorite from 4th gen. I'm also a pretty big fan of the Piplup line as well. Usually the water starters end up being my favorites.

Back