• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Starter Pokemon!

Which is your favourite starter Pokemon from both sets of games (DPPt and HGSS)?

• Turtwig line

Votes: 39 29.1%
  • Piplup line

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Chimchar line

Votes: 36 26.9%
  • Chikorita line

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Totodile line

Votes: 52 38.8%
  • Cyndaquil line

Votes: 61 45.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • Sinnoh was easy: I don't really like either of them but Turtwig is still quite fine with me!

as for Johto: I pretty much like all of them but particulary Chikorita and Cyndaquil. In the end I voted for Chikorita though cause I had her in my last playthrough :3

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2013
    For D/P/Pt: I have tried Empoleon and Infernape. Infernape is pretty strong, but I like the looks of Empoleon more so I re-used it in my second playthrough of Platinum.
    For HG/SS: Back in Crystal I tried both Typhlosion and Feraligatr. I didn't like Feraligatr at all frankly, perhaps due to the lack of Physical water moves. And Typhlosion has been my all-time favourite, so I got him again in SS (which I have abandoned). Now I'm starting HG and I've considered both of them. However, I'm not confident in Feraligatr and I like Kingdra so I'm gonna choose Cyndaquil - again.

Vectron

New Account=Faolan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2011
    Turtwig/Cyndaquill. Turtwig for HP/Def and Cyndaquill for Best type against Johto Gyms.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Hmm the Chikorita- and Totodile line. I love Meganium, even though I've never used it before, because I like it's design, and the name as well. And I've always used Feraligatr, I like water and grass type the most out of the three, and Feraligatr is pretty strong as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Turtwig, Totodile, and Cyndaquil. Turtwig is my favorite design of the Sinnoh starters, and gets Earthquake at evolution, and Cyndaquil and Totodile are just awesome.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Totodile is by far my favorite. It has awesome evolutions and is a great (in game) water type. If I were to list the starters in the order I liked them though, it would go like this:
    Totodile
    Cyndaquil
    Chikorita
    Monferno
    Piplup
    Turtwig. (Yeah, I really don't like the Sinnoh Starters)

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2016
    Ah, I'd have to say Turtwig and Chikorita. Turtwig was just awesome for me and my team, and Chikorita has been a favorite of mine since Silver.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Chimchar line since I like its offense stats and attacks, being a fire/fight it has a lot of power. Totodile line is the other one, It became my favourite ever since I used it in Gold...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Cyndaquil for sure on HGSS. As for the DPPt starters, I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with them. I tried starting with all three on my Diamond and played until they evolved once and didn't particularly rate any of them. I went with Chimchar eventually because I usually always choose Fire, but I kind of wish I'd stuck with Turtwig now, so Turtwig gets my vote there.

DiabloMask

Pokemon creator
    Years
  • Voted for Cyndaquil...
    i like Totodile as my starter in silver, but Cyndaquil's line
    is very cool.
    I didn't like the starters in the 4th generation, Piplup's
    evolutions were cool thought, but they can't be compared to
    the 1st and 3rd generations' starters.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    To be honest, and between the DPPt starter trio alone, they were all really great. Out of all though, I choice Piplup the most (when restarting the games and my first playthrough), so I would have to go with the evolution line for Piplup.

As for HGSS and DPPt starters combined, I'd have to go with Chikorita. Meganium is gorgeous!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Mine is the Cyndaquil family (Sorry Twiggy). This is because I love the appearance of all of them. Cyndaquil is super cute and cool. Quilava has an awesome anime voice... well at one point. And Typhlosion is awesome. I almost always start with Cyndaquil in Johto games.

Back