• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fed up with Misty replacements

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
airconditionong, how can you miss misty and clever writing if you dont even like the show?

I said I stopped watching around the Johto arc. I never said I didn't like it before then.
yelwacko.gif

But then again, I haven't seen the original Pokemon episodes in years (excluding the Porygon episode I saw on Youtube). For all I know, they could be just like the D/P season. What if it is? What if everything I know is a lie!?

... Wake up, Neo.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
Years
I said I stopped watching around the Johto arc. I never said I didn't like it before then.
yelwacko.gif

But then again, I haven't seen the original Pokemon episodes in years (excluding the Porygon episode I saw on Youtube). For all I know, they could be just like the D/P season. What if it is? What if everything I know is a lie!?

... Wake up, Neo.

ahhh ok. they sometimes show the original ones on cartoon network. its weird when they show kanto and then sinnoh... the difference in quality is huge

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
Years
No, I'd rather not have Misty back. In fact, I rather have Ash traveling alone. No Brock, no Misty, no Max, no Dawn or May. Just Ash all on his lonesome with Pikachu as his only companion. He'll met people, but they'll never stick around that long. Every once in a while he'll met someone, and find out they're going to the same location. They'll travel together until they reach Blink Town and part ways. I'd watch that.

Anyway, back on topic. I don't like Misty that much. She just brings down the all group, and never really has anything positive to add at all.

Tamaki

Years
No, I'd rather not have Misty back. In fact, I rather have Ash traveling alone. No Brock, no Misty, no Max, no Dawn or May. Just Ash all on his lonesome with Pikachu as his only companion. He'll met people, but they'll never stick around that long. Every once in a while he'll met someone, and find out they're going to the same location. They'll travel together until they reach Blink Town and part ways. I'd watch that.

Anyway, back on topic. I don't like Misty that much. She just brings down the all group, and never really has anything positive to add at all.

i think it should be dawn, ash, and pikachu

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Yeah, Misty was so cool standing in the background with Togepi. The writers gave her WAY too much action. I mean, come on, give some of the limelight to Ash, Misty!

Years
  • NA
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
All female protaganists are replacable. When Misty got replaced by May (and with Max, kind of) we knew that the girls would be replaced every season. Dawn will probably be just Sinnoh, maybe a cameo or two. The reason Brock is still here is so he could explain everything to Dawn and Ash and be a kind of poketeacher.
In my opinion, it was wrong to take Misty out. She and Ash had great potential in their relationship, and she was stronger than May and Dawn. (She's a gym leader, she's more experienced, etc.)

On a side note, the first season rocks! You have all of it on video Obi-Wan Jerkobi? I only have the first episode up to Sabrina because my mom wouldn't let me buy them all when I was younger. (And you like Shikamaru? I kinda like him, too.)

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
Years
Although I miss the way Misty pulled on Brock's ear, Max in the Advanced generation took care of that.

I think May's the best female hero in the anime. (Partly because I'm biased toward R/S/E.)

Tamaki

Years
Although I miss the way Misty pulled on Brock's ear, Max in the Advanced generation took care of that.

I think May's the best female hero in the anime. (Partly because I'm biased toward R/S/E.)

aww such a cute avatar ^^ i think misty was the best female, then dawn, then may

Years
No, I'm just saying don't jack the show, beacuse a lot still like it
That would be called "having an opinion".

It doesn't matter if some people still like it. If one particular person doesn't like it, and chooses to express his/her opinion publicly, then let them. That's kind of the point of an internet message board: to speak ones own personal thoughts.

I myself can't stand the downhill direction that the show has gone... but I'm a purist, so my nostalgic views are harder to please.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
The reason Brock is still here is so he could explain everything to Dawn and Ash and be a kind of poketeacher.

The only reason Brock's still here is because no-one liked Tracy. So the writers are too scared to replace him...

Back