• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Festival Plaza

Years
    I wouldn't be so salty about the Festival Plaza if it wasn't the only way to get dyed clothes a certain way or having facilities that basically give out items I can already get in-game via Pokemart. Seriously, why are clothes separated by games? Why should I have to get lucky with a facility to get the clothes I want? (If I don't have a generous friend to help me). At least with Kalos they only seperated the clothes by gender. smh.

I agree with this, because while I want to try different combinations with the clothes, I don't like having to constantly grind up FC to use it (despite my Festival Plaza currently containing three dye stands) so I often make my trainer wear blue clothes, though I guess it's because I like the colour.

I do hope US/UM don't restrict clothes and colours to a certain game, but knowing me they likely did it to try and get more people linking up. It was a failed execution of the customization if you ask me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I agree with this, because while I want to try different combinations with the clothes, I don't like having to constantly grind up FC to use it (despite my Festival Plaza currently containing three dye stands) so I often make my trainer wear blue clothes, though I guess it's because I like the colour.

I do hope US/UM don't restrict clothes and colours to a certain game, but knowing me they likely did it to try and get more people linking up. It was a failed execution of the customization if you ask me.

It's the same for me as well! It wasn't until recently I realized how much I was missing out on when it came to dark clothes ( I did a run of my moon copy and I realized that I liked the clothes in that game waaaay better). To me, it really only feels like a hindrance on the player to have to constantly grind for more coins to get exactly what you want. I get making challenging parts to a game, but even then, this seemed a bit tedious considering how other features like PokePelago are so convenient for the player.

I agree the execution failed here too. Maybe if we could trade materials for clothes (like berries or a dye type of item) it would work, but here it really doesn't. Also, apparently, I was searching around and I read that even on the Japanese websites people didn't like this system at all. So hopefully, since it's closer to home, Gamefreak might change it up a bit. (Hopefully)

Years
    It's the same for me as well! It wasn't until recently I realized how much I was missing out on when it came to dark clothes ( I did a run of my moon copy and I realized that I liked the clothes in that game waaaay better). To me, it really only feels like a hindrance on the player to have to constantly grind for more coins to get exactly what you want. I get making challenging parts to a game, but even then, this seemed a bit tedious considering how other features like PokePelago are so convenient for the player.

I agree the execution failed here too. Maybe if we could trade materials for clothes (like berries or a dye type of item) it would work, but here it really doesn't. Also, apparently, I was searching around and I read that even on the Japanese websites people didn't like this system at all. So hopefully, since it's closer to home, Gamefreak might change it up a bit. (Hopefully)

Actually, you can use berries to get colours that the dye stand normally wouldn't have. Unfortunately, it's mainly the rare berries you need, like the ones that weaken attacks of a certain type.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    You can dye clothes???

I didnt mind the festival plaza, it worked for me, except when I tried adding someone who wasn't close by, and that took a while. Though trading and battling was okay after that. I had a similar issue with PSS, in which it was filled with Asian players and I couldn't find someone next to me.

My main problem with the plaza was upgrading buildings, I skipped on one and found out I couldn't revisit. Which was kinda weird. Also I hated walking in a circle and seeing the same buildings but different people.

Years
    My main problem with the plaza was upgrading buildings, I skipped on one and found out I couldn't revisit. Which was kinda weird. Also I hated walking in a circle and seeing the same buildings but different people.

I can admit that was an issue as well, the fact that the buildings offered are entirely random and can even have a lower star rating than what you currently have. I do have four dye stalls currently but they're different colours just so I have decent options, and probably because that would be the only feature I'd care about.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Festival Plaza is OK except one thing. Why is trading with friends so clunky? I tried to trade my Shiny Machoke with someone on my friends list to evolve him into a Shiny Green Machamp then trade hI'm back again and it took nearly half an hour to find each other.

With so many Pokemon needing trading to evolve (Including Milotic) trading with friends should be far easier.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I do online trades 90% of the time playing Pokemon Moon so I would like a faster way to connect online and do some trades. The Festival Plaza feels much faster than the system in ORAS.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    It would be okay if they remove the plaza for me. I have an hard time finding the player I want to trade with, to find a battle opponent... And I can't hatch my eggs while searching for a battle opponent lol.
    To be honest, I don't play Pokemon that much anymomre, and it is mostly because of the troubles I have with the plaza. It is not the worst thing ever, but I prefer the way it was in XY.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    I hate that you have to go there to do a simple online trading. I also don't like that in order to get some of the clothes you had to talk to someone about their clothes who could randomly let you buy them.

I liked going there and raising the level of the plaza. It reminded me of pokemon black 2 and white 2, which I actually enjoyed the mall for.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    My issue isn't the amount of button presses, but it is soooo darn hard to find your friends! You gotta check all 20 (?) of the people in the plaza, and there's a chance your friend isn't even there.

Years
    My problem is that it disconnects you every time you leave.

I heard that it is very unstable connection, so I do hope US/UM improves that should Festival Plaza return. Maybe it'll actually become more tolerable if the connection was better.

Back