• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fight, Run, Pokemon, and...Shooter?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Yeah Pokemon Snap 2 for Wii haha you gotta take pictures and then you unlock them in Snap haha that would be great

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    I could see shooter, being a screen capturer. Maybe Game Freak is getting ideas from the one Final Fantasy game for the DS (or was it the PSP); I could drag out the article, but this FF game allowed you to run around the world with friends, you could chat, draw; and this shooter just allows you to take a picture of the action.

Either that, or we finally have some use for those damn Zubats in every single cave of every single Region. *load gun*

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    New VS. Recorder, doesn't sound like a bad idea in the Batle Frontier decide during battle if you want to record it, or maybe snapshots. Or maybe it has something to do with the new thing that connects with your PC and into the internet... Maybe uploads some kind of information.

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
    Five dollars that it's going to be used to take a snapshot of the current battle scene/record the battle from where shoot was used.

I think that's definitely a possibility. I seems like it might be a Wi-Fi option only, but we will have to see regular in-game screens to know for sure.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I'm willing to bet it's the same as the Battle Recorder, maybe with a little added functionality, but you can only use it during WiFi or Wireless battles, since you can't access your bag during those battles anyway. We've already seen the battle screen that shows the bag option.

Unionhack

Yes Indeed
    Years
    I'm hoping that it'll be our screen cap feature, or maybe it'll let you film battles. Either way, it sounds cool.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    Souns cool, considering its called "Shooter" I bet it'd be to record battles or stuff and hopefully it has some upgrades like making you save more battles and record trainer battles.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Five dollars that it's going to be used to take a snapshot of the current battle scene/record the battle from where shoot was used.
    Now there's a thought, good thinkin'.

But if not, poaching sounds like a great alternative. *whistles*

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016

Hmm... I'm gonna need to change some of my sterling over to dollars...
    But yeah, this is probably only going to be available online/wireless.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Stop speculating, that video may be a beta gameplay. Or it is the new name to the BAG.

Proof, here.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    What's wrong with speculation? If we're not allowed to speculate you may as well just shut down the Black and White section until it comes out.

Regardless, there are screenshots that have "BAG" in them, so I'd assume Shooter is something different, likely relevant to online play.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My excat thoughts.

I could use the dsi camera too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Shooter?

Yeah, it look like the Shooter will replace Bag, but I Wonder what it is for...

My guess is that is a new device used to "Shoot" stuff at pokemon, both to help them or catch them. Imagine putting a pokeball in the shooter and use it to catch a Wild pokemon. Or shoot lava cookies at your own team :P

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    mabey there ould be certain types of fights where u have to aim ur attach like ice beam and u need to make it hit buy locking it on and a perfect lock on would be a crit

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    you shoot a pokeball, capture the trainer, then train him to be the greatest pokemon ever!
    nah...[lol! I imagine the main character throwing a poké ball and then the oponent is stuned when he sees a naked human coming out of it :O]

Yeah, it look like the Shooter will replace Bag, but I Wonder what it is for...

My guess is that is a new device used to "Shoot" stuff at pokemon, both to help them or catch them. Imagine putting a pokeball in the shooter and use it to catch a Wild pokemon. Or shoot lava cookies at your own team :P[Ok! Who's hungry? (All Pokémon demending food) Ok then! (Prepare his bazooka!) lol...]

Since "Bag" wasn't listed, I'm going to guess that the Shooter is basically a bag.[Well,in some screenshots, I have seen BAG wrote instead of SHOOTER. So, I really believe it's a multiplayer and special battle facility option where items can't usually be used.]

Last edited:
    Back