• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fighting Arven & Endgame Impossible?

Maekrow

Mae
    Days
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    Is it just me or is the game absolutely impossible by the end? I feel like I didn't have much trouble throughout, but once I got to the final Star base and fighting Arven, the game became outright unbeatable. I recognize it's endgame, and it should be harder (at least that's what most would say), but this feels almost unfair :( I'm too dumb to come up with a good team and like fighting who I fight with on my team, so I don't know what my options are at this point besides quitting entirely and just never beating the game. I'm so sad.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Is it just me or is the game absolutely impossible by the end? I feel like I didn't have much trouble throughout, but once I got to the final Star base and fighting Arven, the game became outright unbeatable. I recognize it's endgame, and it should be harder (at least that's what most would say), but this feels almost unfair :( I'm too dumb to come up with a good team and like fighting who I fight with on my team, so I don't know what my options are at this point besides quitting entirely and just never beating the game. I'm so sad.

I don't remember Arven being too hard for me, but that last Team Star base is in my opinion the hardest battle in the game. (for the level they expect you to be at)
    I have absolutely no idea why they made that fight so ridiculous considering that isn't even postgame.

What team are you using? What levels are they? Depending on the team your answer could be as easy as getting a better move, or just grinding a few more levels.

Maekrow

Mae
    Days
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    I don't remember Arven being too hard for me, but that last Team Star base is in my opinion the hardest battle in the game. (for the level they expect you to be at)
    I have absolutely no idea why they made that fight so ridiculous considering that isn't even postgame.

What team are you using? What levels are they? Depending on the team your answer could be as easy as getting a better move, or just grinding a few more levels.
    The last Star base for me, by the way, is fighting. I know we may have done them out of order, but that's the last one I have to do and it's downright brutal, at least the boss fight is. As for my team, everything in my team is early to mid 50s, so I should be good enough at this point. I even went and bought a slew of revive powder just so I could easily fully revive anyone at any time during the fight and I'm still getting wrecked. I just don't know what to do at this point and it's so frustrating I'm ready to bail entirely :/

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    The last Star base for me, by the way, is fighting. I know we may have done them out of order, but that's the last one I have to do and it's downright brutal, at least the boss fight is. As for my team, everything in my team is early to mid 50s, so I should be good enough at this point. I even went and bought a slew of revive powder just so I could easily fully revive anyone at any time during the fight and I'm still getting wrecked. I just don't know what to do at this point and it's so frustrating I'm ready to bail entirely :/

Oh it was Fighting for me as well. The 'zone' itself is pretty standard but the boss fight is so BS that it passes the line into outright unfair for me. Not the boss girl's Pokemon, but that goddamn car of hers. To quote Bulbapedia:

"The Starmobiles are immune to all negative status conditions, volatile or otherwise. Their types cannot be changed by moves such as Soak. All of their moves can be used without PP limitations. Transform fails if used on a Starmobile, and Imposter does not activate.

Starmobiles are not technically proper forms of Revavroom, as the game essentially overwrites the last opponent that was knocked out, and directly modifies their stats, Nature, types, Abilities, and moves. As a result, the Starmobiles have no IVs or EVs, and have stats that are out-of-bounds for a typical Revavroom of similar level. Instead, they have the following custom properties"

And here are the stats and abilities of her car:

Spoiler:

Most of the stuff after that boss still gets 'harder' level wise, but at least every other enemy plays fair. If you'd like, I can either lend you an 'Ace' (a level 100 Pokemon capable of beating it) for use only on the car, (hey, if she's not going to play fair, why should you?) or you could send me your team and I can give them a quick 'bump' to either their levels, stats, or both. (I've completed the game and have a ton of resources) these may not be the 'prefered' options, but they would at least let you play the rest of the game.

Years
    • Seen today
    If that's how you feel about the endgame, then don't even touch the Indigo Disk DLC.

Arven isn't particularly difficult and has weaknesses that are easy to exploit. Four of his Pokémon: Greedent, Garganacl, Cloyster, and Mabosstiff are weak to Fighting moves, Toedscruel is 4x weak to Ice, and Cloyster is also complete garbage against special attacks, any decent special attacker can get make quick work of it.

His Pokémon range somewhere between level 59-63, so if your team is barely in the early 50s, then it's not about him being hard, you're just underlevelled and that can be solved by training some more or using Exp/Rare candies.

There's probably no need to change your team, but you might need to pay attention to your move sets and other aspects. I mean, if you have trouble defeating an opponent, your options essentially are:
    A) Spam candies until your team is 20 levels above your opponent, and cheese your way through easily but without learning anything.
    B) Try to figure out why you're failing and what you can do to win with the Pokémon you want to stick with. Do you need to improve your strategy? improve your movesets? held items? Terastallization?

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    yeah the fighting team star one was hard 😭i had to beat a lot of tera raids to get exp candies (also don't worry, the final Team Star battle isn't too hard)

Back