• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Exams

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
    Is Finals Week for school only, or do colleges and Universities have it?

In the UK, for most Universities, right now is exam time for first semester. Tends to be over the period of two weeks. I've got two, which is alright, and I'm ahead of where I usually am revision-wise so that's good. =P

Years
    Is Finals Week for school only, or do colleges and Universities have it?

In the UK, for most Universities, right now is exam time for first semester. Tends to be over the period of two weeks. I've got two, which is alright, and I'm ahead of where I usually am revision-wise so that's good. =P

I had it for high school and in college, too. It generally takes place over the span of a week, although one of my friends goes to a school that has all their finals over three days rather than five. It's really bad for most of us this year because we've only been back to school for a week and then we have finals (because of when Thanksgiving fell).

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
    I had it for high school and in college, too. It generally takes place over the span of a week, although one of my friends goes to a school that has all their finals over three days rather than five. It's really bad for most of us this year because we've only been back to school for a week and then we have finals (because of when Thanksgiving fell).
    That seems like a lot of work. D=

We have a two week period for exams, including the Saturday, so it's Monday to Friday... which iss 11 possible days. (Then two exam slots per day, morning and afternoon.)

Most people have about 3-4 exams, I'm on a reduced credit load so only two.

Also, just to make sure, sometimes college in the US is like University in the UK, right? Only I know a lot of Americans refer to Uni as college.

Years
    I just had my physics exam today afternoon. I'm still paranoid about not doing something correct and getting huge points off. I really need the A for this course and I hope I didn't **** it all up at the end.

Years
    That seems like a lot of work. D=

We have a two week period for exams, including the Saturday, so it's Monday to Friday... which iss 11 possible days. (Then two exam slots per day, morning and afternoon.)

Most people have about 3-4 exams, I'm on a reduced credit load so only two.

Also, just to make sure, sometimes college in the US is like University in the UK, right? Only I know a lot of Americans refer to Uni as college.

I'd assume so? I actually found this useful website, because there is a difference between a college and a university.https://www.diffen.com/difference/College_vs_University

I'm taking 16 credits this term, so I'm fairly busy. I had an exam and 2 papers due today (for the same class). Tomorrow I have a presentation (which shouldn't be bad), and then an exam on Wednesday and Thursday. I think I'm most worried about my test on Thursday because it's for Cost Accounting, and I always want to have As in my accounting classes.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I have Java, and I did C# and VB. I hate how the latter two are basically 75% multiple choice questions, 30% of those which are about the IDE or ******** unfair ones. Of course the coding section is so easy that it's a cakewalk and you spend most of your time making sure everything looks good. At least the Java one is actual coding.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
    In the UK, Colleges on their own generall teach either vocational courses or simply do the two highest exam levels you can take at school. So, in England a lot of people get up to their GCSEs then do A-Levels at College then go to Uni.

In Scotland, most people I know stuck in school until at least Higher (and at my school, most stuck around for Advanced Higher) then went straight to University. Some did leave and go to College, some went after school and a few went instead of school.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I'm nearing the end of my finals week. My final paper is tomorrow morning, and after that I'll be free for the rest of the year till the beginning of the next. Strangely enough (actually not that strange as it has happened to be for my previous two papers), I'm rather calm and clear headed tonight. I rarely freak out. It's not that I'm super confident or anything. It's something like "Let's face this shizz and be done with it. You can do it." kinda mentality, y'know. I've actually not studied that much for this paper, to be honest. Just reading through the notes and taking things in that I think would be helpful for tomorrow and hoping for the best.

Years
    In the UK, Colleges on their own generall teach either vocational courses or simply do the two highest exam levels you can take at school. So, in England a lot of people get up to their GCSEs then do A-Levels at College then go to Uni.

In Scotland, most people I know stuck in school until at least Higher (and at my school, most stuck around for Advanced Higher) then went straight to University. Some did leave and go to College, some went after school and a few went instead of school.

Hmmm, did not know that. Colleges and universities in the U.S. essentially offer the same education right out of high school, so there's no hierarchy. You can apply to either and you will get a degree that means the same thing from either school.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I just. . . flop on my bed. . . crawl under the blankets. . . and say "noooooooooooo"
    Just kidding. A little bit :v I don't like studying, but at least my school dedicates the last day before finals days as a 'review day'. That's all that happens on that day. Reviews. (zzz) Which is good because otherwise I wouldn't study. Most of my classes are easy this year, which is also good.

Years
    I don't have to worry about finals anymore, but when I did, it tended to go something along these lines:

Try not to worry about them until like a day or two before then OH GOD FINALS TOMORROW cram cram cram everything in my head while I worry if I'll pass or not. And when I hit the worry/cramming phase oh boy did I worry a lot. Double worries if the final was some kind of oral presentation!

Then again, that was in college. Before then I usually didn't worry as much because I'm like "eh, whatever, I remember all this stuff no problem!"

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I'm currently having my finals this week and, to be honest, I didn't really worry even though I never studied for the year. Basically I just study the day before the exam without panicking xD

Years
    Hopefully everyone is still going strong in their studies! I have my last one tomorrow at 9, and I'm feeling okay about it right now. I still plan on staying up a few more hours to study. I'm always jealous of everyone who gets done early, because I've never been done earlier than Thursday and that won't be changing next semester, either. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Had my final exams at the first week of this month. I felt a lot more calm than last semester when I had five final exams and I literally crammed.

I learned my lesson from when I was a freshman in college. Back then I never CARED about finals, and I never thought they would be so important and they could make or break our grade. With that, on my first semester I got my first D in math, and it was the worst thing ever...all because I never studied for my exam. I retook that math class the next semester and passed it with a B, because I studied. \o/

Some advice: stay calm and don't cram. Begin studying for finals a month in advance or so, you will feel good once you get your exam and pass it with flying colors. Procrastination is the enemy and you can kill it.

Back