• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Final Fantasy 7 remake/Marvel's Avengers Delayed

Years
    Final Fantasy -
    Square Enix announced Final Fantasy 7 Remake has been delayed from March 3 to April 10, 2020.

In a statement, Square Enix Producer Yoshinori Kitase and the Final Fantasy VII Remake development team explained the reasons behind the delay. This is to ensure the final game will be in-line with their vision, and good enough so that all the fans around the world are satisfied after the long wait. Kitase apologized for the wait and mentioned how the team needs a few more weeks to polish the game and to deliver us the best possible experience.

Personally speaking, I believe this is very good news and I hope Square Enix takes all the time they need to not screw this up. This delay will make the wait even harder but a demo is also probably coming out soon. As you already heard, a Final Fantasy 7 Remake demo leaked but we didn't get an official announcement regarding when it'll actually launch yet. The demo covers the very beginning of the game, with the iconic part of Cloud participating in a Mako Reactor sabotage mission with Avalanche.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is now coming to PlayStation 4 on April 10. The game will be a one-year timed exclusive, meaning a PC version announcement and more could happen as soon as April 2021. You can check out our previous coverage to learn more about the game. We've got the latest screenshots and character profiles, who most notably detail one of the new characters of this Remake.

Source: https://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-delay-april-10/

Marvel -
    Alongside announcing a delay for Final Fantasy VII Remake this morning, Square Enix also revealed that it is also delaying one of its other upcoming major 2020 releases.

Rather than releasing in May as was originally intended, Square Enix and developer Crystal Dynamics announced this morning that Marvel's Avengers has now been pushed back. The game is now planned to launch later in the summer and will arrive on September 4, 2020. Crystal Dynamics in a statement said that this delay will help make Marvel's Avengers "the ultimate Avengers gaming experience." They also went on to apologize for the delay adding, "We're confident that it will be worth the wait."

Compared to Final Fantasy VII, Square Enix has been a bit quieter with Marvel's Avengers over the past few months. In fact, we haven't seen anything major on the title since back in October when it was revealed that Kamala Khan will be a playable character in Avengers. Since then, Square has been oddly silent about the project for one reason or another. Now, that silence seems to make a bit more sense considering the game has now been pushed back around three months.

With convention season quickly approaching, we should start to see a whole lot more of Marvel's Avengers in action, if I had to guess. PAX East, E3, and any other events in between are likely good bets on when more footage and information regarding Avengers should start coming about. If we're lucky, perhaps more playable characters in the game will soon be revealed, too.

Marvel's Avengers is set to arrive on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia when it arrives in September.

Source: https://www.dualshockers.com/marvels-avengers-delay-september-release-date/

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I'm literally not surprised. As always there's nothing we can do about it.

Maybe now GameStop will actually end up being right and the Demo will be available on the original release date instead

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm not bothered at all by the delay. I'd rather have a more polished game than a rushed one in every single case.

Also, now it's coming out closer to my birthday, so I can actually ask for it for my birthday and not have to wait so long to play it, yay.

pkmin3033

FFVII releasing in the same month as Cyberpunk 2077? That's going to be an interesting month. Really, they could do with delaying it longer and releasing all of it, rather then just part of it. They can polish it all they want, it's not going to change that they're releasing an incomplete game. I definitely won't be buying it until it's either dropped to around a third of the price - at least - or they release all of it. Any interest I had was killed when I realised they expected me to pay probably over £100 to get the full experience, because it'll probably be at least three parts. Typical Square Enix!

I'm glad Crystal Dynamics are confident about their Avengers game, because I'm not, haha. Hopefully they'll do something about those awful B-List Movie character models and either go for a more comic-faithful design or just make MCU models like they obviously want to. Crystal Dynamics did a fairly mediocre job with Tomb Raider so I'm not sure if they're the right studio to be handling this, really. This wasn't a game I had planned to buy, but I guess we'll see what the longer wait does to it.

Cid

Years
    I'm honestly just glad that FF7R isn't being rushed out. If there's things that can be done to tweak it for the better, I'd rather they do the polishing than release it prematurely.

Marvel's Avengers is a cool title that deserves polish as well, but the hype for it has mostly simmered down, I think. I hope it ends up being a good game in its own right. If Spider-Man on the PS4 can do it, why not the Avengers, too, right?

Years
    I'm definitely fine with delays if it means a better game. Although... I'm not fussed enough about the Avenger's game to care either way.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    There's no thread about this, although I'm sure everyone has probably heard by now though.

Looks like the Cyberpunk game got delayed until September now as well. So FF7 Remake won't be competing with that at least

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Guess what?

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Demo is available now. Oh... at it's free.

I'm streaming it this Thursday at 5:30 p.m. EST

Back