• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Finally got to go to space!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    So, I was one of those kids that thought if I checked the Mossdeep Space Center every day and the dude counted to 100 (or was it down from 100?), I would be able to go to space. Unfortunately this was a lie... but years later we finally get to go to space in ORAS!

What did you think of this new part in the story? Did you like it or would you have done it differently? I would have liked to have a Jirachi event in space, personally ^_^

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, I thought the space cutscene and battle was one of the highlights of the storyline. It really fit in well with the theme and I'm glad they actually gave us the opportunity to do so!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I love the fact that going into space to get Deoxys is like they were paying homage to the rumors back in the days of RS. Cause I also was the kid that was checking that white rock and the number of rocket launches, ahaha. So I will admit that when I first beat AlphaSapphire and got to go to space for Deoxys, my inner eleven-year old was so excited that they finally got to do this. :')

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
    It was one of the best things in the remakes! but It's too bad we didn't get to see Jirachi. I would've loved to see Jirachi.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I didn't really like most of the Delta Episode, but going to space was quite fun! The music was fantastic and I think overall that was one of the coolest things in the game ^_^

Years
    I really loved the fact we got to go to space, it was really well done and as a kid I believed that we could go to space from the Mossdeep Space Centre so it was nice to finally do so - although I would have liked a Jirachi event too.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I loved it! I wish Jirachi would have at least had a cameo in the background or smthn- I don't think it really needed its event to be in space but that would have been cool too! Just not at the same time haha let us go up again for that in post-postgame.

Pinta77

Yeah it was pretty sweet. I have to say I was quite surprised that they made it so you could catch Deoxys in game, but it was so much fun! Also like the anime version of this scene!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I loved it! I wish Jirachi would have at least had a cameo in the background or smthn- I don't think it really needed its event to be in space but that would have been cool too! Just not at the same time haha let us go up again for that in post-postgame.
    I feel you. I wish event legendaries had some of in-game event once you received them in their specific region. Nowadays it's hard to tell for newer players which Pokemon are technically from which region. Like my brother doesn't even know that Celebi is technically a Johto Pokemon, and that Jirachi is a Hoenn one.

Maybe like once you receive it and bring it to a place in Hoenn, someone says something special and gives you another meteorite, idk haha. Then in XY, when you get Diancie something else would happen to make it really feel more like a Kalos Pokemon. Right now they just seem like extras that are just... there.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I think a lot of the "lesser" legendaries all across the board have that problem tbh. Like on one hand we have like... the lore of the legendary dogs- they are deeply integrated into Johto; they straight up can't be from anywhere else and the Lake Trio, who are essential to Sinnoh's creation mythos. On the other, we have the Regis who are a postgame sidequest and rarely mentioned if at all, and the space duo we've been talking about who we've almost never had access to. Their lack of ties to their home region just makes them... much less relevant. Not even getting into the Sinnoh pantheon.

Honestly if I hadn't known better all my life I would have said the Regis were Sinnoh Pokémon due tho their presence in Movie 8, or that the Latis were Johto due to M5. They just don't have the regional connection that others do.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2016
    I enjoyed it tremendously and i think they did a huge favor to the fans for making it come true, to go to space in a Pokemon game, i loved it, i simply loved the moment, one of the most vital of the storyline!

Years
    Yea I was one of those kids that thought 'if I go to 999 successful launched I'll get to go to space and catch Jirachi! Safe to say it was a lie and crushed my childhood... Really liked the fact that Game Freak actually made it happen in the Delta Episode.

One thing I still miss though is Mirage Island. I used to check every single freakin' day but never got the chance to go there... Did anybody go there legitimately?

Back