• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finish each other's sentences!

Years
The person above you will post a start to a sentence, which you then have to finish! Then you post a start to a sentence for the person below you to finish.

For example:

User 1:
It seems like only yesterday...

User 2:
... that I fell into a fountain and saw a fish wearing a skirt.

I long to once more see...

User 3:
...a smile on your face!

etc. etc.

And to start us off:

I was staring out the window when...

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
(There's a reference I wanna make here SOOO bad, but sadly it's not very 13+ friendly for the site so I'll go with this instead...)

... a freak in a stupid lookin' green Halloween costume flew by on a scary looking glider, followed shortly after by a dorky lookin' guy in a red and blue skintight spandex costume swingin' from building to building with nothin' but silly string!

Today I was returning home in my Landspeeder when...

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
... I realised I didn't have the keys... How could I turn it on?

I took my sword at work today and...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
finally massacred that hellish can of tuna that has given me trouble for the last couple months!

I take a sip out of...

StCooler

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
... my future self from 2080 bursts in to warn me: if I win this game, then a butterfly effect will lead to the end of the world.

A meteor is getting closer to the Earth...

Years
... and the only way to stop it is to quickly build a giant hammer shaped space station, but all the countries just keep bickering and it never ends up being built. :sadwick:

Spoiler:

That cat over there is looking at me like...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
it's asking me the important questions about what's life, what's the meaning of life, why people wage war, when will we finally make peace and most importantly: where's my food?

I got you covered with...

StCooler

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
... banknotes so I can win that one thread!

I filled my pool with...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
...the reasons behind Nintendo going after ROM Hacks and all the likes is a lot more complicated than most people would expect.

I read a book about...

Years
... League of Extraordinarily Gentle Managers, who were looking for a place to hold a meeting about how to treat their employees better! =D

I seem to have left my wallet at the...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I'm the new owner of all their stuff!

Whenever I look outside my window I...
Is it? 🤔
It is. People like to talk about copyright and sure that is part of it. But the main thing they are worried about is their Trademarks. Like, the name "Kong" used to be protected and owned by a movie company until they were defeated in court by, guess who, Nintento. Thing is: if a name becomes associated with a certain concept, like if any game that is "game where you catch monsters" is, in the public eye, perceived as "Pokemon" it'll open the case of whether or not it should be allowed for anyone who is not Nintendo to create a "game where you catch monsters" and call it "Pokemon" and allowed to make money off of it.

Given how popular the series is you can be sure that many competitors with a very high budget (Microsoft, Sony) are just waiting for the opportunity to make profit off of it. Nintendo may be big, but it's nowhere near as big as those two especially. They also only have video games as their main source of revenue.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
...see my neighbor staring back at me... O_O

So I was on my way to the Malt Shop when...

It is. People like to talk about copyright and sure that is part of it. But the main thing they are worried about is their Trademarks. Like, the name "Kong" used to be protected and owned by a movie company until they were defeated in court by, guess who, Nintento. Thing is: if a name becomes associated with a certain concept, like if any game that is "game where you catch monsters" is, in the public eye, perceived as "Pokemon" it'll open the case of whether or not it should be allowed for anyone who is not Nintendo to create a "game where you catch monsters" and call it "Pokemon" and allowed to make money off of it.

Given how popular the series is you can be sure that many competitors with a very high budget (Microsoft, Sony) are just waiting for the opportunity to make profit off of it. Nintendo may be big, but it's nowhere near as big as those two especially. They also only have video games as their main source of revenue.

Huh, now that is interesting.
Though I still wish that 'BIG COMPANYTM' would let the poor plebs have some fun once in a while, as long as they weren't making a profit off of 'BIG COMPANYTM's property of course.
(this doesn't include direct piracy obviously)

Years
... I encountered a Butler Cat and negotiated terms on it's employment so that I could live in style. All it wanted was a litter-box and three meals a day!

Spoiler:

I was waiting for the train when I saw....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
it arrive on the wrong track. I then had to run as fast as I can to get it!

The trees came closer as...

Back