• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(FINISHED!) The Great PokéCommunity Wonder Trade Bonanza

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • (FINISHED!) The Great Pok?Community Wonder Trade Bonanza

The Great Pok?Community Wonder Trade Bonanza

Wonder Trade. You all know what it is. It's that wondrous system where you put up a Pok?mon for trade, and you don't know what you're going to get from the other end! You can get anything from a random Level 2 Yungoos caught on Route 1, all the way up to a shiny Level 100, fully battle-ready Arceus! From what I've seen, I haven't really seen a major Wonder Trade event hosted on Pok?Community, so why not host one of my own.

The rules are as follows:

1. Actually find the damn thing! Open the menu with "X", select "Festival Plaza", tap the big blue "Trade" button and then select "Wonder Trade".
    2. Select your Pok?mon.
    3. Watch as it gets traded for god knows what!
    4. Report on what you traded in the topic itself, and how many Wonder Trades you did. DO NOT RETRADE THE SAME BOX SLOT!

For the duration of the GT, all Wonder Trades will take place between 7:00 PM UTC and 10:00 PM UTC. If you want to join and we don't know your tribe, state your tribe in your post, and you will be added to the list! You can join whenever you want, but for the sake of points, it is encouraged you join as early as possible!

Wow, I have a lot of useless Pikipeks in the PC. Can I Wonder Trade them?

Well, you can, but Pikipek are extremely common. Most players have them, and most Wonder Traders look for new Pok?mon that they may not have yet, or intend to put out their good Pok?mon to the masses. Putting out common Pok?mon on Wonder Trade ruins the fun of "Hey! What are you gonna get?" and turns it into "Wow! I got 30 Grubbins from Wonder Trade!" while in turn ruining the system for everyone. For examples to mind out for, there's a list of blacklisted Pok?mon that are banned from trading as part of the event.

But I don't have any amazing shiny 6IV Kyogres to put on Wonder Trade! How do I make my Pok?mon "good"?

You don't need ultra rare Pok?mon like the Kyogre mentioned here if you want to please someone on Wonder Trade. There's several ways in which to do it.

- Nicknames! Nickname the precious Pok?mon that you send out over Wonder Trade! Just don't send anything offensive!
    - Egg moves! They might just be for the good of the breeders and competitive battlers, save them some work searching the right breeding pair!
    - Hidden Abilities! Stuff like Rough Skin Garchomp and Speed Boost Blaziken remain in high demand. Some of them are extremely rare!
    - Pok?mon not found in the Alola region! A lot of Pok?mon are only available through Pok?mon Bank, such as Ferroseed and Nidoran. Some people don't have Bank, so do them a cool favour and make their day by sending them something cool like that!
    - Held items! Anything that evolves when traded with an item, such as Feebas or Porygon, will be very welcomed if they have their respective item! Alternatively, give your Pok?mon useful battle items such as Choice Band or Life Orb.
    - Rare balls! Pok?mon in rare and special balls such as Love Ball and Heavy Ball are commonly sought after.
    - Tutor moves! Some cool moves are only available through Move Tutors, such as Hyper Voice Eevee and Drain Punch Chesnaught.
    - Trade evolutions! It's great for people who need to fill their Pok?dex but don't have anyone to trade with!

Scoring system:

The base score of a Pok?mon plus:
    - 1 point per perfect IV
    - 4 points if a Hidden Ability
    - 3 points if holding an item
    - 2 points for a nice nickname
    - 1 point per egg move or tutor move
    - 10 points if it is a Shiny Pok?mon!
    - 2 points for participation

These points are stackable on top of each other. For example, a 6IV Protean Froakie will net you 13 points.

Prizes:

At the end of this event, Z-crystals will be awarded to whoever gets the top 3!

1st place: Primarium Z (150 points!)
    2nd place: Fairium Z (50 points!)
    3rd place: Normalium Z (20 points!)

Blacklisted Pok?mon - DO NOT TRADE THEM!

Well, there is one problem with Wonder Trade, and the problem is that people throw up useless crap from the early game that nobody wants. To make this event more interesting for everyone and the Wonder Trade itself, the following Pok?mon are forbidden from being traded as part of this event. Trading any of them will result in a deduction of 5 points for their tribe.

Spoiler:

Exceptions to the rule: if they have redeeming qualities, such as egg moves, Hidden Abilities and perfect IVs, then they can be traded, but their overall score will be halved. For example, a 6IV Caterpie will only net you 3 points! Should it come down to half a point, it will be rounded down. Otherwise, please refrain from trading freshly caught Pok?mon from the first few routes!

Participants

Spoiler:

Scoreboard

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Count me in as well (Lele). I've got quite a bit of decent breeds in my game, and plenty of 5IV Chespin and Buneary especially since I was breeding for shinies for ages haha. Got lots of other things I'm sure would come in handy for players as well! Though 7-10PM UT is 3-6PM my time which is when I'm at work on weekdays, so I'll only be able to do this on weekends ):

Years
  • I think I still should have few boxes of 5IV Love Ball Extremespeed Dratinis... So if I can bring myself to load that save up, I'll be wondertrading too.

HeroLinik

Years
  • All participants, you have one more hour until the main event window opens! If you haven't applied and are interested, you might as well apply!

TheLeafFan28

aka. Xenoleaf
    Years
  • I'm Xenoleaf from the Discord.

I'll be trading three different Pok?mon (two starters and one rare or pseudo) every day of the event, altering every hour.

Today I'll be trading 30 5V Feebas holding a Prism Scale, 1 6V Feebas with Prism Scale, 30 5V Charmander (10 Timid, Modest and Adamant) and 30 5V Timid Protean Froakie.

On the final day of the event, I'll be trading Legendaries, including one shiny Mewtwo that my friend caught for me when USUM first came out.

OT: Leaf

I hope we'll end up trading with each other! :smile:

Last edited:

HeroLinik

Years
  • THIS EVENT IS NOW LIVE! You may start Wonder Trading! When you're done and/or the time window elapses, report on what you traded, along with how many you did. It's highly recommended you take a picture of your boxes before and after you trade them!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wahoo!

Starting with some extras from my shiny female HA Buneary + female HA Snivy breeding, among some other things.

Trade 1: Female 5IV Jolly HA Heal Ball Buneary, Lv. 1 (No Held Item) -> Lv. 1 Magikarp
    Trade 2: Female 3IV Jolly HA Heal Ball Buneary, Lv. 1 (No Held Item) -> Lv. 4 German Inkay
    Trade 3: Female 4IV Jolly HA Heal Ball Buneary, Lv. 1 (No Held Item) -> Lv. 28 Crabrawler
    Trade 4: SHINY Male Jolly 5IV Non-HA (Run Away) Heal Ball Buneary, Lv. 13 (No Held Item) -> Lv. 2 Korean Grubbin. Congrats, Toni from the US! :3c
    Trade 5: Female 4IV Timid HA Snivy, Lv. 19 (No Held Item) -> Lv. 2 Caterpie
    Trade 6: SHINY Female Impish Non-HA Premier Ball Oddish, Lv. 12 (No Held Item) -> Lv. 23 French Gastly. Congrats, CREEPER from the US! :3c

Have a bunch more but their IVs aren't marked, so I'll put that off and do it next time when I can. Doing this while playing FFXIV is hella hard.

Going to post the pictures I took soon!

edit:
    HA Buneary trades before -> after
    HA Snivy trade before -> after
    Shiny Buneary + Oddish trades before -> after

Last edited:

HeroLinik

Years
  • If you're still going, you've got one hour left to get your trades in! After this, the scores for today will be tallied up, and revealed!

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • I went overboard.

Garchomp. LV.100 HA Mostly perfect ivs
    I have video proof... but the file won't upload

Last edited:

HeroLinik

Years
  • Alright, the first wave of Wonder Trading is over, and here's the score so far!

Taking an absolutely landslide early lead is TheLeafFan28, trading 10 5IV Feebas with 3 egg moves and holding Prism Scale, with a groundbreaking 142 points! Also racking in the trades are Sheep, trading an assortment of Buneary, along with the odd Snivy and Oddish, with 42 points and Calzone407, trading an amazing level 100 Hidden Ability Garchomp, with 21 points! There's still all to play for and it's still anyone's game, so get trading tomorrow!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have a lot of great 5IV (plus some 6IV) HA stuff, rare balls iirc, lots of shinies, lots of bottle caps + other rare items, but... that's sleeping time in Australian timezone so alas I cannot enter, shame other Australians can't enter either. :c Good luck Lele people. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2022
    I'll be trading 31 Alolan Sandshrews with HA Slush Rush, 4 Egg Moves: Night Slash, Icicle Spear, Icicle Crash, Metal Claw, 5 IVs, Holding an Ice Stone, Adamant Nature, and in Premier Balls!

Results: Grubbin, French Ekans, Japanese Mawile w Fire Fang, French Popplio, German Crobat w Sharp Beak, A-Raticate, German Smeargle w T-Wave, Caterpie, Froakie, German Trumbeak , German Herdier, Magikarp, Masquerain, Spearow, Japanese Weedle w 5IV, A-Rattata, Yungoos, German Charmander w 4IV Air Cutter Outrage A-Power D-Dance, French Lillipup, Korean Steenee, Spanish Shuppet w High IV, Grubbin, Oranguru, Japanese Staryu w High IV, Relicanth w 1IV, A-Rattata, French Popplio, Pelipper w Pretty Wing, Spanish Ledyba, French Zubat, A-Raticate w a funny name

Before 1, Before 2
    After 1, After 2

Last edited:

HeroLinik

Years
  • The second wave is over, and here's the score so far!

Already extending their lead TheLeafFan28, trading an assortment of Feebas, Totodile, Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Froakie, is already in the quadruple digits! A sudden contender coming in from the rear is UltimaSoul who is already rocking 684 points! Meanwhile, colours has scored 164 points. The way these scores are shaping out should give a good indication of what's considered a good Wonder Trade for the event!

Don't forget, you get 2 points for participating in every wave! This can go a long way to deciding who wins the event! I highly suggest you take part and scare up some good Pokemon for this!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'll make it today. I have 32 of 5IV HA Adamant Dratinis in Love Ball with Wrap, Leer, Extreme Speed and Dragon Dance. I also have 3 of these with 6IV and 14 without HA.

I also started preparing Audinos with Wish for tomorrow.

Back