• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem (and once again).

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
    Well, since the other thread can't be revived, then here's another one for those fans of this game.

In first place, there are Nine Fire Emblem games now (for those who are new in this now) and only three of them were released in other places apart of Japan (The Sword Of Seals was supposed to be the first one out but Nintendo decided to release Blazing Sword first, known as "Fire Emblem" in America, Europe, etc, in Japan is known as Rekka No Ken).

For those who want to know about all the games: here's the list with the original name:

Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari No Tsurugi (Dragon of Darkness and Sword of Light) - System: NES/Famicom

Fire Emblem Gaiden - System: NES/Famicom

Fire Emblem: Monshô no Nazo (Mystery of the Emblem) - System: SNES/Super Famicom

Fire Emblem: Seisen No Keifu (Genealogy of the Holy War) - System: SNES/Super Famicom

Fire Emblem: Tracia 776 - System: SNES/Super Famicom

Fire Emblem: Fuuin No Tsurugi (The Sword Of Seals) - System: GBA

Fire Emblem: Rekka No Ken (Blazing Sword) - System: GBA

Fire Emblem: Seima No Kouseki (The Sacred Stones) - System: GBA

Fire Emblem: Souen No Kiseki (Path Of Radiance) - System: GCN

There is also a game that is VERY similar to Fire Emblem (responsable: Shouzo Kaga, who avandoned Intelligent Systems to make his own company: Tirnanog Co.) released only in japan and for the PSX/PS2, these are the TearRing Saga and Berwick Saga, TearRing was released in 2001 while Berwick was released in 2005, the name of the game is: Emblem Saga.

Well, any fan of this game who want to talk about?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Ah, has the old one really been dead more than a month? I just hope there's hope for this one...Niko, digi, Yang, and the bunch aren't on much anymore ._.

The day I found out about Tear Ring Saga I became incredibly depressed. There's so little information about it on the internet, and likely zero chance of it ever being made into a rom with an english patch. Arr...

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    I've never heard of Tear Ring Saga o.O

Anyway, I wonder what system the new FE will come out for. I was hoping for the DS, but now I think it will probably be the Revolution...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    As much disdain as I have for the DS, I'd greatly prefer it on that system as opposed to the Revolution, which I will never even consider buying. If only for using the touch screen for easy unit movements, it'd help...especially since DS would still have a slim chance of using sprites whereas Revoltuion would use the cold, dull realistic animations that took much of the excitement out of Path of Radiance for me...

Jet Enduro

Roxasauce
    Years
    .::Tempest::. said:
    I've never heard of Tear Ring Saga o.O

Anyway, I wonder what system the new FE will come out for. I was hoping for the DS, but now I think it will probably be the Revolution...
    The end of FE9 emphasizes that they will make a sequal/prequal, and the FE tradition is that at least two games make up one continent. The next game following Radiance will probably be on the Revolution. Putting a game on Gamecube nowadays isn't that great of an idea imo, putting it on Revolution is the better move.

Yelow~Chan said:
    I <3 FE!

Sophia is my favorite character of all time! ^o^
    Gah, but she starts at LV 1 so late in the game D: If she was at least Lv 10 then she may be useful to most players...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Asuka Langley Soryu said:
    Ah, has the old one really been dead more than a month? I just hope there's hope for this one...Niko, digi, Yang, and the bunch aren't on much anymore ._.

The day I found out about Tear Ring Saga I became incredibly depressed. There's so little information about it on the internet, and likely zero chance of it ever being made into a rom with an english patch. Arr...
    I'm still here.

And I *was* one of the major posters in the last one. Also, for the record, I did get into the secret level on FE7 that Niko said you'd have to be moderately experienced to get onto. So I'm not just a FireEmblem n00b who's not worth counting on that list. </offended>

Anyways, I'm stiiiiill holding out for a DS FireEmblem game. Intelligent Systems already made that Advanced Wars game...

Years
    Paul said:
    Anyways, I'm stiiiiill holding out for a DS FireEmblem game. Intelligent Systems already made that Advanced Wars game...
    But FE always comes in late... ;o;

I wish they would make a FE game for the DS, too... ^___^;;

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yellow~chan said:
    But FE always comes in late... ;o;

I wish they would make a FE game for the DS, too... ^___^;;
    Guiding troops around with the touch screen would be great. I can just see 3D battles on the top screen ;D

Kaga- I have a SNES ROM I downloaded. I wasn't much into the longer battle enviroment. *run run run* ... *attack*

I'm more into the GBA's quicker scenes.

Years
    Paul said:
    Guiding troops around with the touch screen would be great. I can just see 3D battles on the top screen ;D
    8D!

I really wish they'd make the games much like the SNES ones ^____^ because FE9 was disappointing to me... ._.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yellow~chan said:
    8D!

I really wish they'd make the games much like the SNES ones ^____^ because FE9 was disappointing to me... ._.
    When I heard there was dark magic, I realized I wasn't willing to pay $50.

I'm waiting for it to become a Player's Choice.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Yellow~chan said:
    8D!

So much so that I didn't even finish it. Don't get me wrong, the story was good, but the gameplay itself was gutted to the point of it feeling like a cheap imitation...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yellow~chan said:
    I miss dark magic! ;o; It's the thing that made me like FE6-8 so much! X3;;
    I'm forced to agree.

Training up Ewan and Knoll ... wow. Favorite characters, without a doubt.

Back