• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem (and once again).

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ

Oh gosh. Oni, give him the whole ten yards ;<

I suppose this thread is for people who want to know what Fire Emblem is too~

Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Oddly enough, the most common problem I have with the final chapter isn't Nergal or the dragon. It's being sloppy and accidentally having Kenneth come from nowhere and critical Luce one of my characters. Either that or I forget about the Druids near Nergal and they successfully target Oswin with Berserk. Arr...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ

Berserk sucks. I think it's my least favorite status ailment ever created. Unless I'm using it.

Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Kurosaki said:
    Chapter 26 (Eliwood's Story) 'tis pure evil. Talk to Nino, then get her over to talk to Jaffar while guarding the Prince. So annoying, since I keep losing Nino when I get close to Jaffar. >>

Argh, I -hated- that level.

I remember when I first started playing Fire Emblem(FE7 was my very first), and trying to get through that chapter. I had to start over so many times that I would have to put down the game for hours at a time just to calm myself down so I could try again.(I wasn't exactly the master of FE at that point.)

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Took me a few playthroughs of the game to get used to Battle Before Dawn...usually the best thing to do is to send Florina (hopefully at least 20/10 Falcoknight by then) to rescue Nino because of her large movement range and Canas + Luna to destroy Ursula before Bolting can pick any weakened characters off. Jaffar is the greater challenge to rescue, actually; his evasion isn't the best and a few lucky soldiers can kill him before you even have a chance to rescue him; if there's anything I hate in the game it's leaving anything to chance, and this is the chapter that gets on my nerves more than any other.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Kurosaki said:
    Chapter 26 (Eliwood's Story) 'tis pure evil. Talk to Nino, then get her over to talk to Jaffar while guarding the Prince. So annoying, since I keep losing Nino when I get close to Jaffar. >>
    Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ

Whenever you're forced to use a weak character to talk to a strong one, things can get messy.

It's tricky getting into a postition to do it safely.

Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ

Years
    I dislike Battle Before Dawn in HHM... it's always Jaffar wanting to commit suicide in front of a huge crowd full of swordreavers...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I just wish you could recruit Nino earlier in the chapter so the training doesn't have to wait until 26x/28x to begin...because, by the time you get her, you have to wait until Ursula's dead to move her out so she isn't killed by Bolting, then you have to wait for whoever rescued Jaffar to make it to Prince Zephiel's room (the place where I tend to have them meet), and by that time all the enemies are dead.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I really can't stand bolting. It's so terribly inaccurate, it rarely does me any good at all.

And I totally agree, Nino should be brought into the game earlier. Although it adds an element of difficulty to train a weak character so late in the game.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Bolting is incredibly deadly in the right hands, actually. If you have a 20/20 Priscilla or Nino by the end of the game, it tends to have 100% accuracy against almost any character and often gets the x2 bonus. I use it with Nino in the final chapter to eliminate the sage with Bolting in the room with Kenneth and the Gespenst Druid and the Berserk Staff Druid.

I didn't say earlier in the game, just earlier in that chapter. I could really use the few extra turns with her to raise her a couple of levels so I could use her more daringly in 26x/28x. I enjoy the challenge of getting her to 20/20 in a few short chapters.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Well, yeah, if you have a character with good stats, bolting can be deadly.

It's not that helpful until you reach those higher levels though.

The Vince Knight

Lyndis is pwnage! :D
    Years
    PH33R Bolting.. Rawr.
    Not. I haven't seen Syke in ages.
    *Has completed FE9 about more than 5 times w00t!*
    *Blames Jake mostly for trying to commit suicude in most chapters*

Jaffar really likes to kill. Trust me. *Usually passes chapter 26(eliwood) with ease* Mostly n3v3r.

Jaffar VS Madman(Swordbeaver)
    Jaffar(Either miss(Probably unlikely),Critical or hit.
    Madman(Either hit,miss or whatever)

Millions of units go for Jaffar anyway. >_<;
    Disgraceful....

*Uses Fimbulvetr on Anthony,Niko and Chaiman Kaga*
    "Nice solid ice." xD
    *Drags them inside ice into an armory*
    "Wow! You have the ledgendary Niko,Jake and Chairman Kaga Ice cubed sets!" Said the Armory owner as he handed me 500000 gold.
    W00T! lol xD.

The Vince Knight

Lyndis is pwnage! :D
    Years
    What is a more appropriate way to do that then may I ask?
    If you were NOT commiting suicide then why did I see you leaving one of your units to a whole force of enemys?

And why do you call yourself a Stretgist? ;_;
    *When your strategys never work for me anyhow*

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Hmm, that's a little strange...

I've never really used bolting. I just never really had much use for it.

And, a note on Nino, I too wish she would come earlier. I normally train Erk as my main mage/sage, but I would like a chance to see what Nino can do. However, by the time I get her, I could already have a very powerful sage. That's sort of what turns me off from training her. >.>;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Erk phails for me every_single_time I use him...the one time I did train him to 20/20, he only had one or two stats higher than a ?/10 Pent, and those were only by one or two points themselves.

And you really don't need a powerful sage by the time you get Nino...you already have Canas and Lucius (and hopefully Priscilla or Serra), and their magic is enough to slaughter anyone unfortunate unit that comes across their path, so anima becomes rather superfluous until you have the raw materials for a true tank, i.e. Nino and Afa's Drops.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    The Vince Knight said:
    What is a more appropriate way to do that then may I ask?
    If you were NOT commiting suicide then why did I see you leaving one of your units to a whole force of enemys?

And why do you call yourself a Stretgist? ;_;
    *When your strategys never work for me anyhow*
    Well, forming complete sentences and using correct spelling may be a good way of explaining it. Whether a strategy of another works or not depends on the stats of your units, really. The game really isn't that predictable because the stats change when you level up at random, soo...

Kaga said:
    Erk phails for me every_single_time I use him...the one time I did train him to 20/20, he only had one or two stats higher than a ?/10 Pent, and those were only by one or two points themselves.

Erk is the hero of my units, he's quite the powerhouse with an Elfire. Though I guess it may have just been luck, XD

Now I'm in a bit of a pickle with 26x. I keep getting myself cornered, and I'm trying to raise Eliwood but he keeps dying. I only have him at level 5 right now, because I was focusing on other units. XD

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Kurosaki said:
    Now I'm in a bit of a pickle with 26x. I keep getting myself cornered, and I'm trying to raise Eliwood but he keeps dying. I only have him at level 5 right now, because I was focusing on other units. XD

Hehe, yeah...I when I first started out FE7, I thought that since Eliwood was the main hero he must be a very important character. So I trained him, and I figured out somewhat near the end of the game that using of him had payed off.(The chapter where you can only bring five people, can't remember the name)

My brother, who played the game as well, had decided to -not- to use Eliwood and was so rather upset when he fount out what was ahead. XD

To get back to former conversation...

Erk normally turns out well for me; I don't think I've ever had a file where he absolutely stunk. Like Kurosaki, maybe it's just luck, I don't know.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Kurosaki said:
    Erk is the hero of my units, he's quite the powerhouse with an Elfire. Though I guess it may have just been luck, XD

I have bad luck with virtually all of my units...probably out of the ten times I've played Rekka no Ken seven of them have been miserable failures XD I did so well the last time I played that I doubt I can ever top it, though. If we ever get into bragging on the stats of some of our characters I'll be glad to post XD

Night of Farewells...ick. Try and have Nino and Eliwood double-team on enemies if you want to raise them both. Have her attack from a distance and let him finish them off; that way you raise your two tanks-to-be equally. It's not bad to have an A support with Ninian by that time; that way your Eliwood has stat boosts and can attack twice in a row. I used to find Ninian useless but now I couldn't think of playing without her...she's a live-saver, honestly o_o;

Back