• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire or Water?

Which Type do you like? Fire or Water?

• Fire

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Water

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • I don't like either

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I love them both, I can't decide

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    A few people on the "Ice and Water" Poll were talking about loving fire. I was wondering, between Fire and Water, which is liked better?

I like Water, It's my favorite element to the end.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Fire was my favourite type back in the first generation games but Water-Types are so great in competitive battling and they're plentiful, unlike Fire-Types.. I'd say I have to give way to a draw here.

Years
    Water Types all the way! They're cute, strong & there are so many diffrent varities! ^^

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Put down Water for me, too. Every team I make has a Water-type on it, while I find Fire-types less useful, at least for my playing/battling style.

This goes for both my in-game and "competitive" teams, though I stink at the latter:/

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    I can never decide, but recently my love for Arcanine has put me into the Fire Fans, just. I wish Fire had more variety though, I do like Water for it's varieties and colourful charms.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'd have to say water types, even though my name is ~fire.
    There are little fire type pokemon, and i don't like most of them.
    Water types are plentiful, and most of them have a good design.
    meh, fire types are just weird( magmar slugma and chimchar), but some of them such as houndoom are awesome.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Water for me, not just because I enjoy water over fire in general, but because in competative play, they're so amazing. Bulky Waters can pull off fantastic stalls as tanks and team support. Things like Swampert, Suicune, Milotic, and Vaporeon are some of the best things to take hits; Suicune especially. Water also makes an excellent typing having only 2 weaknesses and resistances to things like Ice, Water, Fire, Steel, etc...Fire, however, cannot play defensive roles on teams. And offensively, they are walled by a lot of common tanks (bulky waters come to mind lol) Weakness to rock, ground, water and Stealth Rock weakness hurts them a lot as well.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    im a big fan of bellyzard in competitive play, i got to stick with my water types. plenty of resistances and variety of a movepool sets makes them team players.

agurcsik

Wee Warios like Strawberries
    Years
    I like Fire more than Water, but not by much because of how often I choose a Water type starter.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Fire and Water can be quite decimatory forces... but from ashes of the wake, new life can flourish. Only to be burnt again! How brutally ironic. I love Fire.

Years
    IF you would of asked me about 6 months to a year ago i would of said FIRE FIRE FIRE but now since i started to pay more atention to the acctually pokemon and when i saw Buizel i grew to llove them equaly

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Oh, I simply love the fire-type pokémon regardless of their bad reputation in competitive battling and their scarcity in-game. My admiration for fire-types began back in the good 'ol days when I first chose Charmander as my little bosom-buddy. It was a tradition that I would always choose the fire-type starter amongst my friends and I suppose their intensity just grew on me through the years.
    (Plus, they're pretty good for plowing through the game if you don't want a legitimate experience...)

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
    Despite there being so dang many Waters, I still prefer them over Fire for the fact that overall Water is more variegated in terms of Pokemon and play styles. I also remember back in the day Fire Types got really screwed over by most of them having high Physical Attack, but no good moves to use it with.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    It's close when it comes to fire and water. When it was between water and ice I had picked water, but between water and fire... I'm not sure. o_x;; I think I would have to choose water though... I like fire a lot, but I think I like water just a tad more..

-Neko

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I have voted fire. :< I like water pokemon, there's nothing to say about that, but fire pokemon have just that little more. And I don't like all fire pokemon, but Typhlosion, Charizard, Blaziken, Houndoom, Arcanine... They have something that other pokemon don't. They take a whole lot of time to train, but once they have arrived at a decent level, they can put up a nice competition.
    It's a shame there are so few fire pokemon to find in the games. D=

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    I like Water Pokemon more, they're better on the defensive side. Fire Pokemon are also cool looking, though I'm not that fond of most of them except for Charizard maybe.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Fire was my favorite, but I'm liking Water-types more and more, as they can be defense and offensive... meh, it's a tie for me.

Back