• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red or Leaf Green

Fire Red or Leaf Green

• Fire Red

Votes: 39 56.5%
  • Leaf Green

Votes: 30 43.5%

• Total voters

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I went to go buy my little bro a copy of pokemon fire red. When i went into GAME. I asked for Fire red and they said it was sold out but leaf green was in stock. I went to other shops and they were sold out of fire red to. Is it something about fire red im missing?

So which one is ur favourite and lets see if Fire red is more popular here on the forum to.

- Lone Eevee

Years
  • i dont know why but firered, and the old red always seemed to be like the main version...but i still prefer leaf green. in my opinion it has better pokemon, and its just cool cuz venusaur is on it, and cuz there was never a green in the us, but there was a red....so i got green. so just get him green and hed be happy. :D

G-Klav

Meh, what should this here say
    Years
  • I voted on LeafGreen, because the exclusive Pok?mon there are better than the ones in FireRed, IMO.

The only annoying thing is that Nidoran (m) is so tough to find, though...

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    I have Leaf Green and all I don't like is that scyther isn't in it, but that is solved so I voted Leaf Green

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
  • People have always liked one color over another with the pokemon games. Most people liked fire over water, and therefore chose the origional red over blue. A lot of people buy FireRed for old times sake, so that explais some of it. Also, if you add all the pokemon in FR with the 200 pokemon obtainable in Hoenn, and then compare it with the combo of the pokemon in LG plus the Hoenn pokemon, FR comes out ahed. Basicly, you can catch more "LG" pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire, so people therefore tend to go for FireRed. Charizard has also been a favorite pokemon for a lot of people. Since charizard is on the box, most would rather go for it then Venasaur. Most people would also rather have a red game then a green one.

I, however, much prefer Green over Red (take a glance at my Screen Name). The chance to actualy get a Green GBA game just couldn't be passed up. Most people would be getting FR anyway, so if I get LG, I would have access to the pokemon that the majority wouldn't have access to (the ones unique to LG), and I could more likely find someone to trade with, to complete both of our pokedexes.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    leaf green is cooler because of the rareness of it. There was nevera green in U.S only a red and blue. it would be dif. if there were fire red and ice blue. Also the pokemon you can catch are better than those in FR. ( eat bannanas).

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • I voted FR because red is a classic, and I was going for more like the old times when Pokemon was #1 in America. Those were great times...

Also, because you get stronger kinds of Pokemon. I don't only go for the colour (Though Red is my fave colour. ) I was debating whether to get LG because it has Vulpix, but then decided that I could always trade one from my other game.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • *Sigh* There both the same just with exclusive pokemon in each version. I have both of them so I prefer both but if I had the go with color I'd go with Fire Red. There there basicly same.

Shining Mew

A Mew??!? WHERE
    Years
  • I picked Fire Red... i always get the first name in the group... Red* and blue, Gold* and Silver, Ruby* and Sapphire, Fire Red* and Leaf Green. My sister always gets the other one. Theyre both pretty much the same thing to me o.o

C.O.H

Patrick Star
    Years
  • I agree with DSS, FR is better because of the Deoxys form, and I like the Pokemons you catch there too!

~C.O.H

SapphireL

I don't wanna lose your love..
    Years
  • I have LeafGreen so I'll vote for it. I like the color green more than red anyway...

it was actually a very hard decision. I wanted a Meowth so badly and when I figured out that Meowth could be caught in BOTH games, I picked LG anyway because I'm starting to get in the habit of buying the "under-dog" games. (like Sapphire... but I DO have Gold version...)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    LG. FR has cooler exclusives, but, like SGM said, its a GREEN PAK! w00t!

And I also agree its cool to have a remake of a Japan-only Pok?mon game. ^_____^

So...I believe LeafGreen is really the better choice =D

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • I choose Leaf Green not because of my favourite pokemon but because green was never released in Australia.So i voted nothing because they both are great.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Leaf Green all the way~ cooler-colour games pwn j00, besides my bro got FR. He always picks the hotter-colours, I pick the cooler, that's how it works in my family. And I like green much better than red. I like that shade.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    This has turned into a Red vs Green color competition xD

Looks like the exclusives don't play much of a part =S

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ya. I really wanted Cloyster/Scizor in LG. Those are the only pokemon I really regret not being able to catch in the wild.

Omega593

End of Your World
    Years
  • I bought Fire Red because it had Vileplume and Cloyster but I know that Leaf Green is better in that which you get better pokemon.

Back