• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Fire Red Overworld Sprite Resource

Years
    • Seen today
    Intro
    This thread is created to serve as a resource for hackers that want to have accurate overworld sprites for all trainer sprites in Fire Red. Besides the Fire Red overworld sprites, this resource also contains some Anime overworld sprites. All overworld sprites for trainers that are originally used in Fire Red are completed. There are trainer sprites from Emerald available in Fire Red as well (Like the Hex Maniac, Guitarist, etc). Those sprites are not completed (yet), but may eventually be added.

Note that these overworld sprites do not (all) fit in the default palettes of Fire Red, so using Navenatox Dynamic Overworld Palettes Patch is a requirement to use all of them.

You're free to use any of these sprites in your hack, that's the whole purpose of this resource. Be sure to give proper credit though. If you think your self-made overworld sprite should be added to this resource (Or you improved a completed one), give me a message or reply in this thread. Be sure they are: Good Quality, Fire Red Style and Properly Indexed. Properly indexed doesn't only mean that the sprite has 16 colors, but a proper sequence of colors as well. That way they are easier to edit.

Completed Overworlds
    Accurate Fire Red Overworld Sprites
    8JblROJ.png
    RKYy8sk.png

wcltZzB.png
    CTrseLE.png
    nIhZwdU.png

6wgbfhY.png
    YVEvo9E.png
    cS07gMb.png

AZuTpf3.png
    jMWAQMp.png
    dmt1aP0.png

I6mNTcv.png
    iStJHD5.png
    lyrSETS.png

SYuv84g.png
    wGvZg49.png
    mrNVrdU.png

3LipakA.png
    cmFLwD5.png
    DKNp7Uz.png

QaPVSXF.png
    iGhBQZF.png
    DNneRcN.png

6N6SZDu.png
    oVYXEn4.png
    uSu6ttR.png

Gwehy1N.png
    Q6D6m20.png
    t5c9Zdc.png

wsjTyMS.png
    vSBwjNI.png
    LEq8UUe.png

Bve1wDd.png
    y8RdtLP.png
    y09OfJ8.png

3LDQx39.png
    GSUuQWU.png
    KSNf2G8.png

ZvvxWIF.png
    gKeVlOJ.png
    gkuwYBc.png

mYIQ2vS.png
    0zdfSDS.png
    nXYc9Ck.png

qyOKRDB.png
    3igPujx.png
    thl8A1l.png

8DPvWpU.png
    6jjgKHu.png
    6C2mvHY.png

fWILOPj.png
    gXEj2mi.png
    XeCZKdS.png

CRr6BZ6.png
    K7D6m3Q.png

1AHiT3s.png
    ZSG9ZK7.png

Anime Overworld Sprites
    EyGXgC2.png
    ZeitND6.png
    jgHw5ns.png

6HIHHAj.png
    QaQmeHR.png
    NLEF1C1.png

0TjmBqi.png
    Ecd8VYK.png
    S7jy03Q.png

LJRdT9D.png
    qM5JIM4.png
    4itzdw4.png

Qr5o5fH.png
    pKcy8lP.png
    vVAXWCc.png

8u0hbWD.png
    lppbEMy.png
    wI4SDCF.png

hVJX4cW.png
    9JNzNmV.png
    vL7nU1v.png

GFd7pTy.png
    5l3pA1S.png
    FYxMDsa.png

NURyVha.png
    3f2CUCz.png
    J8rZ5lX.png

vRBrVea.png
    yu2mGVH.png
    kZri6eC.png

DHeYBa8.png
    X0vqNGe.png
    ql08fql.png

8dGjFN4.png
    2DQ0vsC.png
    c231fkG.png

u6cssHc.png
    Tp4YsLY.png
    qdxKz8y.png

ZTJiJRf.png
    VGk997Q.png
    3h0SdJd.png

PlYDQL5.png
    APLFXb1.png
    6F0xQ4W.png

xNx4IE9.png
    CTsBwXd.png
    eJD1LcB.png

Jqhn6lP.png
    cil1d7g.png
    JYe2XaB.png

HzZNYUC.png
    XXIy293.png
    YXte1EN.png

oVTuNkb.png
    xfWX6nJ.png
    hkaudmF.png

V514duY.png
    mhZqBgk.png
    L7VAbq3.png

cIdaaiF.png
    war66ya.png
    jIRUMgP.png

xFTQS4M.png
    Dp1n3Sg.png
    Pi3fDpA.png

cxuUTih.png
    22TRlHN.png
    Z5SRVpl.png

Credit
    Avatar: Psychic (Male), Rich Boy, Cue Ball (Dismounted)
    Aveontrainer: Lass, a lot of bases for Emerald's Overworld Sprites
    Daman: Professor Ivy, Professor Ivy's Assistant
    Kalarie: Aroma Lady, Blackbelt, Burglar, Crush Girl, Dragon Tamer, Engineer, Juggler, Lady, Pokemon Breeder, Psychic (Female), Rocker, Tamer, Twin, Young Couple, All Anime Sprites
    MrDollSteak: Cue Ball, Cue Ball (Dismounted), Painter, PokéManiac, Pokémon Ranger (Male), Pokémon Ranger (Female)
    Pokesho: Various First Frames of Anime Overworld Sprites
    Spherical Ice: Biker (Dismounted), Bird Keeper, Expert (Male), Expert (Female), Kindler, Ruin Maniac

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    @Delta
    Nice! I guess that would be a good idea to merge them together instead of making seperate threads;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Bumping this thread because I just added a few Accurate Fire Red Overworlds that have been edited to align the sidesprite with its front sprite (Tamer, Juggler and Rocker). In other news: All overworld sprites that were on my list are completed! Only a number of Emerald sprites are not completed yet, but I think I'll leave that for someone else.

Years
  • Let's bump it again. I made some minor tweaks to the male psychic OW, and I redid the female.

The palette should be the same as before, in both images.
    09lFwaq.png

skEyVp3.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Like what you did to the female's hair;)
    I'll add them to the thread, thanks!

Years
  • I made a new Cue Ball, one that should be closer to what the actual trainer sprite looks like. It's based on the Procyon/Deneb OW sprite.
    I also found an old Rich Boy OW that I made, and retouched to where I felt satisfied with it. Both sheets should be properly indexed, though I suggest you double check before using either of these.

DW8RMMG.png

ChcvjIE.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    @Avatar Nice! I'm not 100% sure about the Cue Ball, since it's looking more 'fat' than 'badass' if you get what I mean. I'll start a poll to let people vote which one is better I think;)

The Rich Boy is excellent;) I'll add it to the thread.

Last edited:

bluhacks263

"My first hack I'm making, a remake of Yellow on F
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    Any plans on doing Red, Blue, Oak and Leaf?

Years
    • Seen today
    @bluhacks263

I actually made an edited Professor Oak Sprite, I'll add it to the thread. Not planning to make those others you mention, they're also not from the Original Anime (With Ash and such).

Years
    • Seen today
    Added a few new Anime Overworld Sprites to the thread. Also decided to include both Avatar's as Mr. Dollsteak's Cue Ball Overworld Sprites in the thread, since there was no clear winner in the poll:)

Years
    • Seen today
    @TypicalJalapeno

I'm quite busy at the moment, but I could do that. But is it so much work to just hit save picture a few times?

Last edited:

Chdonga

Pixel Artist/Spriter
    Years
  • @TypicalJalapeno

I'm quite busy at the moment, but I could do that. But is it so much work to just hit save picture a few times?

Those are ten minutes I'll never get back, so make sure to credit me for painstakingly dragging all those sprites into a zip file.

Attachments

• FireRed Accurate Overworld Sprites.zip
      67.5 KB · Views: 184

etique

etique
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    incredible, I really like the style and the generation ow frlg, I liked to think about the anime characters, I just felt like "AJ" and "duplicates"

Years
    • Seen today
    @etique

Call it a coincidence, but I actually made A.J. and Duplica (if that's what you mean with duplicates) already. I'll add them to the thread;)

Back