• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] fire red roaming legendary dogs

Years
    is there any script or hex code or tool available so that I could edit the roaming legendary pokemon or hack that event in firered. also
    can we make all 3 dogs to roam in kanto on selecting any starter

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    The roamer in FR is released into the world by special 0x129, at x141D9C.

Its species is chosen from the bytes at x141caa, x141cb4, or x141cb8 (xF3, xF4, xF5 respectively) based on your starter choice (var x4013).

Its level is dependent on the bytes at x141cc8 and x141cdc. I advise changing both to the same value; if only the former is changed it gets generated as a level 50 mon with incorrect HP.

The ability to track the roamer in the dex is specific to Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. There is a table at x4642F4 that maps values of var x4013 to dex entries that should instead check the roamer. To make the dex acknowledge one roamer and disregard starter choice, change the first value in the table to your roamer's ID, and put four 00s at x13cb80.

If I want the event to never happen, do I open a hex editor and go to the offset at 141D9C and change the value 81 (which I'm assuming is flag 0x129) to 00?

Last edited:
    Years
    If I want the event to never happen, do I open a hex editor and go to the offset at 141D9C and change the value 81 (which I'm assuming is flag 0x129) to 00?
    No. By doing that you'll have just made it special 0x0, which is just a different special. I think that heals your Pokémon actually, but don't quote me on that. To remove the script, just delete the events with A-Map.

~EDIT~ After checking there, there's already a 00 there. So I'm not sure where you're getting the 81 from? And besides, I also realized after I posted that the 0x means it's already in hex, which means it would look like 29 01 anyway. And I'm fairly sure after reading his post that flags aren't really involved.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    No. By doing that you'll have just made it special 0x0, which is just a different special. I think that heals your Pokémon actually, but don't quote me on that. To remove the script, just delete the events with A-Map.

~EDIT~ After checking there, there's already a 00 there. So I'm not sure where you're getting the 81 from? And besides, I also realized after I posted that the 0x means it's already in hex, which means it would look like 29 01 anyway. And I'm fairly sure after reading his post that flags aren't really involved.

thanks for the response. I'm still new to hacking/editing in general, so I couldn't tell when it uses hex or dec. Therefore I got the 81 by converting 129 using a dec to hex converter lol.. How would I be able to delete the event with A-map? I only know how to edit scripts through A-map by clicking on an overworld sprite and pressing 'open script'. But since there's no overworld sprite for that event...

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    So the script that releases the Dogs into Kanto is actually a small section of Celio's script in the PC on One Island, located at 0x170EC5. The specific part of the script that this happens in is located at 0x0x170FA5.

Now, if you want to remove the part that causes roaming specifically, but maintains all other functionality, you can go to 0x171035 and replace the 25 29 01 there with 00 00 00. This just replaces the special command there with three nop commands (which do nothing).

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    Now, if you want to remove the part that causes roaming specifically, but maintains all other functionality, you can go to 0x171035 and replace the 25 29 01 there with 00 00 00. This just replaces the special command there with three nop commands (which do nothing).

I'll try this out, thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2017
    So all the link says is that they've found the data string that affects the roaming dog event, but doesn't say anything towards how to make it so that all three dogs are released. Does that info actually exist anywhere?

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2022
    What do i change and with what i cant find that script Celio has script number $170F3D so do i need XSE editor or hex editor and what do i edit in script?

Back