• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
  • Your Name: Just call me... Tommy Joey.

Your Partner Pokémon: Flareon.

Why You Like Fire-Types: Fire-type Pokemon have a certain... Mystery to them. They are strong, but they are loyal. I've always really liked them.

Anything Else: For the answer to Which Generation had best Fire- I don't know that I can answer that. It's always been a close thing to me, and I'm not sure that I can pick just one generation.

For the answer to what pokemon really makes me appreciate Fire-Types:

Flareon, or Ninetales. Both have a certain unique quality to them, and that's what actually made me fall in love with them in the first place. I'm not shy to admit it... I have at least two or three teams of both.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Name: Mark
    Your Partner Pokémon: Heatran, :3
    Why You Like Fire-Types: Some fire types are cute! However most of them have got a good attack stat, and I love the designs!
    Anything Else: Heatran is my fav Fire Type. :P;

Last edited:
    Years
  • Your Name: Hikari10
    Your Partner Pokemon: Chimchar
    Why You Like Fire Types: Fire-type Pokemon have very diverse movepools with most able to use SolarBeam. Also, Fire Pokemon are great physical sweepers and some of my fave Pokemon are of the Fire-type; Chimchar line, Cyndaquil line, Tepig line, Litwick line, Reshiram.
    Anything Else: Since Pearl, I now tend to use a Fire-type on my main teams to remind me of Ash in the anime. I chose Cyndaquil in SoulSilver as a homage to Dawn's Cyndaquil from the anime.

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    Name: Blazing Flare

Partner: Blaziken

Why Fire:
    Well for one, out of the elements of nature I think fire is the coolest,
    and that was translated well to the pokemon universe, in my opinion; a lot of the designs and moves (even the animations)
    are a well made blend of cool and powerful, and that sits well with me.

Anything Else:
    Certainly, fire types have very basic weaknesses to consider, but that, in ways, is a good thing, if weaknesses are
    well defined, they can be counteracted, and fire types are versatile enough to dish out high damage and finish the job in a variety of scenarios.

Generation with Best Fire Types: Despite liking Blaziken, Hoenn has a very bad selection of fire types in my opinion.
    I could never get to like Torkoal (although its mighty, I'll admit), Camerupt (looks silly, the circles make it look like a bus),
    and Macargo (again, doesn't have the badass / cool look fire types usually carry.

So I'll wager that the best selection for fire types is probably in gens I and II,
    discounting starters (they were always awesome to me).

Which PkMn makes me Appreciate Fire Types:

I think again, the answer is Blaziken here.Granted, Charizard is a cool dragon
    and Typlosion is a super aggro wolverine ready for action, but, dunno, fire-fighting just sounds right as a dual type,
    and the only other that gets closer to Blaziken in coolness is Infernape (sorry Emboar, you're cool, but not as much!, still like ya though).
    As a final note, I like Flareon, Rapidash and Ninetales too of course, even if they tend a little to the cute side, they aren't sicknengly so
    like Blissey and the like.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I can't speak for anyone else but I was preoccupied with other things. You don't get anything for just joining and posting once, guys! >__>

I managed to get the big list updated with all new people in. :3 We do need something to talk about though! Hmm... what was the last fire-type you caught? /lametopicislameohwell

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Oh..so we can starts topic too xP If I knew that before.......

Anyway...the last fire type I caught....I think it is Ninetales and it is my first time to do so. I need his drought for my Fire Team :cool:

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    I don't recall to be honest, I believe it was a Ponyta.
    That said, a topic did occur to me - so I hope I'm not stealing your thunder, The Smart One, but I'll jot it down before I forget haha.

Excluding pure types, what would the fire dual type you guys are most likely to use and why? (they can be types that don't exist either, just asking for the sake of curiosity).

Personally, I really like Fire/Fighting even though its been overdone, just think it fits well with the tone of fire types.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • I want to sign up...

Your Name: justinrpg
    Your Partner Pokémon: Reshiram
    Why You Like Fire-Types: Fire type Pokemon are awesome looking (and I'm married to one)
    Anything Else: I travel by a Fire Type

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I don't recall to be honest, I believe it was a Ponyta.
    That said, a topic did occur to me - so I hope I'm not stealing your thunder, The Smart One, but I'll jot it down before I forget haha.

Excluding pure types, what would the fire dual type you guys are most likely to use and why? (they can be types that don't exist either, just asking for the sake of curiosity).
    pshh, no worries. lame topic was lame.

Fire-fighting usually, mainly because it is so common. But I like dark-fire & fire-ground too. <3

GGJ

Roaming & Learning
    Years
  • Your Name: GGJ
    Your Partner Pokémon: Chandelure
    Why do you like Fire Types : They make amazing sweepers
    Anything Else: Go fire types I spose

Best Fire Gen :I say Hoenne since it introduced a whole lot of new type combinations for fire such as Blaziken and Camerupt

What made me appreciate fire :Chandelure

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    Your Name: GGJ
    Your Partner Pokémon: Chandelure
    Why do you like Fire Types : They make amazing sweepers
    Anything Else: Go fire types I spose

Best Fire Gen :I say Hoenne since it introduced a whole lot of new type combinations for fire such as Blaziken and Camerupt

What made me appreciate fire :Chandelure

Hey that's pretty interesting, Chandelure is pretty novel when it comes to fire dual-typing so I imagine there can be some interesting strategies centered around it, and I agree with you, fires sweep well.

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
    Years
  • Excluding pure types, what would the fire dual type you guys are most likely to use and why? (they can be types that don't exist either, just asking for the sake of curiosity).

Personally, I really like Fire/Fighting even though its been overdone, just think it fits well with the tone of fire types.

Fire/Steel is a pretty broken type combo. But I dont like using pseudo-legendaries.

I dont play Gen 5 but is Fire/Dragon a good combo? Thematically it seems made for each other!

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
  • Im joining the best type in the world
    Your Name:Lezza
    Your Partner Pokémon:Chandelure
    Why You Like Fire-Types:Chandelure was my first pokemon to get to lv. 100 and my first pokemon ever was a fire type(Infernape)
    Anything Else:Fire types are cool(Wait.. hot)
    The best fire type is darmanitan(IMO)
    The best fire starter: Its a tie between Infernape and Typhlosion

Taposa

;)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    Partner Pokémon - Moltra (Moltres)
    Why you like Fire-type? - They are AWESOME!!!
    Anything eles - Hi! Can it be shiny?

Years
  • your name: argith
    your partner pokemon: Volcarona
    why you like fire types: fire can destory entire country sides or clear the country side for more productive life. fire is energy and as such fire types provide energy for your team.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hiii, I'd like to join!

Your Name: AlexOzzyCake
    Your Partner Pokémon: Rotom-H (or Cyndaquil if we're talking Gen IV ^^)
    Why You Like Fire-Types: They're so hot! It's a very interesting type to work with, plus most of them are cute as something cute! Their typing offers some good defenses and relatively good strengths to play around with, without leaving too many weaknesses. The only problem is that these weaknesses, although few, are very common types such as water and ground. D:
    Anything Else: I admire the way that Pokemon caped in fire (such as Quilava and Rapidash) are able to make their flames harmless to the people they trust, allowing for hugs and cuddles! <3

DaBomb137

I like cheese
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 8, 2014
    Your Name: Josh
    Your Partner Pokémon: Growlithe
    Why You Like Fire-Types: I've always had a soft spot for fire-types, not to mention I'm a pyromaniac
    Anything Else: When I'm in a tough situation, I can always count on my fire-type to bail me out. I wish I had a dollar for every time my Typhlosion saved my butt against Lance in Silver and HG

Which Gen had the best fire-types?
    Prolly Generation I. You had Charmander and its evos, Growlithe and Arcanine, and Magmar, among others

Popsicle

~Dancing Crazy~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2012
    Your Name: Popsicle
    Your Partner Pokémon: Flareon
    Why You Like Fire-Types: Probably because my favorite Pokemon Flareon is a Fire type.
    Anything Else: I <3 Flareon! :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back