• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed +40 OW sprite patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    I sure am. I replaced the .ini and everything, and it's just not working... I'll try once more.

EDIT: I grabbed an older version of OW Editor and it worked! THANKS! <3

Last edited:

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    The .ini you had didn't work with the newest one... it wasn't in its format. I've edited the .ini so that it will work with the newest OW Editor... WARNING: It *ONLY* works with Fire Red for SURE.

[If for some reason you can't download, you have to open the ORIGINAL Overworld Editor RE .ini...]

When you get to the Fire Red part, change it so it looks like THIS:
    Name = Pokémon Fire Red (English)
    SpriteBank = &H800000
    SpritePaletteHeaders = &H3A5158
    SpriteCount = 193

And it will work. See, your .ini worked with the old OW Editor because the different OW Editor versions have a different format that the .ini files are written in... if it's not in the same order and doesn't have the same things, I suppose it doesn't work.

I'm glad I might be able to help anyone who has this problem! ^^

Um. Well, I did that and it lets you view the first frame of the sprites... go further than the first frame and it crashes OW Editor.

I half fixed it. :]

Metallimaniac

needs help with his hack!!!
    Years
  • so thats the .ini for RE? mind if i add it to the .zip file and give you credit in the readme?

EDIT: hmm, ive changed the sprites.ini file for my OWeditorRE and it dusnt wanna work for me. I think ppl should stick to the older version if they want to use this.
    Im not a fan of RE anyway...lol

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    This is awesome, Ive wanted to do this for so long but it never worked out. Thank you!
    It'd be even better if you could expand the pallets too!

Years
  • Just to let you all know if you use RE version of owe you will only be able to edit the first frame of each sprite, so I advise using the older version.

Metallimaniac

Years
  • @Kesko1101: I don't know why sprites come out glitchy. To be honest, i havent truely tested it yet. I found that some of the sprites look a bit transparent when you put them in advancemap, but i'll be working on that soon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    This is going to be useful for some hackers. But not to me. I dont like using many o/ws. XD

Good job though.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    ive tryed it but it still wont work :( could you make a zip with all the new sprites indexed? instead of the patch just the file with al the pictures indexed? PLLZZZZZ (pm me if you will or reply to this message)

Metallimaniac

Years
  • ive tryed it but it still wont work :( could you make a zip with all the new sprites indexed? instead of the patch just the file with al the pictures indexed? PLLZZZZZ (pm me if you will or reply to this message)

What do you mean? I just put the space there for more OWs. The best I could do is just put pre-existing ones in it's place. But then you'd probably still have problems if you were to change the sprites after that.
    Also, you'd have to change the palettes etc, so you'd still have ur indexing problems cus ur sprites could have been made for a different palette

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    i canget this to work even eith the original OWE. i replaced the ini file still....

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Frick, I don't have a clean ROM. (I mean, I DO, but I'm not doing my hack on a clean ROM. It probably won't work for me...

Oh well. I'll try it anyway, see what happens... Thanks for making this, in any case.

EDIT:
    ... Miraculously, after patching, there don't seem to be any problems. For some reason, in OWE, all the sprites that I'd changed the palettes of reverted back to their original palettes, but I fixed that and otherwise there's no apparent damage. Awesome.

Thank you SO much for this patch, I've been searching forever for a way to get more OWs into the game without having to mess around with hex!

Last edited:

Metallimaniac

Years
  • @mervyn: dunno why you can't get it working...you sure you're patching it correctly?
    works fine for me when i patch it. you doing it to FireRed, yeah?

@ckret and everyone else: Yeah, this CAN work on hacked roms too, but probably only ones tht haven't had much hacking done to them. I started editing the rom around the $800000 offset (if i remember correctly). So all your scripts etc before this offset (and after the end of the hex editing offset) should be fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back