• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed +40 OW sprite patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
  • Okay, I want to know, did you actually test to see if the new OWs appeared in game? Because unless HackMew was wrong, you can't make the display right just by repointing tables becuase the OWs after 152 are special sprites which are set by variables.

This means unless you used ASM, this patch won't work. It'll add new OWs but they won't display in game.

Metallimaniac

needs help with his hack!!!
    Years
  • Okay, I want to know, did you actually test to see if the new OWs appeared in game? Because unless HackMew was wrong, you can't make the display right just by repointing tables becuase the OWs after 152 are special sprites which are set by variables.

This means unless you used ASM, this patch won't work. It'll add new OWs but they won't display in game.

Well I got it working in Advance Map
    the palettes were a lil weird, but i'm sure tht can be fixed with simple palette editing.

I'll try get some images up sometime of it in Advance Map

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Well I got it working in Advance Map
    the palettes were a lil weird, but i'm sure tht can be fixed with simple palette editing.

I'll try get some images up sometime of it in Advance Map

It'll show in advance map but no in game. Try it and you'll see.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2016
    hm, I've patched the IPS file on my hack, but only A-Map can find the new OW's. OverWorld Editor (and Rebirth Edition) can't find them D=

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back