• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Firered/Leafgreen has killed Red/Blue and Heartgold/Soulsilver killed Gold/Silver

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    How did FR/LG and HG/SS kill the originals? o__o They're just remakes, they're not supposed to be amazing. And in my opinion, they exceeded my expectations. ESPECIALLY HG/SS. Sure, they're not near as good as the originals, but they're better than they could be.

Years
    In my honest opinion, nothing will ever beat the nostalgic feelings R/B/Y or G/S/C will ever give me. I mean, I loved the games for their awesome game play, and also the blocky graphics and bloopy music. I have the OST's on my iPod! In all seriousness, if I didn't adore the ability of online game play, I would probably stick with the original GB and GBC games. Don't et me wrong, I loved the remakes because they were like expansions of the originals fit for more modern day gaming, but man, nothing beats the memories of opening up that blue, thin cardboard box with a Blastoise on it, being an eager 6 year old, popping it into my ice blue gameboy pocket, and starting an adventure that I had no idea would forever be held in my mind and change my life forever.

Last edited:

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Even though I was born AFTER Red and Blue, I got it first. (I never noticed I played obtained the game in order.) I loved it. (My 5 year old brain got lost in Cerulean cave) I still like the old games and love the music. But still. There are so much stuff in HGSS and FRLG. Such as graphics. Wifi, for HGSS. But I still wish my battery for gold work. It might still but the last time I tried to play it. Save file POOF.

Years
    I think threads like this killed G/S/C and R/B/Y. When will people learn and realize that things change?

Nostalgia is overrated. The past is the past, and nothing could change it.

Really, man, I can't stand elitism. Shut up and enjoy the game. Fandom is such a fickle thing.

Ecstatic

Chilling out.
    Years
    I fail to see how both of the remakes killed these games, sure, they aren't sold in stores, but the nostalgia will always stick with most people in this forum, because most people in this forum grew up with Generation I And II. So, in my honest opionion, I won't agree, and will never agree, with your statement, but thank you for putting up this discussion.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    FR/LG did the originals no justice. I'm honestly not a fan of the R/S/E graphics anyway.
    However, the HG/SS remakes I thought were better than FR/LG.
    I kinda wish they did the R/B remakes in the 3D graphics, like HG/SS.

And nostalgia comes in to play. lol.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I remember Pokemon Red and Blue very well. I stopped playing it when Firered/Leafgreen come out :)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    What? WHAT? So you're saying that FR/LG killed RBHGSS? Are you serious? Heh sorry bud, but there would be no Heartgold or Soulsilver (which are sequals to FR/LG) without FR/LG. Besides I didnt like the originals after I got Leafgreen. Yellow got on my nerves, and Blue was ugh. If you want to deny everything that the 3rd generation games; Firered and Leafgreen, did for Heartgold and Soulsilver (and future games), then you have to rethink your logic.

Back