• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed update

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
  • Been playing through me old FR recently.

Started off with Bulbasaur, caught a Pidgey on Route 1. First Gym was a joke. Brock's Pokemon went down in one hit each. Caught a Zubat in Mt Moon, Ivysaur pwned Misty with no trouble. Pretty darn cruisy. Caught a Dugtrio to help beat Surge, but, um, Ivysaur swept that one too. :/ Grabbed the Eevee in Celadon and evolved it immediately into Vaporeon. Most useful, especially with Water Pulse. Erika was a pushover with Golbat. Didn't even need Pidgeotto.

So I'm currently in Silph Co, and I just realised I'm gonna be so underleveled against Gary and Giovanni, so I'm training against the Grunts everywheere.

Current team, therefore, stands thus:

pkfrlg051.png
    Aeris the lv 33 Dugtrio (FNT)
    pkfrlg003.png
    Citrinin the lv 32 Venusaur (FNT)
    pkfrlg017.png
    Euphie the lv 34 Pidgeotto
    pkfrlg134.png
    Vui the lv 33 Vaporeon
    pkfrlg042.png
    Shinji the lv 33 Golbat

I need one more party member, preferably something with an advantage over Flying. All these Zubat are pissing me off. :/

Hey, I can get Crobat in FR, right? >_>

K, it seems I can, but . . . not? I keep getting the 'Huh? Shinji is evolving!' screen, but then it stops and goes '...?!'

I guess it needs to be just a little happier or something? idk, weird.

NU EDIT: K thx Asty. So now, wandering around Saffron, rival Darren and Boss Giovanni vanquished without too much trouble.

Team is:

Spoiler:

Um . . . go team?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    You need to get the National Pokédex before you can get the other Pokémon from the other games. Right now, with the exception of trading, you can only get the original 150 Pokémon.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Aw, so that's why it keeps doing that. That's evil. D: What are the requirements for National Dex again? E4 and 60 pokes caught or something stupid?

Back