• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First image of Ben Affleck as Batman released

Years
  • Slate said:
    BROW BEAT
    SLATE'S CULTURE BLOG
    MAY 13 2014 1:24 PM
    Here's What Ben Affleck Will Look Like as Batman
    By Dee Lockett

Here's the first look at Ben Affleck as Batman.
    Image via Zack Snyder

We've known since last summer that Ben Affleck will star as Batman in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel sequel, Batman Vs. Superman, slated for 2016. There have been plenty of fan-made predictions for how it'll turn out, but today Synder has given us the first look at Affleck's Batman and his Batmobile.

Much like Snyder's version of Superman, Affleck appears particularly muscular, even for a movie superhero, in the black-and-white photo, his veins and six-pack bulging through the Frank Miller-esque suit. (Note the short, cat-like ears). Maybe next we'll see a bald-headed Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. Hope so.

First image of Ben Affleck as Batman released

Thoughts or impressions on the suit or the new batmobile? Love it? Hate it? How will this incarnation of Batman compare with the Nolan Batman? Do you want to see Man of Steel 2?

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Not interested in the slightest. I'm a huge batman fan so seeing someone else playing Batman doesn't really bother me having seen/heard x amount of people do it in films and cartoons over the years. I don't know what it is, but I have zero interest in Superman whatsoever so this film piques zero interest in me. Very surprised to see them go for an all-black suit though.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • His torso is so stout.

That looks absolutely awful. I'm sorry, but I feel that Affleck was poorly cast, at least appearance-wise. I have no opinion on his acting, but everything else... I don't think it works. But I will make an effort to see the movie before I judge it too harshly.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • wow I don't see how people are making a big deal about this appearance-wise, if anything I have more of an issue with how he acts haha

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • His appearance does kinda remind me of his appearance in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, so I can live with that. The image itself has turned into a meme, and the user comments on that page regarding the image seem fairly positive as oppose to our first two negative responses here in this thread.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Well, I'm going to reserve judgment on Affleck's casting until I watch the movie. Because, seriously, he *could* surprise us all.

I like the suit BTW. Not a fan of grey in Batman, always preferred all-black.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I still don't understand why so many people are upset about Affleck being casted as Batman really. Is he that horrible of an actor or what is it? I think he looks great in the suit. I prefer the suit Christian Bale had, but this one is more traditional looking so that's good. I'm not gonna judge how good he does as Batman until I see the movie though.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • That's one depressed looking Batman. The Batmobile looks like a Crush Gear to me though. I've never really watched any DC movie so far so I can't really judge.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • Nope. The image looks amazing but with everything if been looking up and hearing about this movie I have no hope for it. I remember when Affleck played Daredevil I actually own that movie (Comic Fan and also step-father bought it) and its not his best work maybe it was the writing or maybe it was him idk. But because of that I really don't like the idea of him playing my favorite superhero. Hopefully he's proves me wrong. I'm only going to see it because I'm a DC fan & a comic fan.

PS. I really don't like the fact that Jesse Eisenberg is playing Lex Luthor.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • That's one depressed looking Batman. The Batmobile looks like a Crush Gear to me though. I've never really watched any DC movie so far so I can't really judge.

You should watch the Nolan trilogy. It ♥♥♥♥s all over anything Marvel has ever put out (yes, including Avengers).

If you're speaking of the new universe, though, there's only one to watch so far: Man of Steel. And it was nice.

Jesse Eisenberg would be ok as Lex in Smallville not BvS. He looks too young. I like the casting choice but they should make him wear makeup to look older or else Henry will look older than him for sure.

Years
  • Looks like a hot Batmobile to LEGO around.

If plasbad, minifig Affleck gets tied to firewood and backyard bonfired.

Years
  • Personally, Nolan's Batman is the definitive batman for me. I think Affleck will do great, but I'm not really feeling the short ears, haha. I'm sure some other pics that have better lighting will showcase more of the suit.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • At first I thought he was tubby...but more I looked at him, more I asked myself...what did they feed Affleck to get him that built!

And honestly I actually love it. The Batmobile looks like the splice of the Tim Burtons Batmobile and Nolans Tumbler. While the suit looks like a splice of Frank Millers Batman and The New 52 Batman. (And yes Frank Millers Batman had tiny ears)

Acting wise...people dislike it Affleck cause of Daredevil. But people need to remember that we haven't seen him perform yet, in both batsuit and suit & tie. And I'm fine with him being Bruce. After watching Argo, The Town, and Hollywood Land. Changed my opinion a lot.

Personally, Affleck, Eisenberg and Gadot (I have full confidence that Ray Fisher, the man who's going to play Victor Stone/Cyborg has acting talent) fell into the category of the same category that Ledger and Hathaway fell into of the 'Terrible casting call'. And those two did literally surprising well.

Well it's DC/WB their castings were oddly good.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I really didn't think it was that bad, like at all, I mean sure it came as a bit of a shock but I didn't think it could be that bad in the end, so I could have cared more about it, but I think the movie itself was pretty okay already. The only thing that confused me more than then casting Affleck was when the internet started acting like it was the end of the world since 2012. Really now internet, calm your sh**.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nah... I liked Nolan's Batman movies. The Dark Knight is one of my overall fav movies actually. Not sure I'll like this merge with Man of Steel, which was an incredibly over-epicfied movie in my eyes. The twinkle in the eye that the old Superman movies had was all gone and it was all "this can actually be realistic" and big explosions and urrgh. Too much. Maybe I'll watch this movie but not in cinema :/

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The picture is cool from an artistic perspective, and if you wanna get technical, we've come a long way from some of the older Batman films. However, I've definitely seen better Batman portrayals before. He's almost as muscular as a DBZ character, and the veins are unnecessary. :/

I don't care much for Superman, sooo I wasn't really planning on seeing this.

Maybe.

Years
  • I'm not too worried about the look of this Batman as I am with Snyder's ability to make a coherent movie. Man of Steel was kind of a hot mess from a narrative perspective. I mean, yeah, he's kind of muscular and chunky looking, but if that suits the kind of movie this is going to be then, sure, why not go with that look? At least it's not a carbon copy of the Nolan Batman look. That'd just be cheap.

Back