• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen First Impressions [ #23 ]

What was your first impression of Black and White?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm impressed. I've cloaked 30 hours into a space of 4 days, with 2 of them being school days. Everything from the more smoother interface and the more challenging EXP system. Blows every other gen (Except for Gen III) out of the water.

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I've gotten my 3rd Badge, and even though I've gotten that far like, 3 times before, I still found myself excited about what would happen next! I also like the occasional comedy that I've seen throughout the game.
    "Ouch, my legs are sore from walking so much. Um... you don't have to look."
    lol.

The person who said, "Eh, I've played better games", better have misclicked or been joking.
    jk, but still, I don't know who could actually dislike this game. Unless they hate pokemon in general, in which case they need to get off of this thread. lol jk.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I have to admit, when I first started I felt the beginning of the game was moving just a tad slow for me. Once I got started on my journey though, I couldn't find the right moment to put my DSi down. I just wanted to keep playing, and as far as I am right now, I'm still pretty hooked.

Keeping myself away from all of the major game spoilers beforehand has definitely made me enjoy the game a lot more. Down side, I don't know as much about the games compared to others, and I'm still learning the names of Pokémon, places, and people. So long as I'm enjoying the game though, then that's all that really matters to me.

Now, please excuse me while I go play some more. n__n;

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • It's alright so far. It's taking a while for me to get used to the graphics; it's such a drastic change that I think it's hurting my eyes. ):
    And grinding is a pain, like always. I can't wait to get that lucky egg from the Professor in a city or two. =/

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • Just got my copy of Pokemon Black yesterday. I've only played for about an hour today, buuuttttt I'm pretty sure I'll be addicted by the end of the day. ^__^

I'm also already really fond of it because it's honestly the only Pokemon game I've ever gotten to buy this soon after it's release. Before, I either didn't have the money for the games or didn't even have the correct platform.

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    When they first announced Black and White, I was a bit iffy. I thought that the games were as good as they could get, and wasn't sure that Black and White would do the series justice. But I was proven wrong, as always! Black and White were far better than I had thought they'd be, and they really shocked me. Right now, i'm hooked on this gen, and don't think i'll lose interest anytime soon. :)

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
  • I really like it, my only complaint is that early on(I dont know for how long) you see the elemental monekies WAY TOO MUCH....

Years
  • Playing Black, myself. I'm so hooked! The graphics are pretty sweet, for Pokemon. I love the 3D effect, makes things a lot more interesting. I ALWAYS WONDERED WHY THERE WERE NEVER DOORS IN THE SIDE OF BUILDINGS, ONLY AT THE FRONT. APPARENTLY THERE WERE. >:I

Years
  • After playing it illegally, it feels refreshing to play it without a computer and it sounds right.

So, I'll say that I am deeply satisfied on all of Gamefreak's hard work. Thanks, GF.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • O.M.G best game ever....

I dont even know why I am so hooked... The graphics are greatly improved and even though I know all the spoilers 'cept for the cities, it exceeded my expectations. I love it so much... The battle scenes are amazing, the cities are so big and I love Plasma already. I think it improved of HG/SS a lot and I cannot wait for the third game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Because the other two Aussies did.

I'm addicted tbh. Training is fun and exciting for once, the scenes are amazing, storyline is really interesting so far. It just looks so advanced from other games and well, only the professor and some music change reminds me that it's Pokemon. XD But yeah so far White is looking like the best game of all. :D

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Because the other two Aussies did.

I'm addicted tbh. Training is fun and exciting for once, the scenes are amazing, storyline is really interesting so far. It just looks so advanced from other games and well, only the professor and some music change reminds me that it's Pokemon. XD But yeah so far White is looking like the best game of all. :D

Oh I know... I am actually liking training pokemon this time round XD I hink if I go to play Platinum after this it will look weird, like FR/LG did afetr the DS games were made. The graphics looks much more advanced and the camera angles are pro.

Even the noise the game makes when you click a move is nice to listen too XD And I like how the HP Bar goes a grey for a second then goes down, nice effect. And can I just say that Munna is the most adorable pokemon ever with its little chubby legs moving in the air <33333333333333 I felt sooo sad when the Plasma people started kicking it ;___;;; I look forward to owning Plasma

Shattered_Soul

Just Because :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Hands down the best generation since ruby saphire and emerald.
    The small things they've put in made the game so much better. Like your room getting all messed up in the beginning, or N's room in the plasma tower.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • It seems so much better than Diamond and Pearl. So 3D... The music is so awesome...and...the gyms are epic!
    And it got a perfect 10 score!

Back