• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters
Years
  • I was one of the many kids who first started playing Pokemon with Red and Blue. I got both games for my birthday in June 1998. I played Red throughout my entire summer vacation and played more when I was a Junior in high school.

Oddly enough, there were a few others who played the games at my school also.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Actually I don't really know what my first game was. It's either Red or Gold. At first I didn't really know how to play it but when Ruby came out I started to get better at it. I started making teams instead of using one pokemon..

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    It took me two years to get passed Morty's Gym. Those Darn Spaces!

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    my first one was when i was 4, pokemon collusiam, i was so addicted, my parnts put it on a top shelf where i coudlnt reach :X

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • The first one I played was Red. :] My sister volunteered in the office in Middle school. (for extra credit or something) And, every now and then they were allowed to pick one thing for the Lost and Found box that no one had claimed in I think it was... 3 months?... yeah, 3 months. Well, my sister got lucky and found a Gameboy Color in the box and snatched it up. Red version was in the game. She let me play it because she knew how much I liked Pokemon. After a while, she gave it to me. And, the obsession began. :]

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    You extremely lucky one, I played the one I shared with my friend. But now I've got it one the DS using a program called lameboy.I want a gbc of my own

Years
  • Pokemon Blue Version.

Received as a late birthday present with my first ever Game Boy: that Berry Game Boy Color.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Pokémon Red. :D My friend and this guy I used to bother in my grade 4 class both had it so I wanted it too. Nevermind that if I were a smart kid, I'd have gotten Blue so that we could trade exclusives haha.

It was actually my first video game ever.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    The first game i played was gold when i was 5. i got it from my uncle for christmas. LOL it took me about 6 months to figure out how to save the game.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    My first game was Ruby Version. I don't remember why I actually got it though =/
    I think it was because I kept on hearing people talk about the Johto pokemon games, so I just got the newest pokemon game that was out.

Back