• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
Years
  • Yellow and green. Had to have ROMs because we were too poor to afford a GAMEBOY. Then a miracle happened... some kid moved away and left his pink sparkly(I know?) game boy in the mud, in the ditch, on the side of the road between our houses. Then it got rained on. ... And then, it was mine....~ Actually it was a hand-me-down so I didn't officially own it until five years later. But the point is, I have a five-year old pink sparkly rained on gameboy and it still works so. >/

<333 Ahh.. Nostalgic Yellow.

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    The Game Boy Color Red version was the first one that I played. That was when I was in 6th grade and the latest game they had out as well. I'm old school yo!

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • Blue, when I was 3... It belonged to my sister, she had finished it, capture Mewtwo and trained her Pokemon to really high levels. Then her little sister comes along and restarts it without asking. =) At the time I wasn't very good at it. I restarted a million times, picking Squirtle each time, and only training my Squirtle, never catching any other Pokémon. I lost the game, but I still have the Game Boy. ^_^

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Originally, I first played the Blue Version all those years ago. XD

I hardly remember when or why I got the game to be honest. :\

Frob

Coolest kid on the block
    Years
  • i first played pokemon blue my highest was like a lvl 63 blastoise but then it like corrupted and graphics :disappoin they REALLY REALLY STINK

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • You missed out a few options in the poll.

The first ever Poke'mon game I played was Colloseum. I loved every moment playing it. ^^

Myuuuuuuuuuuuu

Not Mew! Simply MY and 12x U
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    My aunt gave me a present with
    a gameboy color and pokemon yellow
    when I was 4 or 5.
    I always wanted to have a mew since
    I heard from one.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • Pokemon Yellow. I got it a year ago from my cousin cuz she filled up all the boxes and got all her pokes to 100, so she saw NO purpose whatsoever in doing the game. So I restarted. Heck, I am playing it right now as I'm doing it now. ^.^ Even tho it was made in 1999 I think? It is still very fun. I love how every town changes to a different color. And you can talk to your Pikachu. (mine fainted so I cant talk to it right now) But normally, every time I talk to it, it jumps up and down 2 times then smiles. Guess it likes me!

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • I just found my Blue version copy and now I remember it wasnt yellow it was blue because I got blue like 5 years ago. I forgot I had it then tripped over it trying to get to my laptop. ^^" Well, now I know. But I cant change what I voted for.

Years
  • When I moved to a city from the countryside in second grade, I had no idea what Pokemon was. At recess, kids had cards, and figurines, and all kinds of pokemon merchandise. So I asked my neighbor about it, he was about 5 years older than me, and he gave me his old original gray gameboy with red, blue AND yellow. =]]]

I was terribly inexperienced with handheld games. The only other thing I played was Duck Hunt with my dad.
    I remember, I first played Blue, 'cause that was my favorite color of the three, and I thought I had made it far once I reached Viridian City. And when I found the secret potion to the west of the city, I thought that the branch was the potion, and I had no idea how to pick it up. x]]]

Boy I've come far from those days, bwahahaha.

Nashua

lovely, isn't she? :D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    I first got Red and Blue for Christmas back in 1999.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • I started about 10 years ago; a friend of mine had the Yellow version and I was always looking at how he played it whenever we were in school, or had some free time. He sometimes would let me borrow it. One of those times I kept it, was the last one because she had to move to another state, so he never said anything to me, and that's how I netted me a Yellow version, which was my first one...

Ah, the good days... xD

Back