• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: fite me irl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

Breaking Bad was ok but overrated imo. TWD is where it's at

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I wasn't feeling The Walking Dead too much this season. It got to the point where I just sort of dropped it and haven't gone back yet. Nothing was happening and it was basically misery just for the sake of misery. The show is definitely getting to the "we'll just continue it because it's popular" point.

You are coasting on my love of Power Rangers at this point.

I don't even know what this means. Though I'll probably blame the fact that it's almost 2 AM.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Oh, I'm not denying that I like Power Rangers by any means. I'm just a bigger fan of tokusatsu (nowhere else will you find Gen Urobuchi making fruit samurai grimdark) and whatnot - heck, it's thanks to that that I have a pretty awesome job now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I would just hope it doesn't impact the way the Japanese shows are made. I'm not really a fan of CGI, it gets in the way of practical effects and cool camera tricks that I love so much.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pretty much yeah. In the best of times it forces film makers to be creative and I find a certain charm with physical props that I don't get with CGI. (one of the reasons I didn't really like Pacific Rim, other than it being boring, was that it felt so cold)

Though, generally I'm in it for the story more than anything else.

Lucid

My childhood ^^^

How good was Pacific Rim tho? So goooood... Sequel plZ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    And this is still my adulthood.

I didn't like it. I know a lot of people were in love with it cause it was giant fighting robots, but they definitely spent more time on the visual aspect than working on a set of interesting characters. Like, I dunno, I didn't care about anyone in that movie.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Even Idris Elba's bamfness wasn't enough to save it. Though that guy seriously needs to be in bigger movie, he's awesome, he would have been a cool James Bond.

Lucid

Dude, If that one POed bitch or the wizRd of fucking Oz face don't pop out, slap my dick and call me Sally.

The movie will be a beautiful plane crash. I will see it in theaters.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Well, I mean, psyducking is pretty straight forward. But then again, context does make things boring.

But that's probably a tale for another day. It's nearly 4 AM and I can't believe I'm up so early late.

Years
    The main thing I enjoy about Power Rangers is that the villains have somewhat hilarious voice actors behind them. Seriously why do the bad guys always get the funny voices?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back