• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fix that POKEMON!

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
We all love Pokemon, we all love a certain Pokemon or two that is in the Never used or the Rarely used tiers. So, if you were to take some of your favorite Pokemon from the tiers down below and sort of recreate them to be more competitive, what would that Pokemon look like? A few quick rules before you just Max out your favorite low tier Pokemon.

1. Don't just give it God Tier stats by taking sunkern and giving like +50 to all of its stats.
2. Don't give it moody
3. Must use abilities and moves that already exist, no inventing anything new.
4. Use a format like I am down below or something similar to it showing what it has now, and what you would change about that.

I have three entries for mine. These three are some of my favorites.

Pokemon: Heliolisk
Type: Electric / Ground

Ability: Change Sand Veil to Sand Rush instead.
HP: 62 - Change this to an even 100.
Attack: 55 - Lower by twenty making this 35
Defense: 52 Add the 20 to this making it 72
Sp. Atk: 109
Sp. Def: 94
Speed: 109
Total Stat increase by 38

Outcome: Heliolisk by living in the desert and being a sand lizard should for no reason not be a sand team pokemon. It just screams to be in a sand team. So giving it more bulk and turning it into a special attacker fit to help take down bulky water pokemon would make it much better. Its good speed of 109 would be increased in sand storm, its boosted health and defense would make it far more viable for taking hits and surviving. Finally, I don't think an electric Lizard that lives in the desert that has access to Sand ANYTHING should EVER be a freaking normal type under any circumstances. It's a ground type, Gamefreak Screwed up when making it, it needs to change.

Sandslash

HP: 75 - Increase to 100
Attack: 100 - Add the 20 dropped from Sp Atk to this because SS will NEVER use a Sp ATK ever.
Defense: 110
Sp. Atk: 45 Drop this by 20
Sp. Def: 55
Speed: 65 - Make this 90
Total Stat increase is 50.

Movepool - I would expand its movepool by giving it access to moves like Superpower, Sky uppercut, and wake up slap, as well as Ancient power, Head Smash, and Rock Wrecker and some kind of priority move. Maybe extreme speed. SS suffers from a shallow movepool and very miniscule stat line. Fixing this to take more off his non existant special attack and boosting his health and speed would make him a far better pokemon.

Outcome - We now have a s.s Whose speed is what it should had been from the start, and by giving it more health as what any desert dwelling species should have to start with and since s.s was never meant to use Special attacks, that could better be served in its physical attacks instead.

Mismagius
Ability: Infiltrator and Cursed body added to levitate as options. Maybe Infiltrator as its H.A.

HP: 60 Increase this to 110.
Attack: 60 Drop by 40
Defense: 60 Add the 40 here. 100.
Sp. Atk: 105 Add 10
Sp. Def: 105
Speed: 105
Total Increase = 50 points.

Movepool - I would expand its movepool slightly by adding more fire and lightning based attacks and swapping out some of the physical attacks it can learn for special moves or status based moves.

Outcome - Mismagius is no longer a tragic disaster of a ghost pokemon.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
hm...thought people might think this was fun. Guess I will try again.

Come on! I am sure someone here has a favorite RU or NU pokemon that they know in their heart of hearts should never be there! Let's see what you would do to fix that for that pokemon!

Tyrantrum!
Ability: Hidden ability would be Sand Veil, Maybe Rough Skin or Huge Power
HP: 82 - Change this to 120
Attack: 121 - Add 20 taken from Sp Def. = 141
Defense: 119
Sp. Atk: 69 - Lower this by 30
Sp. Def: 59 - Lower by 20
Speed: 71 - Add the 30 from above here. =101
Total increase 38

Reason: Tyrantrum just seems he is too slow. A Real T Rex is not nimble for sure, but that thing could run pretty fast if I remember right. Tyrantrum's HP also does not reflect its sheer size. There is no freaking way a Clefable, a pokemon Signifigantly smaller than it should have more HP than a Tyrantrum. This thing should be all bulk with some decent speed and lots of RAWR Tyrantrum is now the MOTHER &&&&$$ING TYRANASAURAS REX KING OF BEASTS he was meant to be from the very beginning.
Move pool -

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
idk, I think that Rock Head is a fine ability for Tyrantrum. Recoiless STAB Head Smashes? Fuck yes

But anyway:

Incineroar
Ability: It's HA, Intimidate, is made available
HP: 95
Attack: 115-->125
Defense: 90
Sp.Attack: 80
Sp.Def: 90
Speed: 60 -->90
Total BST increase: 40

Movepool changes:
-Add Fire Punch and Blaze Kick
-rename Darkest Lariat Dankest Lariat

It has a fairly good movepool, and has bulk stats comparable to Landorus-Therian (95/90/90 vs 89/90/80), although the somewhat poorer defensive typing is an issue, but the main thing holding it back imo is its garbage Speed stat and being stuck with a crappy ability in Blaze.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
Years
Wobbuffet:
s4ziAEg.gif

Ability: Same
HP: 190-->255
Attack: 33-->5
Defense: 58-->150
Sp.Attack: 33-->5
Sp.Def: 58-->150
Speed: 33-->35
BST Increase: 190

Moves:
+Protect

Perfect waller/staller. Has access to Z-Psychic/Z-Fighting for perfect surprises.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Pyroar
pyroar.gif

HP: 86
Attack: 68 -> 125
Defense: 72
Special Attack: 109 -> 68
Special Defense: 66
Speed: 106 -> 123
BST: 507 -> 540

Movepool:
+Double-Edge, +Earthquake

Reasoning: Pyroar is a really cool looking Pokemon. I mean, it's a lion! What's not to love about that? Well, Game Freak decided to give it high Special Attack and abysmal Attack. Such a letdown, if you ask me. Because in real life, lions are physically strong. Also, Pyroar is outclassed by other special Fire types, like Charizard and Magmortar. I decided to rectify both problems by swapping its Attack and Special Attack stats, and then increasing its Attack. Additionally, I gave it Double-Edge for a stronger Normal STAB, Earthquake for Rock types, and some extra Speed. With these changes, Pyroar becomes a worthy alternative over Pokemon like Victini and Darmanitan.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jan 11, 2018
Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.

Years
Cresselia
Ability: Levitate
Type: Psychic/Fairy
HP: 120
Atk: 70
Def: 120
Sp.atk: 85 +10
Sp.def: 130
Speed: 85

Last edited:
Back