• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flygon or Garchomp?

Garchomp or Fygon?

• Total voters
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Considering that I don't really care about the stats of Pokemon (because I don't compete in Pokemon Battle other than In-Game), I'm going to have to say Flygon. I love it's design, and I've actually used one. :3

Garchomp, on the other hands, looks cool, but I have never used him and I kind of think he's used to much. :|;;

Gible looks cute though.

So yeah. Flygon please~

Sir Sterling

The Knight in Shining Silver
    Years
  • Flygon is preferable in my book. It's aesthetically pleasing and there's something cool about rooting for an underdog. Garchomp is cool beans for sure, but he's so popular that a lot of really cool Pokemon get forgotten. I have always liked Flygon more than Garchomp, anyhow.

But Garchomp has excellent stats. He's like a more appealing version of Rhyperior. Rhyperior has amazing power, amazing defense, and he's a weirdo. ;\ I don't like it, although Garchomp is cool.

EDIT: Well, I didn't expect Flygon to have 20 more votes than Garchomp! I guess it's not as big of an underdog as I'd thought.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
  • Flygon is totally my choice coz it has an aerodynamic shape wihch makes it look totally awesome and it has more speed(in the anime)and garchomp looks uhhhh.. ugly o.O

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Garchomp, it looks better than Flygon (imo), has much better stats and movepool, and is Uber, while Flygon is pretty rarely seen in OU.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Figured I'd make this thread to catch the opinion of other people too

So Flygon and Garchomp are the two unique Dragon/Ground types, both having high Attack and Speed stats. Garchomps attack is superior, but the rest of his stats are around the same or 2 notches higher.

Before gen 4, Flygon was my main Pokemon I used at the start of every battle, competitive and ingame. As soon as D/P came out, it was off with Flygon because everyone uses choice band Garchomp with superior speed and 1HKO Dragon Claw

You can imagine how upset I was to find out my team top was replaced by an uglier land shark with a, unfortunatly, better stat pool and movesets

So I made this poll to see how many people favored Flygon to Garchomp, or vice versa
    ^ this

I still like my Flygon =(

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Talk about a Flygon-lovin' PC. o___o; I never would've thought it would be such a landslide.

I like Flygon 'n all, but Garchomp is far too awesome. In my opinion: both in aesthetics, and the raw devastation it can cause.

Garchomp for me. Star scar all the way y'all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I prefer Flygon. Garchomp is ugly and I personally like everything about Flygon more.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I don't like Garchomp much compared to Flygon. Flygon just looks a lot better, and I don't play the game competitively, instead just using whatever I want. Sure, Garchomp is stronger, but I really don't care. Not like I can even battle anyone else.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • Flygon is my favourite as well~ I like it's design, since it doesn't look like any traditional dragon while still managin to look like... a dragon. Garchomp is a weird mix between a dragon and a shark. Well, I just like Flygon more overall. :3

Back