• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Flying Pikachu.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • AHA! That's where I saw it! It's an old TCG card! I figured it was in the Manga too, but I couldn't really place the other one. It was a card after all.
    I'd like to see Flying Pikachu make a comeback, myself. And both flying and surfing Pikachu should get their own sprite, which I bet they will.
    Yeah! You're right! It WAS there in the manga in in one of the cards.
    So I think that its more likely that it will have balloons attached to it.(cause it has already had numerous apperances.)
    I would have loved a jet pack pika though.........

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Wow, this thread makes me feel old compared to the rest of the fanbase, haha. As Dunsparce said, there was an old event for Pikachu with Fly in the 1st gen (though it might have been Japan-only), and the TCG card looked like this:
    http://www.virtualgulfcoast.com/pokemon/images/pikachu-flying.jpg
    See the balloons and stuff?
    Granted, there was never an anime episode about it like Surfing Pikachu, but it did have a part in the manga, and there were at least two events in the 3rd gen with flying Pikachu (Japanese ANA and American Bryant Park), though you couldn't transfer the moves due to the HM rule, and unlike the special one with Surf, it hadn't been available in the 4th gen (until now, I suppose).

Anyways, I'm excited to see it come back. I'm a sucker for special/exclusive moves, so I love that it can learn Fly again, and I'll be sure to get one, even if all it does is sit in my box. :P

Pikachu's line of evolution has taken a toll through the years since the first generation. Throughout the anime, TCG, manga, and games something new has always evolved through it. So, to see the idea expand back from the old and move another step ahead is always interesting to see at the end. So, it is nice that players can obtain another Pikachu so special that will know fly, but like you I wouldn't be surprised to keep mines untouched and left in the PC Storage Box.

It is a Pokémon and others with exclusive moves like this that may not always be valuable through competitive play, but a collective Pokémon for sure.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    So, it is nice that players can obtain another Pikachu so special that will know fly, but like you I wouldn't be surprised to keep mines untouched and left in the PC Storage Box.

It is a Pokémon and others with exclusive moves like this that may not always be valuable through competitive play, but a collective Pokémon for sure.

My god, your going to leave it trapped in a tiny little ball for months on end? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU??!?!?

Ahhh, enough of that. I only wish they had Remade a yellow type game or made a new pokemon game that was based on the anime where you COULD teach a pikachu surf and play the mini game again.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 17, 2010
    A flying pikachu could be cool, imagine the sprite when it comes out of the pokeball with ballons tied to it hehe

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • My god, your going to leave it trapped in a tiny little ball for months on end? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU??!?!?

If this Pikachu isn't given the special ribbon that doesn't allow a natural clone without an AR, then I may just clone it [one for leaving untouched and the next to have a little fun with]. However, a Pokémon like this can become rare over time untouched, so I'm just preserving it for when it is actually needed at some point in time.

That is actually a nice find. It shows that HeartGold and SoulSilver truly has taken a turn from just a simple remake but instead incorporated small tidbits from Pokémon Yellow, as well as the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal included. It's funny how I couldn't actually remember this intro, but then again it has been sometime.

derozio

Years
  • Jet Balloons! Nah. Well would you rather have a normal balloonless Pikachu fly you across the world rather than one with balloons?
    I know that its obvious that it WILL have balloons(thanks to its appearances) I would still prefer a pikachu with a jet pack. And a pikachu flying in the sky without any flying accesories would be really silly.

But can you imagine: How can some balloons help pikachu to stay in the air with its trainer? I really can't get an answer to this..
    Please try to provide an explanation if you can....

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • This news is very odd and slightly retarded. Why would we need a flying Pikachu? There are plenty of flying Pokemon available which can learn Fly, and use it with the STAB, so why do we need a Pikachu with Fly?

derozio

Years
  • This news is very odd and slightly retarded. Why would we need a flying Pikachu? There are plenty of flying Pokemon available which can learn Fly, and use it with the STAB, so why do we need a Pikachu with Fly?
    We know that we don't need it but it can still prove to be something of importance for collectors.

Years
  • i dont like the idea of a flying pikachu, seems ummmm..... silly.
    i think Nintendo need to release a Pokemon that can learn every hm, because lets be honest everyone has one Pokemon in the team that is completely useless but has 4 hm moves :)

HeartGold95

HeartGoldFTW!
    Years
  • I kinda dont like the idea because its useless! I surfing pikachu okay but seriously flying pikachu! come on Nintendo I know you are better than that!

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
  • i dont like the idea of a flying pikachu, seems ummmm..... silly.
    i think Nintendo need to release a Pokemon that can learn every hm, because lets be honest everyone has one Pokemon in the team that is completely useless but has 4 hm moves :)
    Mew?

But $20 says that, like all other promos, the Pikachu will have a normal sprite with the move fly. Just like the surfing pikas of time gone by.

derozio

Years
  • But $20 says that, like all other promos, the Pikachu will have a normal sprite with the move fly. Just like the surfing pikas of time gone by.
    Hmm........ That's really dissapointing. I expected more from nintendo....

Back