• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Follow Me" Feature

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • Question, if what you're saying is true, why couldn't they just have a Pokemon follow that has already been revealed, like Zoroark, Zorua or any of the starters.

Or maybe even a Pokemon from a previous region.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT the feture in it, but I don't get why they haven't shown it yet. They showed it in the FIRST clip of Hg/Ss.
    That's because it was a "major" new feature in HGSS. We knew the games were getting remade to match gen 4 so that wasn't "interesting". They wanted to show off something that was brand new and fascinating. But in BW, the brand new stuff is... everything else.

I don't think Pokémon will follow you in this game (although I will dearly miss the feature) since it hasn't been shown at all, even in rather trivial screenshots. Even if it was optional this time, I think they'd have shown one of the starters following or something in one of the promo screenshots when they were released. D:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't really think they will bring it back since it wasn't shown in the trailers or screenshots...
    Maybe an option to go into your party and select a pokemon to follow you!?

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
  • Could Pokemon still be following us?

Like many Pocket Monsters fans, I have been following the news for Black and White ever since they announced Zoroark. Seeing the latest leaked scans from CoroCoro, I was really delighted to see that they showed us how to obtain Zoroark's pre-evolution, Zorua. I noticed in one of the screenshots that Celebi was standing right next to the main character. Is it possible that Pokemon will still be following us around or could it just be for that event?

Here is a link to the scan for reference. If this is the case, I'm rather excited about having a Tsutaja follow me around.

Thoughts?

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • why wouldn't they follow us. i loved it!
    but i wish you could train it by walking with it. 1 exp for 1 step.

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
    Years
  • Yeah it could be Plausible. I don't think they'll want to remove that feature after they had it on HG/SS. It would really piss most of the fans off xD

I don't really mind if they don't though, since I got used to Pearl. It would make the game more enjoyable to play if they did though ^^

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    if we could have an option to return them in the ball

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Yha, it would be stupid to take it out. It was an awesome feature that was entertaining. I think I saw it in a few screen shots too.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2010
    I don't think, they will follow us, because in the screenshots there no pokémon that follow the trainer. The pic you found is an event... I think...
    But I hope I am wrong ^^'

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think this is a definite answer to all the doubt we had about Pokemon following us in the new games. Why bother showing us those screenshots of Celebi and Zorua standing right beside the trainers if there's no such option? ;) Plus, it would have been odd to remove such a popular feature in the first place.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I'm going to be very disappointed if our Pokemon don't follow us. :(

If they don't follow us in B/W, maybe if they make a 3rd game that might be the "improvement" I won't let go of hope lol

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
  • I think this is a definite answer to all the doubt we had about Pokemon following us in the new games. Why bother showing us those screenshots of Celebi and Zorua standing right beside the trainers if there's no such option? ;) Plus, it would have been odd to remove such a popular feature in the first place.

I agree. That's why I found that screenshot interested. After all, I'm sure that was pretty tough work to sprite 493+ Pokemon for HG/SS. All they would have to do would be to edit them a bit for the new graphics in B/W and add whatever new Pokemon and voila! I would be pretty disappointed if we didn't have the option to have our Pokemon follow us. Somehow it made it feel more "real."

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    i definitely would like that feature, but it is possible that it is optional in this game, which is why we havent seen it, and that would be amazing.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I would sooo sue them if it's not included. :P

I think the feature is cool, going back to my Diamond and Platinum from my Soulsilver always leave me awkward, I even goes: "Hey where's the Pokemon! Oh I'm not on SS." XD

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well i'm guessing if pokemon will follow us, it will be showed in pokemon sunday today or next week

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    i dont think the will
    1 the vidio of the guy walking in the citie had no pokemon
    2 non of the pictures have pokemon following
    3 for the celibii and zora u need an event celibii to get zoara
    though i could be wrong cause it would be cool to have more giant pokemon following you

Back