• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Followed Threads Notifying when someone posts

Starlight_Maiden

Knightess of the Wind
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2019
    The idea is simple, using the favorite/followed feature, when someone posts in the thread you followed, you will be sent a notification that user posted in a thread you were following. It'd help a lot.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Followed threads appear in your dashboard every time someone posts in the thread since you last looked at it (the thread), so there's that

Although I take it you mean notification as in like notifications for when someone quotes or likes a post of yours, yes?

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Although I take it you mean notification as in like notifications for when someone quotes or likes a post of yours, yes?

Yep. I'm on board with the idea as well, it'd be pretty nice.

Last edited:

Starlight_Maiden

Knightess of the Wind
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2019
    Well. There's no way to follow threads currently. I've looked around and found nothing. Many people in my roleplay also suffer the same issue, needing me to quote them to let them know there was a post.

Nevermind. It's just really hidden. It should be active by default so people like me don't skip over the feature. I had to go a few extra hoops to follow the threads

Erm. Nvm. Yeah even though I'm following the thread, apparently, I get NO notifications if someone posts in it. I have to go to the page itself and refresh it manually to see if there are any new posts

Apparently it just fails to notify users at all. No red number on the microphone thingie when there's a new post on a followed thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well. There's no way to follow threads currently. I've looked around and found nothing. Many people in my roleplay also suffer the same issue, needing me to quote them to let them know there was a post.

Nevermind. It's just really hidden. It should be active by default so people like me don't skip over the feature. I had to go a few extra hoops to follow the threads

Erm. Nvm. Yeah even though I'm following the thread, apparently, I get NO notifications if someone posts in it. I have to go to the page itself and refresh it manually to see if there are any new posts

Apparently it just fails to notify users at all. No red number on the microphone thingie when there's a new post on a followed thread.
    We currently don't (and perhaps never will) have notifs appear when somebody posts in a thread you're following. For many threads, that would be A Lot Of Notifs!

However, get into the habit of visiting this page: https://www.pokecommunity.com/subscription.php?

There, you can see all threads you are following, and whether or not there are unread posts in them.

Back