• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Following Pokemon

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Don't give me that. I am not telling anyone anything. Please be honest with your post in the future.

Anyway i am glad we are not getting following pokemon again. It is unique to HGSS.

It was also unique to Yellow too up until HGSS came about but you can speak for yourself, honestly I would have loved it if we were. At least have our starters following us or... something. I thought it was really cute seeing them following you around and giving you things. At least have the Pokemon with Pickup running around so their ability is justified. :(

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It was also unique to Yellow too up until HGSS came about but you can speak for yourself, honestly I would have loved it if we were. At least have our starters following us or... something. I thought it was really cute seeing them following you around and giving you things. At least have the Pokemon with Pickup running around so their ability is justified. :(
    We have 802 (804 with two new ultra beasts) pokemon. It would take forever to put all those sprites in. Also the feature can't be turned off so it becomes frustrating after a while. That was HGSS problem. I don't want GF wasting time on this feature when there is better features to put into the game.

Of course it is not what i want. GF can do what they want. But i stand by my opinion on this feature.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    We have 802 (804 with two new ultra beasts) pokemon. It would take forever to put all those sprites in. Also the feature can't be turned off so it becomes frustrating after a while. That was HGSS problem. I don't want GF wasting time on this feature when there is better features to put into the game.

Of course it is not what i want. GF can do what they want. But i stand by my opinion on this feature.

uh idk if you know this but all the animations are already in the game, they'd only have to do the 2 new ones.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    uh idk if you know this but all the animations are already in the game, they'd only have to do the 2 new ones.
    No they are not. GF would put the feature in SM if that was the case. This feature is more painful to have. I never understood the purpose of it and it is still useless to me.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    No they are not. GF would put the feature in SM if that was the case. This feature is more painful to have. I never understood the purpose of it and it is still useless to me.

It's there, it's just unused... You can look it up there's tons of info about it. You can't say that something's not programmed into the game when it clearly is O_o

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It's there, it's just unused... You can look it up there's tons of info about it. You can't say that something's not programmed into the game when it clearly is O_o
    There are lots of data that has gone unused such as items that are not in the game and trainers that are not there. Following pokemon is no different to them. Data is just data.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020

Following Pokemon

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I am not a troll. I am entitled to my opinion. If you have nothing nice to say to me or about me then please don't say it. I do not insult you so i deserve the same respect.

Opinions are fine but there comes a point when you have to listen to reason...

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years

Pokemon Sun and Moon doesn't use sprites; they use models which already exist in the game's code. They could implement following Pokemon if they really wanted to without causing much issue in the way of adding new things, and if they wanted to they could also implement it being optional so you could be happy like we are. :P

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
    Years
    Following Pokemon could be something done. It wouldn't even look bad. It would be like how Nebby follows Lillie at times I'd think. If they can now use 3d spirites they could do it.

Years
    I figured that Pokemon wouldn't be following you all the time, since we did see the player characters running around without a Pokemon behind them. It seems like we can have Pokemon follow us, but only ones we interact with in certain areas, like the Pikachu and Rockruff.

Sorry guys, following Pokemon ain't coming back, at least in the way HG/SS did it.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Opinions are fine but there comes a point when you have to listen to reason...
    Alright. If you all like it then that is fine. I won't go on about it anymore. Lets leave it to GF to decide the fate of the feature. In the mean time we should enjoy USUM.

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
    Years
    Following Pokemon

^ Accurate representation of how I read through this thread.

I'd honestly love to see the pokémon following come back, it was such a cool feature to have. The way pokémon would respond based on the environment, their relationship with the player and their health was a lovely touch. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who took a Regice into the Ice Path.

I don't hold any real hope that pokémon will be able follow you all over the region. Like quite a few people have already said, I think it'll just be exclusive for one area, like a safari or a garden. Maybe even only certain pokémon.

that being said i need to finish sun asap hahaakms

Back