• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Software

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    It's just something about vB's default theme that turns me off. Not sure what it is though. =/
    SubSilver's not my favorite either, but it's decent enough for a default skin.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Most people are turned off by the skin just because it is eye candyish like IPB. vB is more dullish and faster loading because its so blah XD

Morkula

Years
    Actually in my experience, vB is one of the slowest loading of the forums. Even slower than IPB. x.x

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I think it depends on your ISP because vB is the fastest loading for me o__o

Anyways, I hope vB does go through a major change of a default design next year when vB 4.0 comes out =)

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Yeah they should, cause people are getting tired of that look, and ipb should do the same thing, i can't say nothing about phpbb, cause i know they won't release olympus next year lol.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I think the IPB default is working perfectly for them, however I do believe a new skin for them is in the works too (The ACP was already redone so I believe the main area will now be too).

Morkula

Years
    I would actually estimate that Olympus is gonna be out in... *thinks* February...

2020. XD

Anyway, I think that IPB is actually going to be re-done for the next major release. I think they've stated it before. Even though I <3 the 2.x.x look. XD
    vB needs a redesign. Seriously. The actual forum and the CP need major overhauls. =/

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I tell Floris that all the time, but he just goes on about how he loves to drink....

Letmee tell you if y'all knew the creators of vB and how they talked and acted, than you wouldn't want one XD

Morkula

Years
    I never would have thought that about Floris o_O
    They're always so helpful on the support forums though XD

That's one thing I will say... vB support is miles above IPB support.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Yes that is because Floris does nothing but sit on his computer all day and drink 24/7 XD and do other stuff that I wish not to say -.- XD

Gotta love the Netherlands*

But I am sure IPB isn't THAT bad XD

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    vB has looked different for the 1.x, 2.x and 3.x lines, so it can be assumed it'll look different for the 4.x line =/

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    True... I just hope Floris listens to my request of a more eyecandyish look ;P

I think that now from viewing IPB's growth they can determine just what way of a style they should go.

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
    One reason I dont like SMF is because its very simalar to YaBB SE, which is what proboards uses. Anything thats related to the proboards forum software I dont use.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    I really couldn't care less about default skins, I always change them anyway. =P

Not that mine look better, but I don't like to use default stuff.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    But for stuff like SMF, you're kinda stuck with the default as there isn't any good ones to chose from x_x

Back