• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FR & Em | Pokémon Party Screen Modifications (Base, HGSS and BW Styles)

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Hello! I'd like to report one more small issue with the party screens, specifically the Black/White style screens in Pokemon Emerald version.

https://i.gyazo.com/48df953bc460ed5e653c3fd162f85304.png

When a Pokemon is healed, the left numbers do not properly update and the previous number is overwritten with the new number causing a bit of a visual error. This is very minor as it goes away when the healing is done but, for the sake of polish, it'd be awesome to see this get fixed. I have tested this on a completely clean emerald rom to ensure that it's not simply an unrelated issue as well.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hello! I'd like to report one more small issue with the party screens, specifically the Black/White style screens in Pokemon Emerald version.

When a Pokemon is healed, the left numbers do not properly update and the previous number is overwritten with the new number causing a bit of a visual error. This is very minor as it goes away when the healing is done but, for the sake of polish, it'd be awesome to see this get fixed. I have tested this on a completely clean emerald rom to ensure that it's not simply an unrelated issue as well.
    Oof, that looks a very very specific and small issue. I'm still gonna send it to my contact, perhaps they'll be able to fix it. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Do you happen to know if these patches will work with the rombase that Leon just put up?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Do you happen to know if these patches will work with the rombase that Leon just put up?
    No idea. You're free to check that out by yourself though, they might.
    Hello! I'd like to report one more small issue with the party screens, specifically the Black/White style screens in Pokemon Emerald version.

Alright, I just updated the content of the download in the main post. It would be very helpful if you could try the bugfix on your savefile.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    [/QUOTE]Alright, I just updated the content of the download in the main post. It would be very helpful if you could try the bugfix on your savefile.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don't have access to the patch before that fix so I'm not able to undo the patch and apply this new one safely :C

When I try to simply patch this new one over my existing rom it just freezes the game when I use a healing item. If you have the patch before the update lying around I'd appreciate it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    hi guys so i am working on my first pokemon rom hack and i wanted to change the menu screen (the screen where you see pokedex, pokemon, bag etc) does anyone know how to do this or does anyone have a patch? im using a fire red rom.

Henry Owen

Hank Joey
    Years
  • I would really like to know the offsets that the palettes occupy, in order to have greater customization. Can someone help me?

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    Hi Lunos
    Could you give me the location of the offset that was used in this patch? I would like to move it to another offset, so as not to conflict with my hack.
    Would it be possible to give me the exact location where you insert the offset?

Years
  • Hi Lunos
    Could you give me the location of the offset that was used in this patch? I would like to move it to another offset, so as not to conflict with my hack.
    Would it be possible to give me the exact location where you insert the offset?

I believe it doesn't conflict with in-progress hacks. Just make sure to insert the contents in the "bugfixing.txt" file to free space.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    I believe it doesn't conflict with in-progress hacks. Just make sure to insert the contents in the "bugfixing.txt" file to free space.

By applying this Patch on DPE and CFRU you are giving a conflict by activating two opponents in battle. The creator of the engine replied that the patch may be conflicting, so I wanted a location to insert in another empty offset.

Years
  • By applying this Patch on DPE and CFRU you are giving a conflict by activating two opponents in battle. The creator of the engine replied that the patch may be conflicting, so I wanted a location to insert in another empty offset.

But it is in recommended in the CFRU guide. Wait... did I mess up my ROM? :0

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • By applying this Patch on DPE and CFRU you are giving a conflict by activating two opponents in battle. The creator of the engine replied that the patch may be conflicting, so I wanted a location to insert in another empty offset.

It must be applied to your ROM before CFRU. I'm using this patch with both DPE and CFRU and it works with no issues even with double battles

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    It must be applied to your ROM before CFRU. I'm using this patch with both DPE and CFRU and it works with no issues even with double battles

I applied the patch before the CFRU and it is now normal without freezing the screen, thanks was of great help.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    Oh man! You scared me! I thought my ROM was a goner. I had been trying to activate the bug for an hour... don't scare me ever again.

Sorry, my knowledge of CFRU is as small as possible. I applied the patch after the compilation so it was bugging, I'm glad you didn't lose yours, mine I'll have to start all over again from scratch. But happy since I will be able to use the two opponent now without freezing.

Years
  • Sorry, my knowledge of CFRU is as small as possible. I applied the patch after the compilation so it was bugging, I'm glad you didn't lose yours, mine I'll have to start all over again from scratch. But happy since I will be able to use the two opponent now without freezing.

Hey, hey, no problem. I just thought that I will have to start from scratch.

Back