• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: FR-Johto AddOn Base

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
i need help how do i move the other maps there all stuck together and when i change one to new bark town they all change with it i want all the cities to be in there own respected place so i can change all the names without problem how would i be able to do that?

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
i need help how do i move the other maps there all stuck together and when i change one to new bark town they all change with it i want all the cities to be in there own respected place so i can change all the names without problem how would i be able to do that?

Move the maps?
What do you mean if I may ask?

Map names are rather limited...sadly
The only way to really be able to add more map names would be to replace already in game maps.
When adding maps without replacing this is one of the limitations.
I tried a few years ago to try to expand map names but didn't get too far at all...

Also I have updated the Base to now have
Cliff's Edge, Route 47/48, Safari Zone, Pokeathlon and Sinjoh Ruins...

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
I do have to add the Johto Safari Zone and the Battle tower is in but will need to be fixed which I will probably do...
As for the rest I will look into it for sure... ^_^
At the moment I haven't touched Kanto and will try to refrain from doing so until I have at least 3 regions...

If you or anyone else wants to take maps and use them in your own hacks or bases I don't mind at all ^_^

That's nice! I know that the Battle Tower is there... But I'm pertaining to the Battle Frontier (actually, I'm aware that it is also almost impossible to do using FR tiles)...

And thank you for allowing us to do that... :)

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
That's nice! I know that the Battle Tower is there... But I'm pertaining to the Battle Frontier (actually, I'm aware that it is also almost impossible to do using FR tiles)...

And thank you for allowing us to do that... :)

Ya I kinda just cloned the Battle Tower from within FR already, I think if the level scripts are fixed then it should work.
I will probably test it out for my self sometime later...

Ya the tiles are quite limiting but still might have to try at a mock up Battle Frontier when I have time...
No worries at all ^_^

Glad I can help in some way to be honest

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Ya I kinda just cloned the Battle Tower from within FR already, I think if the level scripts are fixed then it should work.
I will probably test it out for my self sometime later...

Ya the tiles are quite limiting but still might have to try at a mock up Battle Frontier when I have time...
No worries at all ^_^

Glad I can help in some way to be honest

That's great man! Yeah, this base really helps...

By the way, in what region base will you add the Sinjoh Ruins? And I also have some idea for a trick on how to mimic the "Soaring in the sky" for Hoenn in maps... ;)

Good luck with the bases man!

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
That's great man! Yeah, this base really helps...

By the way, in what region base will you add the Sinjoh Ruins? And I also have some idea for a trick on how to mimic the "Soaring in the sky" for Hoenn in maps... ;)

Good luck with the bases man!

Sinjoh Ruins can accessed from the little house located in the Ruins of Alph in the Updated patch in the main post above.
When the Sinnoh region is added it will be placed north of Johto...
So connecting to the Sinjoh Ruins from the south.

Well if you can get soaring to work then make a tutorial on how to do so as I am sure others would love that as well...

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Sinjoh Ruins can accessed from the little house located in the Ruins of Alph in the Updated patch in the main post above.
When the Sinnoh region is added it will be placed north of Johto...
So connecting to the Sinjoh Ruins from the south.

Well if you can get soaring to work then make a tutorial on how to do so as I am sure others would love that as well...

That's great! What are the other things changed/added to your Johto base?

About the soaring, it's not actually a real way to implement the soaring in the sky (because it's not possible in 2D)... We will just mimic it through a map... We will just create a map that looks like/represents the entire Hoenn region, a map that has warps to every fly spots (serves as the landing) of every cities/towns and to the Legendary mirage spots (the only map that has access to them)...

Since that map will be full of water, the wild flying Pokémons are possible (put the Pokémons to the water wild data), as well as the Legendary Pokémons that can be encountered (using an OW event)...

The only problem will be an ASM/C routine for an Eon Flute (teleports the player to the warp spot based from the current map name)... That shouldn't be your problem for the Hoenn base because the base only contains maps...

Not the best way but that's the only way that I thought so far to mimic the soar...

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
That's great! What are the other things changed/added to your Johto base?

About the soaring, it's not actually a real way to implement the soaring in the sky (because it's not possible in 2D)... We will just mimic it through a map... We will just create a map that looks like/represents the entire Hoenn region, a map that has warps to every fly spots (serves as the landing) of every cities/towns and to the Legendary mirage spots (the only map that has access to them)...

Since that map will be full of water, the wild flying Pokémons are possible (put the Pokémons to the water wild data), as well as the Legendary Pokémons that can be encountered (using an OW event)...

The only problem will be an ASM/C routine for an Eon Flute (teleports the player to the warp spot based from the current map name)... That shouldn't be your problem for the Hoenn base because the base only contains maps...

Not the best way but that's the only way that I thought so far to mimic the soar...

Honestly all I have done is add maps from map bank 43-49 (With warps and Connections as well)
From what I can tell, Johto is added in to this base rather well except for BellSrout Tower, Tin Tower and I did use a copy of the Dojo in Saffron for Cianwood city Gym and Blackthorn City Gym. >_< I will try to fix those as I go.
If I missed anything else then just let me know ^_^

As for the Soar Idea, that actually sounds like a good Idea. ^_^
One way to deal with OverWorld maps as well...
Hmm Might have to test that out for my hack, as I am sure later on I will be using this base for my hack has well.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Honestly all I have done is add maps from map bank 43-49 (With warps and Connections as well)
From what I can tell, Johto is added in to this base rather well except for BellSrout Tower, Tin Tower and I did use a copy of the Dojo in Saffron for Cianwood city Gym and Blackthorn City Gym. >_< I will try to fix those as I go.
If I missed anything else then just let me know ^_^

As for the Soar Idea, that actually sounds like a good Idea. ^_^
One way to deal with OverWorld maps as well...
Hmm Might have to test that out for my hack, as I am sure later on I will be using this base for my hack has well.

I saw the new maps... They're all nice too! Looking forward with the remaining maps especially with the rest of Johto and Kanto...

I hope my idea with the soar for Hoenn will be of help...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
I saw the new maps... They're all nice too! Looking forward with the remaining maps especially with the rest of Johto and Kanto...

I hope my idea with the soar for Hoenn will be of help...

What about the Rods? You will still be able to use them if the maps are full of water

Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 27, 2018
Maps look great! How's the progress on this? I downloaded your base a few weeks ago before the first update so I haven't seen what you've added. I just recently decided to start posting instead of just casually browsing day by day lol.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Love the maps! I'll definitely be using the Johto maps in my current project! Thank you for these! Amazing work!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Very cool idea! I have wanted to add Mt. Silver into FR for some time now, but didn't know how to do it. But yeah, how is the Town Map gonna work? And flying? It is a great idea and I can't wait to see it finished!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
I went through and tested the maps out on a clean rom, and I notice that when patching, the new banks start at offset 0x721A8C, and that is in the middle of where my expanded pokemon are. Is there a way to easily change the location of the maps in the rom/patch, create a new patch with the Johto maps in a different location on the rom, and them add it so it'll be inserted into the freespace that's in my current hack? I hope that made sense. It's 2:30 in the morning where I am, and slightly sleep deprived. lol.

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
I went through and tested the maps out on a clean rom, and I notice that when patching, the new banks start at offset 0x721A8C, and that is in the middle of where my expanded pokemon are. Is there a way to easily change the location of the maps in the rom/patch, create a new patch with the Johto maps in a different location on the rom, and them add it so it'll be inserted into the freespace that's in my current hack? I hope that made sense. It's 2:30 in the morning where I am, and slightly sleep deprived. lol.

I apologize about that...
The only way at the moment I can think of is you can import the maps one by one, but that is rather time consuming...
At the present moment I don't have time to help you out and I really do apologize for that as well..

When trying to figure out where to put everything its rather difficult to determine what areas of the rom others will use.
The majority tend to start from 0x800000 and above, so I assumed anything below would be safer for compatibility...

I do however plan on refining the base and putting more time into it along with a few different versions.
At the moment I am testing a base that I will use for my Hack and if it's not too buggy I might just release that one as a base as well..
So much to do >_< hahaha

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
I apologize about that...
The only way at the moment I can think of is you can import the maps one by one, but that is rather time consuming...
At the present moment I don't have time to help you out and I really do apologize for that as well..

When trying to figure out where to put everything its rather difficult to determine what areas of the rom others will use.
The majority tend to start from 0x800000 and above, so I assumed anything below would be safer for compatibility...

I do however plan on refining the base and putting more time into it along with a few different versions.
At the moment I am testing a base that I will use for my Hack and if it's not too buggy I might just release that one as a base as well..
So much to do >_< hahaha

No apologies necessary! I was just curious. I started importing some of the maps one by one but I'm having issues with getting the map connections to work properly, even though I'm literally just now realizing I could look at your base and see what the map connection offsets would be to make each individual connection work. Regardless you still seem to have put a lot of effort into creating these maps and I greatly appreciate it! Thank you for creating these! Good luck with your hack!

FSBS

Defunct
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2019
The maps are pleasant to look at, and the narrow 2-block paths add to the rural charm of Johto. I'm impressed and will definitely use (even if only just to mess with the maps.)

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
The maps are pleasant to look at, and the narrow 2-block paths add to the rural charm of Johto. I'm impressed and will definitely use (even if only just to mess with the maps.)

Thank you very much! ^_^

One day I will create a more updated one with a bit more to offer.

I just need to know what Free space area in rom should I use(ergo 0x7C0000+ or 0xC00000) for the maps and then wild data tables ect.

So those that use this and future bases/hacks of mine can apply them on games already in the making...
Not to mention make it more compatible with other patches or bases.

Any feed back is always appreciated;
Ideas are welcome as well.

Back