• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: FR-Johto AddOn Base

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
can someone make am johto world map?, to this addon. like make acessing jotho region in map option, using fly......

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
When using the HPE (Hopeless Pokemon Editor) after I patched both the rom bases, it said there was an error. How do I fix that problem?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
How do I replace the old maps with new ones from the original pokemon gold/silver game. It's a hassle for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Hello all,
I'm not much on creating threads so I will keep this simple and short.

I bring to you a Base that adds the Johto region as best possible with the default tiles.
Bell Sprout Tower & Tin Tower are an example of what can't be done with the default tiles.
As well as Blackthorn city gym... >_<

No wild Pokemon, music, town names ect have been added to this Base...
Requires Fire Red v1.0

It comes with two versions:
-One with FR intact
&
-One with the Clean patch

Download(Updated-Both are included within the rar) ----------> Here

It can be patched with anything that don't mess with maps from (what I can tell)...
All maps start at map bank 43 and go to map bank 48.
I also added Johto Safari Zone as well.

This is a final for the Johto base...
However I plan to use this base to start on a All region Base, so if anyone has some maps they would like to submit that would be amazing...
Keep in mind though all maps have to use default Fire Red tiles.

At the moment I'm starting to work on the Orange Islands...
Will keep everyone updated as I progress.

Thank you all for your time

Update:
Soon i will revamp this project and try to get to making more Region Bases like this one.
Will try to make it more usable with some of the more popular patches as well
Took the old link out and took the broken picture link out as well and will try to make a new one as soon as I get the time.
Thank you all, and Hope this project as helped!

I don't know how to add these maps or events. How would u do it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
This rom base is great, but incomplete. I can't find the maps for gsc victory road or the pokemon league. What's up with that?

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
I'm rather surprise this project got as much traffic as it has.
It has been quite awhile since I worked on this project.

I will take a look and see what updates I can apply to this base.

This was made before decomps where really a thing.
So it was very basic and bare bones.
At the time I couldn't figure a way to expand the map names
and other various things.
We will see what I can do now.

I did have pictures up at one point but the picture host went down.
So I will update that as well when I get the time.

Years
  • Age 32
  • they / them
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
This is neat, really ambitious to have done and generous to have put it out freely too. If I had known about this I probably would have inserted it into my current project, but it also probably would have massively bloated the scope of what I'm working on so it's probably for the best :P Still, cool, definitely gonna take a look soon regardless.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I applied the rom base for my hack, but when I went to the glitter lighthouse, it ended up in celadon city. Where is the map for the glitter lighthouse?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
do you have an update version of this addon? still missing a few things like tin tower
i want put some events to a rom to make as a post game from FR, basicly a reverse crystal

Back