• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Fragmented (M) (IC)

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years
  • The Infiltration - Part One

It was a few days after the events of Alex's birthday. Alex himself was in his run down, back alley apartment when he got the message. It had popped up on his computer screen as the "day" of Heliopolis slowly approached its end, waking the sleeping boy.Some bullock about something special that he was essential for... Overall, he dismissed it as another job request. He had been hired by Phoenix several times before for small scale things, such as sabotaging small military supply points, but this was nowhere near as formal as the revolutionaries had approached him before. They, at least, appreciate the Gifted so long as they remained useful, and Alex had yet to see another more skilled at opening doors.

The message told him to meet in Oak Park. He shrugged, and began getting ready. He may as well see who the hell this contact was. Besides, what was the worst that could happen?

Alex took a seat on a nearby bench, and minutes later a voice with no approach had taken his attention from behind.

"Silayev?"

Alex was quite surprised when a voice came out of seemingly nowhere. He was on his feet in an instant, his pistol pointed directly at this stranger's heart. If he tried anything, a five inch spike would be burrowed in him faster than he could blink, but the man didn't even flinch.

"Put the weapon down; you're safe." He was a pale and unassuming man, not unlike Alex himself, but over a foot taller. Looking down on Alex through shaggy black hair, he just didn't look like he gave a damn that the kid was carrying a weapon—or more.

"I'm assuming you are the one that sent for me?"

He didn't answer, but the stranger didn't grow hostile.

Despite holstering his gun, Alex was still more than wary. Judging by how he was able to move without any sort of detection meant that he was obviously a Gifted of some sort, and until he knew the extent of the stranger's abilities, he was not about to relax.

"Very well then," Alex continued. "Why would someone like you need to send for me? Are you with Phoenix or something?"

"I wasn't the one who sent for you."

"You mean to say that you did not plan this meeting?"

Years
  • [CSS-DIV="background-color: #FEF0C9; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; width: 570px;"]
    Jace Caradoc - The Story Continues​

[FONT="Calibri]Jace sat on his bed within his secret home. It had been two days since he had narrowly escaped the authorities along with Harry and Michael. He had seen neither of the other Gifted since then and had confined himself to his hideout for the last two days, laying low to avoid any suspicion. He was sure that plenty of the military police had gotten a close enough look at him to give a vague description, but otherwise he felt he was relatively safe. Except for the continuing tension between the Jakobs' and Dahl's.

It had been late the previous night when Jace had been contacted by his employers. In response to the continued escalation between the two families, the head of the Jakobs family had called an emergency meeting. Jace was to attend as protection and to report publically on the killing of Kyle Dahl who had long been a thorn in the rival crime family's side. Still, Jace felt that this meeting was ominous. A large-scale meeting now could only mean an equally large-scale attack on the Dahl's which would draw a lot of attention from the authorities since both families employed as many Unregistered as they could.

"I've got to break away from them somehow" Jace sighed to himself "I don't care about being required to kill lowlifes, but the more the families attack each other the more attention the draw to themselves and as a result me. If I'm captured I can't bring money back to the orphanage. Besides, it's only a matter of time until they force me to kill someone who doesn't deserve it… and I'd do it to survive. I don't need to spend my life hating myself, it was bad enough I was forced to take out that other Gifted – even if he was trying to kill me himself."

Jace growled with frustration and punched his bed. He had no control over his life, the Jakobs' owned him and even if he could break away from them without blood shed he'd just end up working for another group, probably the Dahl's unless they found out it was him who killed Kyle and came after him. Above them though, no matter where he went the government'd still oppress him.

In a foul mood Jace left his home, slamming the door shut telekinetically before heading through the dark city towards the meeting place. It was a surprisingly short trip for Jace to reach the building, a large decrepit structure that was once going to be a community centre. The building was very inconspicuous and had a secret entrance through an attached coffee shop. The centre and the coffee shop had both passed discretely into the ownership of the Jakob's family recently as it was the perfect place to conduct secret meetings of any significant size.

Taking a deep breath Jace walked into the coffee shop and ignoring the dark-skinned man with dreadlocks acting as though he was a barrister (he was actually a Sniffer working for the Jakobs'), walked through the back door into the community centre where several other men and woman were seated at a large table or were otherwise standing around.

[/font]
    [/div]​

Back