• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friend questions

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Have you ever had moments where you or one of your friends questions how you became friends in the first place because you are so different from each other? It seems to happen to me quite a bit, although it usually centers around how my sense of humor is, to be frank, almost nonexistent.

Years
  • Yes actually. Me and my best mate always had some sort of thing we did together. It changed every year. Then one year we forgot and realised we had very little in common. That was an intense conversation. We realised that it didn't matter because we had the same sense of humour.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    Most of my friends have a lot in common with me in terms of personality, so we usually don't wonder too much why we clicked. Every now and again, though, I make a friend (usually a casual one) that is widely different from me.

I'd say it's because opposites attract, but in the Yin/Yang kind of sense. Sometimes it's just nice to be able to hang out with someone that's different, but in a good sort of way.~

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Some of my friends don't agree with that unfortunately... not saying we don't talk but when the topic gets brought up, there's an awkward silence following.

Lindblum

you're not alone
    Years
  • My bestfriend and I are very different but I think thats why we get along so well. We're both willing to put in the effort to learn about the other ones hobbies and interests and we sometimes find we like stuff we didn't like before! I'm also dreadful with clothes and makeup so shes always there to give me sound advice! We're both quite grown up when we're together too, I feel like my other friends are a bit more immature and while I like being that, I'm more of a sensible person but because of this no one ever sees me as such!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Well, I'd like to think that not all friendships have to made solely on similarities. Sure, they help, but in reality, as little as one similarity should be more than enough to bond over. That being said, nah, it's never come up, aside from perhaps the actual time it happened. That, most of us seem to not remember, for whatever reason lmao. But we're together because of our differences being able to intermix. Kind of like a puzzle; no two pieces are exactly alike, but they can mesh together to become something beautiful.

Last edited:

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I guess what probably does it for me is that a good majority of my friends are fluent in sarcasm and I'm.... well let's just sarcasm is foreign to me. They use it as a form of humor and I seem to be the one of the group that takes it seriously, because I can't tell it was sarcastic (note that this is mostly for friends I text to, I'm not quite as bad irl, but it's still subpar). I don't mean to be a killjoy, but at the same times, if you don't know if it was serious or not, what do you do?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yeah, a lot. One of my best friends, we just randomly hung out. We didn't even know each other that well at the time, but now we hang out all the times and are the best of friends. We'll probably even be roomates in college next year.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • My best friends and I do this from time to time and we never have a good answer for each other. It's always 'well, it doesn't matter because we're friends now' but then I still get to questioning myself, 'yeah but why' and can never come to a good conclusion. Is that bad? I think that's bad, but I can't really help it.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
  • Nah, never done this. I've never questioned my friendship with anyone, especially not for something as dumb as not having much in common. Sure, similarities provide grounds for conversation, but I have a friend who's friendship with me consists of purely arguing about what we believe is right. We only have similarity, and that's that we both like Cookie Dough ice cream.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I try not to think about things like this. I still don't even really understand how friendships are formed and when someone ever asks me why I like them, I never have an answer.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • I did a few weeks ago with my best friend. We were doing an exercise in a lesson and we had to write down our similarities and we had 3. Kinda awkward but oh well, I still get on with her better than anybody.

Back