• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

From Bulbasaur to Melmetal

Years
    what're you talking about Archie's still around

383 - Groudon

not much i can say about this guy other than i like the patterns on his back

Years
    385 - Jirachi

i actually believed in that mossdeep space center myth where you could get jirachi if you talked to that white rock outside for a set amount of times. never felt more like an idiot when i found out the truth lmao.

pkmin3033

One of the ugliest Legendaries, both in terms of design and colour. The form change thing is pretty cool, but...bleeech. Not something I ever wanted to use.

Years
    387 - Turtwig

AAAAA so glad to land on this lovely lil turtle. what a better way to start the sinnoh dex than with the best grass type starter ever?

pkmin3033

One of the "okay" middle evos...there are so very few of these.

Years
    389 - Torterra

it's got a mf tree on its back, and it learns Earthquake immediately. how could one NOT love this thing?

Years
    391 - Monferno

next evo's name is also based around the word inferno, which tells me GF ran out of names early lmao

pkmin3033

Fire/Fighting and a monkey? I loathe this thing >.>

Years
    393 - Piplup

i remember Dawn saying if i chose Piplup we'd have had the same starter. literally tested it and reset the game to get a Piplup, but suddenly she's a Chimchar girl now?? smh

Years
    395 - Empoleon

i actually used to think Prinplup looked better than Empoleon, but eh, king penguin grew on me over time.

Years
    397 Staravia

2nd stage syndrome-ish but still pretty aight.

also literally everyone will agree with you on that take

pkmin3033

I love his this thing gets Close Combat, i.e. an actually useful move that isn't flying. Sure, it's a fighting type move, but still...

Years
    399 - Bidoof

ah yes, something to perfectly balance out the awesomeness of the starly line. well done game freak.

Years
    401 - Kricketot

actually a pretty underrated design right here. i really liked this guy when i first encountered it.

Back