• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Froslass_Maniac's Pixel parade

How am I doing?

• Total voters

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
more sprites:

mawile_prevo_by_froslassmaniac-d307oax.png

This one is meant as a prevo for mawile, it's a fuse. :3

retype_cacnea_by_froslassmaniac-d309wus.png

Retype, Scratched some gooey parts a bit.

Years
retype_cacnea_by_froslassmaniac-d309wus.png

Retype, Scratched some gooey parts a bit.
The Cacnea would look a little smoother if the sides of it were more similar to each other. On the right side it looks like the goop is trailing off the side of the head like fabric, meaning it mostly falls straight down. On the left side it bulges out (like a Grimer or Muk) as if there is a big pile of the goop and the head is merely sitting on top of it like a cherry in a scoop of ice cream. The diagonal fold line on the left side also makes it look like that side is pushed outward while the mostly horizonal folds on the ridge side are more in keeping with how I described that side.

You also have a two pixel thick outline on part of the bottom which usually is a no-no for pokemon style sprites.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Thanks for the crit, the bottom might look like a 2-pixel thick line, but thats a darker shade.. (I should've made the outlines black.)

Heres a new splice:
sceptank_by_froslassmaniac-d30xbms.png

I'm not really statisfied with the left cannon. D:

And here one scratch:
file.php

Darn I really suck with pixeling/drawing humans o.o;

Years
file.php

Darn I really suck with pixeling/drawing humans o.o;
People are really difficult, but this has a lot of things going for it. It's just rough at the moment.

What strikes me most is the size of the head and the relatively small arms. Perhaps the half hidden eye could me brought down slightly (it looks a little too far up on the head - almost to the scalp) or the curve of the nose could be brought back some (the bridge curves a little too far forward and the line of the nose seems like it would run into the eye rather than over it). I'm also not sure if the head is blending into the neck without a distinct chin or if you're going for a different style of face shape. Back to the arm sizes, you might want to try making the arm with the band over it thicker. It just seems too small for the size of head you're going with. Of course, that might not be the case if you make changes to the face.

And if none of that made any sense it's because I'm not awake at the moment.

Years
Nice Concept, and i love your shading.

But 1 pixel wide legs? I feel the sprite would improve if u made the legs a bit thicker, and also used a combination of the yellow outline color and black on the 1 pixel wide areas such as the antenna. The actually body of the sprite looks great.

Also, minor thing but fliminat's left antenna kinda disappears behind the wing.

Years
I'm afraid that fusion is just too crowded. It's too difficult to make out basically anything as there is always something else in the way. The arms are positioned too high up to be anatomically correct, and the excess of various hair, pointing in different directions, being completely different shapes and colours crowds the sprite more than it already is. The lack of a defined colour scheme also contributes to the sprite's messiness. Also, where the "dress" of Gardevoir opens at our right, it is green, however on our left, it's blue. On top of all this, this fusion seems to be a cut and paste job. There are no signs of majoy reshaping or reshading. On a whole, it's just a messy sprite.

I think you fused Gardevoir, Milotic, Eevee, Wargle, Frosslass and some others which I recognise but can't remember their names. So yeah.

Years
Wow, you are really good...those spites could totally work in-game. I don't see how you guys bring out so much detail with such little to work with pixel wise. Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is your preferred program to do dot art in?

Years
Hm, quite a tasty fusion there. It looks really clean, actually. My only qualms are the lines on the belly, and the bell at the end of the tail is too small to have that detail imo. idk, looks pretty nice I guess.

Not much to say on the fakedex layout.

Years
I think you could go for a brighter layout, the dark-grey background clashes with some of the outline of your sprite which makes it look quite choppy and more pixelated. The fakemon are nice and decent but I think the middle one on the very bottom is quite dull with it's colours. A grey-ish green and a grey-ish brown don't seem to fit together in my opinion.

Back