• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Froslass_Maniac's Pixel parade

How am I doing?

• Total voters

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
  • Few fakemons and my favourite Megaton hammer super duper ultra deluxe 99999 :)

https://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/074/8/9/Weird_legend_thing_by_FroslassManiac.png

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    It looks good, but you need a hole for its snout, and it's hind leg looks too long. It's back also extends too much, except if it goes into its tail :(

I just thought I would point out that tails are an extension of the spine.

Anyhow, on to the newest batch of sprites: The biggest one looks pretty good, but some of the decorations on the head are wrong in terms of positioning (i.e., the Suicune crystal head is tilting too much), and there is just way too much going on in that headdress. The Megaton Hammer is okay, but you need to shade the lines. What is with those horizontal lines, though? It's not the way to shade a scratch, I'll give you that. The splice next to it (that is not a Fakemon, sorry) has a very uncomfortable head angle, but is otherwise okay. The next one has an awkwardly-shaped head, and is pretty confusing to look at. For example, why does the jawline on the far side not stretch down to accomodate the lolling tongue? The one after that, you went way overboard on line shading; there is lighter tones on the darkest parts of the sprite! Line shading is only for parts that are directly hitting the light. The last one is okay, but there's a lot of anatomy issues and the shading on the head looks very flat. Maybe put a lighter shade along the snout or something.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • Thanx for the crit :)

The mareep trapinch is supposed to be a wannabe. It's wearing a trapinch mask. x')

I shall work on these errors on the next line of sprites. (I was in my hiatus period back there and didn't really feel like spriting at all.)

The weird dog thing was for a competition (it did quite well going to the second place rofl... xD)

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • I'm going to redo all sprites that failed before. So to start off with my first concepts:

V1
    V2
    V3
    V4

V1: Lol epic failure. XD
    V2: Mh. I'm becoming better but it's still has outline errors. (piplup colour pallette)
    V3: Getting better but pose is a bit boring and it's less Pokemonish
    V4: Newly made, new pallette bigger sprite.

V1 ??? V2
    v3
    v4

V1: got lost but the pose was really robotic. Soooo..
    V2: Too big, wrong saved, epic failure
    V3: It's nice but It could be better Piplup colour palette.
    V4: More epic pose. xD

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • Lavicea
    V1
    V2
    V3

Upcoming Fakemons that will be edited:
    - Dremacy
    - Draya
    - Lavicea
    - Lapis
    - Scaracross
    - Heracross gonna have better repose
    - Lapras will get a better repose. It's neck is broken.
    - Blazelion
    - Thundi
    - Blark
    - Delphorn
    - Sapree
    - Darchie

Demonic Puppeteer

Got lost on the road of life
    Years
  • Hey, I didn't know you were on PC too.
    Anyways, it looks like you post more here then on AWF. You've improved a lot in the last time, have to give you that. But, there are still some things that could've been done better, in my opinion. As for your last sprite, It's mout doesn't have the 3dimensional looks. It looks more like the mouth of Kermit the frog and all those other muppets. It doesn't really look like it can actually eat anything right now.
    Also, his "legs" (I forgot teh right word for them) are being fold in a weird way. Almost spastic O_O" You should know that his legs should have the same bones in it as we have, so the way he has them, are kinda impossible. Also, the shading isn't correct either. There is light on places where the light can't possibly reach it. And for the spikes on it's back, they look like... plates. They don't have the round shape, like lapras has.

Well, I think I'm critisizing you too much now. But you wanted that we said everything we saw.. But I don't have the time (and patience) to give a whole explanation about how it could be better, so I decided that I only tell you about the bigger things.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • Hey, I didn't know you were on PC too.
    Anyways, it looks like you post more here then on AWF. You've improved a lot in the last time, have to give you that. But, there are still some things that could've been done better, in my opinion. As for your last sprite, It's mout doesn't have the 3dimensional looks. It looks more like the mouth of Kermit the frog and all those other muppets. It doesn't really look like it can actually eat anything right now.

Ya true, but the head din't want to work in my way.. XD

Also, his "legs" (I forgot teh right word for them) are being fold in a weird way. Almost spastic O_O" You should know that his legs should have the same bones in it as we have, so the way he has them, are kinda impossible.

Actually I was looking at the anatomy of the King bulls of One piece.. :P We can fold our forelegs like that too.

Also, the shading isn't correct either. There is light on places where the light can't possibly reach it. And for the spikes on it's back, they look like... plates. They don't have the round shape, like lapras has.

The problem was in the 16-colour pallette. I was trying to keep in the 16 colours pallete and thus didn't make any more shades. ^^; I guess when I **** it's mouth it would probably enough colours to make them look rounder :3

Well, I think I'm critisizing you too much now. But you wanted that we said everything we saw.. But I don't have the time (and patience) to give a whole explanation about how it could be better, so I decided that I only tell you about the bigger things.

I like critics more than I like praising. ^^;

See my reactions above :3

Years
  • It's your thread, Maniac. You can revive it if you want to.

That's a nice, clean outline you have. I'm having some trouble looking at the eyes though. Based on the shape of the head and what the angle seems to be I don't think you'd be able to see that much of the second eye, if any of it. Having the mouth be mostly horizontal gives the head the feel of a profile. Also, while I'm looking, the hands seem to have differing numbers of 'fingers'. It might just be because there's no shading to suggest otherwise, but the raised hand only seems to have two fingers while the other has three.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
  • I don't know why, but the legs don't look long enough for the body to me. And they definitely need more shading. Perhaps increase the difference between the base and shadow colors. And too many lines are black, in my opinion.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • It's already been a while since I posted right. :x I made something really cool this time. But you could say this isn't my style at all, because I looked a bit on the style of lorami's winning piece in the hall of fame of the pixelart contest, because I fail at landscapes ^^;

Gee it ws alot of work than I usually do, and much more detailed. I'm kinda proud on it but I'm not going to do this too many times because it takes alot of work. If someone is going to claim this as their own I unleash my cookie fury! o.o; No, really, If I find out someone claiming this that person will be screwed... xD

Maybe I make a froslass version... And Use it as my new avatar.

Years
  • To be honest, I like version two the most, perhaps with ammendments with the fire (I'm sure someone has already pointed out the problems there as it's been changed in version three). I really don't like version three's pose, and it seems to have lost it's lion (assuming it is meant to be one)...lion-ness. Basically, it no longer looks like one.

Years
  • I agree with SI. The 2nd version has the most going for it. The third's face is less lion-like although the fire and the spriting in general is better. The problem I see with the third one is where the back leg overlaps the front leg. It might be you were going for rear-pose-with-the-head-looking-back kind of pose, but then then position of the two front legs doesn't fit with that perspective, though that wouldn't be too hard to fix.

You can really see the improvement on these. I would definitely want to see how you'd make a version 4 (if you make one).

Back