• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Full Wallet on the street...

What will you do?

• Take the Money

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Take the Card

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take Both

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Leave Both

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I chose leave it, but really, I would take it to the police station. People tend to reward you for your efforts, and if they don't, God will.

Years
    I'd have a morale dilemma on my hands. If there was absolutely no way to return it I would keep the cash and shred the card.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I would say out loud "There's my wallet!" and put it right in my pocket.

Hahahahahahahaha! Best comment ever.

When you're thinking about that much money, it's natural human greed to take it, people might say they would return it, but when they actually SEE that much money I think they would be completely different people.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I would either find it's rightful owner and give it to them, or I wold just buy something with it and hopefully not feel guilty for it.
    As for the credit card, I'd shred it.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    In an idealistic world, I'd take the wallet (no point leaving it on the street so someone can nab it) and I'd hand it into the nearest police station. It's not that I couldn't deal with a guilty conscience, it's just that I believe that the good outcome should be the ultimate outcome. Also, in Ireland, if someone hands something into the police, that person can take that thing as his/her own if it hasn't been claimed by the rightful owner within 366 days. So really, handing it in doesn't necessarily mean I'd lose it.

That said, it does depend on where I was headed at the time. If I was going to some sort of art exhibition, yeah, I might take the wallet and see if there were some good paintings for sale, but I'd probably end up giving what's left to the police anyway.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Oooh, it's always been my life's dream to find a large sum of cash just lying on the street. If I found a wallet, I'd probably take the cash (unless the person's ID shows and address within easy walking distance) and leave the wallet with all it's cards and personal info exactly where I find out.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    I would return it. I dropped my purse once because I put it on top of my car. An old lady found it and returned it with money still in it. What goes around comes around.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Of course I would return it. It belongs to someone. It's a little different when it's just loose money on the ground, with no owner, but when you've got someone else's wallet, it just doesn't feel right to do otherwise.

I've lost my purse before and I was worried sick, and when it was returned to me safely, I was very happy. I think that I should help those in similar situations as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd leave it where it is, let someone else deal with it since money isn't really that important.

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    when an oppurtunity like that comes along, I couldn't pass it. I'd only take the cash and not the card for a logical reason.

if you only took the money, then nobody would know that you took it. however, the card can be tracked by whoever had used it last (I think, if not then just incase...). not only that, but if they did come back then they could just come back thinking 'oh well! they only took £1,000! I have like £1,000,000 on my card yay thank god they didn't take that!' so then you wouldn't get in so much trouble.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    Stealing is just plain stupid. I'd take it to the police station, of course. And sometimes they have rewards anyways.

Guest123_x1

An incident such as what the topic suggests actually happened last summer outside of a local bar. There was a wallet laying just outside the door, I picked it up, went in and handed it to a bartender to report it.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ...Damn it, I'd just leave it there.

Because if I take the money and the card, I'd live with guilt my whole life. But if I turn it in, I'd live with the regret of not taking the money.

If I leave it there, I have no regret and guilt. I'd be just, "Oh, too bad for the guy that lost it."

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    If your stupid enough to carry that amount of cash on you...

But anyways, if I actually found a wallet, I'd look at their ID and mail it to them. Either that or drop it off at their residence.

Ac1d

Game Dev
    Years
    Simples, Take both.
    Sell the card on, or get a drop to use it for me.
    50/50 cut :D

Then, after i've finished with them both, throw them in an already open fire.
    No evidence :)

Back