• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Funny Moments?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Just wondering, what are you favourite "funny moments" in the anime?

By that, I generally mean ones that actually made you laugh, but just being amusing is enough. Go on, share!

Personally, I've actually just laughed when I saw Team Rocket grab Meowth, open Pelipper's bill, and put Meowth in there to give instructions...I mean, wtf?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Funny moments? In my Pokémon?

Let's see now. A funny moment. Um. The only thing that comes to mind is Brock's speech to Ash when he broke our hearts and returned in Sinnoh. He showed a brilliant flash of comedy and then soon faded away forever. How sad I know.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    >__> There's plenty of funny moments in Pokemon both with the demographics range respect it needs and without it as well.

For example more recently: When Meowth fell in love with the Glameow and then it evolved into Purugly. Nothing specific can be pointed out, the whole moment is priceless. Don't forget Gible's head biting acts from before. A lot of BW is also very funny with the facial expression expansion. It's pretty notable. It's mostly Iris who should be credited for the funny moments. You can't have a clueless guy without a girl who points out his cluelessness.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • AdvancedK47 said:
    >__> There's plenty of funny moments in Pokemon both with the demographics range respect it needs and without it as well.

Comedy is subjective. I find the animé to be unfunny. Having a conversation with someone on this site is funnier than anything the animé has. Which is sad since nothing on this site is funny. /discussion

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Comedy is subjective. I find the animé to be unfunny. Having a conversation with someone on this site is funnier than anything the animé has. Which is sad since nothing on this site is funny. /discussion

Well, you should probably be a bit more prudent though and understand that sense of humor is not static person to person. Different people will laugh at different strengths and flavors of humor. One thing is being mature, which require understanding. Your statement was plain ignorance.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I can't really remember any funny moments.. sadly enough. But at times, the characters have some really funny facial expressions. :D

But still, I always found Gible's Draco Meteor landing on Piplup quite hilarious. XD

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    The Rocket's war of the mottos wayyyy back in the Orange Islands. That was hilarious.

Musashi/Jessie looking for Kemusso/Wurmple.

That entire Pikachu and Pochama/Piplup falling in love episode. The over-the-top romantic drama music that played whenever they went to embrace one another was ridiculous funny!

I also loved Musashi teasing the robots in the Deoxys movie... weirdest scene ever. xD

Everything with Marilyn (?) in DP. Mai/Marley also had that bizzare "I am an alien" scene. xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • AdvancedK47 said:
    Well, you should probably be a bit more prudent

No need to be prudent on this site since I don't care.

though and understand that sense of humor is not static person to person.
    Comedy is subjective.

Different people will laugh at different strengths and flavors of humor.
    Comedy is subjective.

One thing is being mature, which require understanding. Your statement was plain ignorance.
    Do you mean my sarcastic opener " Funny moments? In my Pokémon? " which stated my opinion? Or my "Let's see now. A funny moment. Um." which reinforced my opinion? Was it my "Having a conversation with someone on this site is funnier than anything the animé has. Which is sad since nothing on this site is funny."? Or are you just butthurt that I'm making fun of the animé and claiming that I don't find it funny? Please do tell me. And tell me why it's ignorant too. It's been so long since I put you down so I'd love to do that now.

chuckles

"to be honest"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010

i aint like ur attitude at all "to be honest"

some **** in that show is funny as hell, team rocket had a "idek" like me laughin for a while now

Last edited by a moderator:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Funny moments? In my Pokémon?

Let's see now. A funny moment. Um. The only thing that comes to mind is Brock's speech to Ash when he broke our hearts and returned in Sinnoh. He showed a brilliant flash of comedy and then soon faded away forever. How sad I know.

The best moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGW2jT0iR5E

i aint like ur attitude at all "to be honest"

some s*** in that show is funny as hell, team rocket had a n**** like me laughin for a while now

"wat"

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    "4kids and Leo Burnett are the devil!"

Is the only thing that comes to me off the top of my head. The pokemon anime is really.. ehhh.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

These two men are gonna do it, with or with or with out a woman. :D

Pfffttt, I couldn't keep a straight face when Brock said that but when Ash said "Yeah thats what im talking about" I "LOL'd" xD

I found it funny when Ash, Dawn and Brock did the team rocket motto but I not sure about anything else.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I laugh pretty hard whenever I used to watch the original theme song.

It's pretty cheesy but to be honest I always wished I could be the very best.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    marleys intire d/p episode, especially the alien part

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I can't think of one in general, but it could be any these: Croagunk Poison Jabbing Brock each time he falls in love (way better than Misty or Max dragging him away by the ear) or Piplup getting hit by Gible's Draco Meteor.

Back