• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Furthest you've been from home?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    What's the furthest you've been from the place that you consider home (since the house/apartment/townhouse/other you're living at currently may not be considered in your head, and the place you grew up in and spent most of your life in that someone else no lives could be considered your home), and why were you that far from it?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've been about 2400 miles from my home (not road-wise, just straight line distance), I consider my home NJ even though I don't live there most of the year atm and I was in California visiting my boyyyyfriend.

Actually I flew from CA to NJ on Christmas Eve haha. Good times!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • For me, the farthest I have ever been from home is the Mojave Desert. I traveled down there with my family a couple times, because my great grandparents on my maternal grandfathers side were having a family reunion. I have technically been to Oregon as well, but that was even closer than the Mojave Desert. xD

Years
  • Well I live in the North East of Scotland..

Moved abroad to Cyprus for 9 months last year
    Did voluntary work in North Africa a couple years back, Tunisia

SO which ever one of them is furthest I guess (=

Years
  • About 2300 and 2500 km. The former was a vacation to Gran Canaria (didn't find that in the distance calculator, so I took the capital of Marocco instead, that's 2260km away from home), the latter a vacation to Antalya, Turkey (didn't find that either, the closest was - I think - Adana with a distance of 2580 km).
    These were also the two only times I left Europe, but even then I still was in countries with some or almost all of their territory being in Europe.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The farthest I've gone from home (which at the time was Colorado) was down to Ecuador. My family went to visit my mom's sister and her family (my uncle and cousins) and we spent there the whole summer. Their school system was a bit different from ours, so we partook in their school for a bit. None of us lasted the whole trip though, aha. It was very interesting though, having lived a different way for three whole months.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The furthest distance I've travelled would be from Durham to Orlando for a holiday when I was 15. According to the distance calculator I've just used, that was 4250 miles. Although that record will be broken in April when I go to Tokyo for two weeks for another mini-vacation. That's 5944 miles away, and it's going to be awesome! :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Furthest I've been is Poland, on a school trip, so not very far. It was great though; not the sort of place people think of when they consider a holiday, but it's cheap and a nice change from home.

Never been on a family holiday, but one day I'd like to visit many countries.

Years
  • Hm... well, I guess I shouldn't count me visiting family in Europe (I was born in Europe but then moved to NY) since it's technically me leaving my current home to visit what was once my previous home. Excluding that, I guess when I went to Niagara Falls with my family for a trip. If we were to exclude family trips then it'd be the trip I took to Toronto (all by myself via Greyhound, it was scaaary).

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • The furthest I've gone from home is probably out where Forks/La Push are in Washington or Anaheim/Buena Vista in California. Regarding the former I kind of wanted to go out there just to see how Twilight affected both places, but it was still pretty nice <3 The latter was with my uncle and dad a couple times for Disneyland/California Adventure/Knott's Berry Farm.

By the way I'm from Maryland so yeah. /man do I wish I could get out of the country

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I have no idea actually, but that'd probably be Egypt, where I've been a lot of times when I was younger since my dad works there, I'd love to go there again! I don't know about the exact distance though ahah.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • The furthest I've been from my home in New South Wales would be to a place called South Molle Island when I was five years old. South Molle Island is an island off the coast of Queensland, which is the state above New South Wales, so I haven't been very far. Technically that was the only time I've left the country, though it's considered part of Australia so not really.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Recently just got home from London. That's the farthest I've been from po dunk Alabama!

Ayselipera

I live in Massachusetts and the farthest I've been is Florida. It was a family trip when I was seven. We went to Disney World and saw a bunch of other parks. I actually don't remember liking it that much and I thought Florida was pretty gross.

Second farthest would have to be Washington D.C. and Virginia which were much more enjoyable. Well the actual vacation to them was terrible, but as places they were nice.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]I've been up north two states into Washington, that's it. Hopefully that will change soon when I get out on my own.[/SIZE]

Years
  • I lived in Japan for four years, because my mom was stationed at one of the US military bases there. On one hand, it sucked being away from the US and my family, but on the other, Japan was pretty nice! Wish I had the money to go visit again. :(

Farthest I've been from a place we were living at the time? Probably my visit to DC when I was living in Kansas. Cause when you're a military brat, home is where your crap is.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Barbados what uppppp. I'm half-Barbadian so we kind of went to see where my grandparents grew up and stuff but it was mostly because it's a beautiful (albeit expensive) vacation spot. And their food is fantastic. And the ocean is n i c e.

Back