• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future of PC

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    If pokemon stops being produced, this forum will die a years following due to a lack of new members.... pokemon won't last forever.
    In the event Pokémon dies out, the forum will have to change its focus to other things, like so:

Ace Combat, Call of Duty, Command & Conquer, Diablo, Final Fantasy, Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto, Half-Life, Halo, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Persona, StarCraft, Tales, Touhou, and Warcraft Community - We're still working on a shorter name!
    (We used to have Pokémon boards!)

How much do you want to bet something like that will happen within the next decade or so?

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I don't, but Master Hama does!

Future of PC
    < PC will become a Golden Sun forum.)

... but isn't that what... Golden Sun forums are for?...

Future of PC
    < With the release of GS DS, EVERYONE WILL LOVE GOLDEN SUN MWUAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA)

Jesus Christ! I think Master Hama wants to hack into PC to make it a Golden Sun forum!

RUN, WHILE YOU STILL LIKE POKéMON.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    Ehh, Pokemon will have probably died out by then, unless it somehow stays around or makes a comeback after dying out, so I doubt it.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Man, I think I've been here pushing six years. Just not active the entire time. It's really hard to gauge thirty years though, IMO. The internet and our concept of what it is to connect via forums and such could be completely changed by some innovation. Or one day the guys running this site might decide to shut it down. It's just really hard to know.

I think that a forum like this, provided nothing happens to the administrators or their want to keep the site going, can be completely comfortable in its skin for years to come.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It would be amazing if the internet in 20 yrs was still anything the way it is but Im not expecting it to exist that long.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I see it lasting as long as Pokemon does and further. I'm not saying it will last forever, but longer than Pokemon.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    In the event Pokémon dies out, the forum will have to change its focus to other things, like so:

Ace Combat, Call of Duty, Command & Conquer, Diablo, Final Fantasy, Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto, Half-Life, Halo, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Persona, StarCraft, Tales, Touhou, and Warcraft Community - We're still working on a shorter name!
    (We used to have Pokémon boards!)

How much do you want to bet something like that will happen within the next decade or so?
    It won't happen, no way....

But lolz, those games sure are you.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't think Pokémon would be all that popular (much less, around) in 20-30 years. I know I won't be here, though. So that's -1 in the staff. :|

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    uhh.. if PC was here in 30 years, it would probably be totally different, aside from the fact that it would still be a Pokemon/Gaming forum. >__> I have a feeling noooone of the same members would be here. & If they were, there's something wrong.. xD;

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Wow, your post is actually useful for once. :P Anyway, that is the most likely outcome. A huge chunk of people who come to PC have already lost interest in Pokemon, and even for those who do still like it, we have interests in other related things (gaming, anime, etc.)

It's not a stretch at all to think that when Pokemon starts to die out we revamp the community into an anime/gaming-based one. (It'd be weird to not be "PC" anymore though.. O_o)

Yeah, I can see where Jack and Ausaudriel are comin' from and I agree.

But that doesn't mean we couldn't keep it calling it PC - all you need to do is find something clever with the initials of PC in regards to a gaming community.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    They didn't think that plumber in the red jumpsuit would last 20 years, but just look at him now. I feel that if Pokemon remains close to its roots, it can become as immortal as Mario. As our current members grow out of their love for Pokemon, new members will [hopefully] fill their spots. I admit that the popularity will take a noticeable drop, and maybe PC itself won't exists in 20 years, but I do believe some Pokemon forums will exist and maybe a select few will thrive. I know I plan on sticking with you guys for a long time.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Wow, your post is actually useful for once. :P Anyway, that is the most likely outcome. A huge chunk of people who come to PC have already lost interest in Pokemon, and even for those who do still like it, we have interests in other related things (gaming, anime, etc.)

It's not a stretch at all to think that when Pokemon starts to die out we revamp the community into an anime/gaming-based one. (It'd be weird to not be "PC" anymore though.. O_o)
    Since when are my posts not useful? In any case, I'm actually surprised people are agreeing with me with on this. I most likely won't be around these parts to actually such a transition from Pokémon to other games and anime take place, but whatever.

However, ACCoDCnCDFFGoWGTAHLHKHMGSPSCTTWCC is definitely a pain to type out. We really do need to work on a shorter name and acronym, just in case they actually need to be used.

Years
    I wouldn't be awfully surprised if in twenty or thirty years time a new technological advancement will have superseded the Internet. Whether PC adapts or not is up in the air. If the Internet's still around, I see no reason why the 'ownership' of the forums can't be passed along to other members if Steve does lose interest.

Edit: 'The Community' clearly has to be the shortened name.

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
    PokeCommunity will shut down in another five to ten years, maybe sooner. And it mostly likely won't even be because of the death of the frachise but of the eventually decay due to outside influences.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Yeah for everyone thinking PC will be dead in that long (and it's possible) if you would have asked anyone how long Pokemon would last when it first came out I bet you wouldn't have people saying it would turn into a world devouring craze that would last as long as it has.

And you ask me six years ago (or five) how long PC would last and I'm not so sure I'd say five or six years. It's just the nature of forums to poof. But PC is part of one of the greatest fandom/fads known to our planet and as such it is above such rules.

NeonFire

<insert awesomeness here>
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UT
    • Seen Sep 25, 2009
    Pokecommunity will indeed STILL be working on a better slogan.

Years
    Just like other forums it will either merge to consolidate the remaining Pokemon Fans or as was said earlier remain as an archive to the Craziness awesomeness that is the Pokemon Fandom. :P

Okamii

♥The Legendary White Wolf♥
    Years
    it all depends on the fans! we r PC's future to success. if we stop liking pokemon then population goes down then eventually will shut down. so i think it will last longer than pokemon and i predict that Pokemon will only last about 10 more years or if even that. so maybe in about 15 years PC will have shut down.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Get Innocuous! said:
    I wouldn't be awfully surprised if in twenty or thirty years time a new technological advancement will have superseded the Internet. Whether PC adapts or not is up in the air. If the Internet's still around, I see no reason why the 'ownership' of the forums can't be passed along to other members if Steve does lose interest.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. I mean, the internet didn't exist 20~30 years ago; who's to say there's not going to be something new then?

If PC does stick around, well.. then I guess I'll be one of those creepy old dudes that hang around little kids' forums. :/

Back