• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

G/S Remake for Special? Should it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • What does worry me is if they decide to make her Crys, as in make Crys change her costume to match Kotone's, or if they don't put Kotone in at all...

I do hope this doesn't happen, and that Kotone is really a brand new character.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • manhattan said:
    But yes, Palkia, Dialga and Giratina have opened the door for the return of Celebi and even Pryce. And time traveling is effing awesome, and stuff.

YES!! The return of Pryce! *Pumps fist in the air*

My fingers are crossed, they just can't kill off the greatest, evilest bastard alive. Giovanni is freaking immortal, man! If he dies, I'll be like "AH, F@CK!" because he's really awesome like that.
    Definitely better than Cyrus, right? XD *Shot by Cyrus fans* Although I'd love it if Lance comes back. <3

Also, am I the only one who wants Crys back in HG/SS as the main heroine? Or has everyone just flat out decided that Kotone will be present? I still hold my old position on this.

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • Also, am I the only one who wants Crys back in HG/SS as the main heroine? Or has everyone just flat out decided that Kotone will be present? I still hold my old position on this.
    Kotone will undeniably be the main female protagonist in some form. Either Crys' role will be smaller than it would be, or Crys will "become" Kotone, which I absolutely do not want to happen. They are two different characters, and changing Crys' design would make her a different person to me.

It's not that I don't want her to be the main character, because she's one of my faves, she just won't be in any form I'll be happy with.
    I'd rather they have her as a slightly more minor character than have her change forever.

Amulet Dream

has the Alice of Running Away.
    Years
  • It could be possible that both of them are the main characters. Like how Yellow was introduced when there was already a female protagonist. Yeah, I know they don't look alike though.

I like Soul,excuse me, Kotone, and Crystal equally.

As for the actual plot, I'm thinking of something to do with Gold's breeding skill. I don't know about the Manaphy, my guess is with the Pichus. (Sorry clover_bookcat! ^^;; )

But no matter what, It'll be great, simply because Gold is in it. xP

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • clover_bookcat said:
    Although I'd love it if Lance comes back. <3

No, he will come back. I can't wait to see him in his new art.

Also, am I the only one who wants Crys back in HG/SS as the main heroine? Or has everyone just flat out decided that Kotone will be present?

No, Kotone should be a new person, not the same as Crys.

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
  • Wow good point! They did a manga remake of Pokemon FR/LG, then they should do it with HG/SS. And this time they should revive Kris.>.> I really hate Kotone, it's not the same without the pretty blue haired girl.D:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • You're confusing Kris in the game with Crystal in the manga. She's still there, recently in Emerald. With a HGSS arc she will be there again, and Kotone will be a new character. They wouldn't just suddenly remove Crys. That's bad writing.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • I wonder how will TR be handled.

Giovanni's TR is defunct. After finding Silver, Gio has no point in being a villain anymore. He indeed should appear but not as TR Leader again.
    Pryce's TR is long defunct, Pryce is lost in time and reformed. I'm positive that Pryce's unfinished plot WILL NOT be ignored and that Pryce WILL reappear. But not as Masked Man anymore.

Chermaine and Keane, who are now called Athena and Apollo in HGSS (I wonder how will this be handled, maybe aliases?), should reappear.

TR-Lance and Lambda both have to appear.

I think it would make no sense to have TR led by Giovanni, yet it wouldn't make sense to have TR as it was in the games (we already had that during Neo TR times in Johto). So, they have to remake the TR plot completely.

As for leadership, there is one solid candidate. Sird.

R a i n e+

moo~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    With a HGSS arc she will be there again, and Kotone will be a new character.
    I don't want to fight or argue, but read this.

As for the Rocket Executives, I think Apollo and Athena will be introduced as new characters since I can't see Keane and Chermaine returing even though they are the same characters in the game. They could be aliases of Keane and Chermaine; it's likely. But I don't want them to. *shot*

I agree with you about everything else. Sird being the leader is pretty obvious, Pryce's plot will be finished, and both Lance along with Lambda have to appear. (Especially, these two. They are my favorite Rocket Executives. D:<)

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • It looks to me that she is a new character and not replacing Crys...I don't understand why he'd play "Crystal" in HG but Kotone in SS?

R a i n e+

moo~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    It looks to me that she is a new character and not replacing Crys...I don't understand why he'd play "Crystal" in HG but Kotone in SS?
    Then going by that logic, Gold will be replaced by Hibiki since he is also playing as Hibiki in SS.

The HGSS male's name is Hibiki, not Gold. Kusaka has a tendancy to roleplay as the main character's Special counterparts, if Kotone was going to be introduced as a new character, then he would of named her "Special counterpart" Heart/Soul not Chris. If Kotone is introduced in Special, her name certainly won't be Kotone. A dex holder shares names with the games, is there such thing as Pokemon Kotone version?

Why would he roleplay as Chris period if she's going to be introduced as a new character?

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • So are you saying there'll be two different characters in HG/SS, but Silver will stay the same? Not likely. Have you seen the silhouettes? It's the same characters.

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    It's not the same without the pretty blue haired girl.D:

Oh, you're totally right. <3

Sird being the leader is pretty obvious, Pryce's plot will be finished(...)

F-- YEAH SEAKING!

I miss Pryce. He made me cry my heart out. It was the first time I cried for a Pokémon villain, omg. ;__;

Then going by that logic, Gold will be replaced by Hibiki since he is also playing as Hibiki in SS.

You all prove excellent points; I believe that the characters will remain the same, unless they pull off "the missing twin plot" and ruin PokéSpe's awesomeness. After all, Yellow was pulled off thin air, and Blue was made from Leaf (who is practically Kotone, since in the RBG games, the girl trainer was Blue).

Correct me if I'm wrong, though. ;D

R a i n e+

moo~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    So are you saying there'll be two different characters in HG/SS, but Silver will stay the same? Not likely. Have you seen the silhouettes? It's the same characters.

No.

I think everyone will remain the same. Personally, I think Gold will wear Hibiki's clothes, Crys will wear Kotone's, and Silver will wear..Silver's clothes. xD By the way, Silver and Gold aren't wearing new clothes either in the silhouettes (and they still have their old pokedexes). Plus, it's not really fair to say the silhouettes confirm the fact they are the same since (HGSS-related) new characters shouldn't be introduced nor should they receive new clothes until the HGSS arc. And if we're going by the silhouettes, Kotone isn't a new character since she doesn't show up in the picutre.

I miss Pryce. He made me cry my heart out. It was the first time I cried for a Pokémon villain, omg. ;__;
    He better make a comeback with his awesome coat. ;.;

"the missing twin plot" and ruin PokéSpe's awesomeness.
    Yeah, Crystal conveniently had a twin all along and we just didn't know about it! The sad thing is, people actually think that is a great and original way to introduce her in the manga. >>
    Blue was made from Leaf (who is practically Kotone, since in the RBG games, the girl trainer was Blue).
    Correct me if I'm wrong, though. ;D
    You're correct, except did you meant to say Blue instead of Kotone? :P (Kotone=Leaf, wut? *shot*)

The prototype girl in RBG was planned to be in the originals, but for some reason she wasn't and didn't make an official appearance until FRLG where she was dubbed Leaf. (If appeared in the originals or HGSS, I bet her name would of been Blue, but she wasn't in the real thing, so she had to be Leaf instead.)

Then again, her real name could be Blue, since Leaf was just a name in the internal data and GF were just planning on naming her such, but didn't actually do so.

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • Look, when I posted that I was trying to say that, to me, it seemed that Nishita sensei prefers the characters from Pokespecial (which, logically speaking, could even be counted as his characters, at least in terms of personality and character development/background) compared to those that are used in the actual games themselves. And, to me, this could also prove a point that he intends to use the manga characters over the game characters (i.e., not replace any characters or introduce new ones). I could always be wrong, and there could be a change in storyline or something, but that's what my point was.

R a i n e+ said:

The HGSS male's name is Hibiki, not Gold. Kusaka has a tendancy to roleplay as the main character's Special counterparts, if Kotone was going to be introduced as a new character, then he would of named her "Special counterpart" Heart/Soul not Chris. If Kotone is introduced in Special, her name certainly won't be Kotone. A dex holder shares names with the games, is there such thing as Pokemon Kotone version?

Why would he roleplay as Chris period if she's going to be introduced as a new character?
    Thanks for pointing that out, as well as describing what I was trying to say. Also, going by this, it would mean that Red should have been replaced by the FR/LG male character (their facial features are nothing alike, remember?), along with all the other characters who don't look like the in game counterparts. But they didn't, which is why I don't think Crys would be replaced now.

You're correct, except did you meant Blue instead of Kotone? :P (Kotone=Leaf, wut? *shot*)
    No, I think manhattan means that Blue is like Kotone in the sense that both weren't in the original games (or were planned/included, just not in the same form as Pokespe), but both ended up being in the remakes for their version, and Blue wasn't abandoned for Leaf, just given an updated look.

But I'm probably wrong. >.> *Facepalm*

Oh yeah, and Athena and Apollo could definitely be interesting. Although in Pokespe I think their counterparts were Chermaine and...That other guy (I'm sorry I can never remember your name! >.<), their new looks do resemble their counterparts in the original GSC games. Hmm...Maybe Sird could be given some new elites?

R a i n e+

moo~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    Actually Clover, I just looked back tothe Netkun site and it was Kusaka who said it.. *shot*

But they didn't, which is why I don't think Crys would be replaced now.
    Not to mention stuffing Crys in new clothes is much easier than introducing a new character (and a new dex holder) that looks a lot like her.

No, I think manhattan means that Blue is like Kotone in the sense that both weren't in the original games (or were planned/included, just not in the same form as Pokespe), but both ended up being in the remakes for their version, and Blue wasn't abandoned for Leaf, just given an updated look.
    Hmm, that depends whether or not Kotone is a heavily redesigned version of "Kris" (game), who didn't have a name in the first place. It wouldn't really make sense to plan to include Kotone in the original GS and then introduce a different female in Crystal and later replacing her in the remakes since the boy is in GS, appeared again in Crystal, and was redesigned in HGSS. It could sorta compare to Blue if her game counterpart is Kotone, GS was originally going to have a female choice and who I think was "Kris" (with brown hair which would explain why Crystal had chestnut brown hair in her debut) similar how Leaf was planned for RGBY except the Gen II girl debuted in a third version rather than a remake and was heavily redesigned similar to Leaf/Blue in FRLG. Though you could say that both Hibiki and Kotone are new characters based off of the original protagonists from GSC. Nevermind. This is way too confusing and we're talking about the Special characters, not the game characters. No need to bring my fanwanking here.*stabbed*

Oh yeah, and Athena and Apollo could definitely be interesting. Although in Pokespe I think their counterparts were Chermaine and...That other guy (I'm sorry I can never remember your name! >.<), their new looks do resemble their counterparts in the original GSC games. Hmm...Maybe Sird could be given some new elites?
    You mean Keane? ^^

I hope Sird will get new elites and I want them to be introduced as new characters, but I think they might be Keane and Chermaine with new looks.

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    I didn't explain myself that well, sorry. ;D
    In my belief, Leaf is to Blue what Kotone is to Kris. For example:

Leaf is a different name than Blue (which is the canon-game name, I believe?), but the PokéSpé character was only revamped: no adding characters.

In that sense, Kotone won't be a new character. Unless, of course, they decide to pull off "missing twin" (oh, I'd laugh so hard). x)

But yes, I can see that if they remake Crystal, Kotone will still be there.
    (Ugh.)

Oh, and the new elites could totally be eschyzofrenic!Charmaine and eschyzofrenic!Keane. That way, everyone's happy.
    (...as in, they changed names. Hurr.)

-shot-

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • I think everyone will remain the same. Personally, I think Gold will wear Hibiki's clothes, Crys will wear Kotone's, and Silver will wear..Silver's clothes. xD By the way, Silver and Gold aren't wearing new clothes either in the silhouettes (and they still have their old pokedexes). Plus, it's not really fair to say the silhouettes confirm the fact they are the same since (HGSS-related) new characters shouldn't be introduced nor should they receive new clothes until the HGSS arc. And if we're going by the silhouettes, Kotone isn't a new character since she doesn't show up in the picutre.

It looks to me this was made before the HGSS announcement, so they might not be wearing their updated outfits. So it's given that Crystal's in the picture between Gold and Silver.

The sad thing is, people actually think that is a great and original way to introduce her in the manga. >>

I think they'd come up with a better way to introduce who she is, not just some long-lost twin. It looks incredibly cheesy on the writers' part. Their reputation in this manga is too good for something like that to spoil it.

The prototype girl in RBG was planned to be in the originals, but for some reason she wasn't and didn't make an official appearance until FRLG where she was dubbed Leaf. (If appeared in the originals or HGSS, I bet her name would of been Blue, but she wasn't in the real thing, so she had to be Leaf instead.)

Then again, her real name could be Blue, since Leaf was just a name in the internal data and GF were just planning on naming her such, but didn't actually do so.

There was not enough space in the original games to keep the "girl" there, although she was supposed to be in it. But Blue (Green for U.S.) would not be in HGSS or its original games because there are new characters for those games. Blue was intentionally for Generation I Kanto.

LeafGreen is to FireRed. They wouldn't want to confuse "Green" with the Japanese Green, the rival, so they put her name as Leaf instead to avoid confusion. But yes, her actual name isBlue.

Not to mention stuffing Crys in new clothes is much easier than introducing a new character (and a new dex holder) that looks a lot like her.

My problem with this that it wouldn't "fit" Crystal's character, if you get what I mean. They look really "noobish" on her. :/ Gold's and Silver's is okay. Even Crystal would balk at her new outfit, because it's not like her.

Hmm, that depends whether or not Kotone is a heavily redesigned version of "Kris" (game), who didn't have a name in the first place. It wouldn't really make sense to plan to include Kotone in the original GS and then introduce a different female in Crystal and later replacing her in the remakes since the boy is in GS, appeared again in Crystal, and was redesigned in HGSS. It could sorta compare to Blue if her game counterpart is Kotone, GS was originally going to have a female choice and who I think was "Kris" (with brown hair which would explain why Crystal had chestnut brown hair in her debut) similar how Leaf was planned for RGBY except the Gen II girl debuted in a third version rather than a remake and was heavily redesigned similar to Leaf/Blue in FRLG. Though you could say that both Hibiki and Kotone are new characters based off of the original protagonists from GSC. Nevermind. This is way too confusing and we're talking about the Special characters, not the game characters. No need to bring my fanwanking here.*stabbed*

lol I wish you made this a bigger size with no strickethrough. This matter has already been discussed months ago after the big reveal, and recently was found out that Kotone is entirely a new character with no relation to "Kris" from Pokemon Crystal. Kris was just a new idea back then to have a playable female character. That's all she was, nothing else. So she's preserved in her own element in her own game. HG/SS fuses Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal to form a new type of game that is both a remake of the original games and holds Generation IV components (specifically the Platinum standard) with new stuff here and there. So Kotone is a brand new character to complement the player Gold and the rival Silver. Her default name is Soul, just like to avoid confusion with Silver (as I explained before with Green).

But I'm probably wrong. >.> *Facepalm*

lol no, you're right. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    How about this? Krys was forced into wearing those clothes by her mother. Issue settled.

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    How about this? Krys was forced into wearing those clothes by her mother. Issue settled.

Lol'd very, very hard. Although I can see her completely not caring with whatever she's wearing. She just seems the type that chants off "it's the inside that counts".
    So I guess they can just slap the clothings (albeit in a cooler style, because, come on, it's still shonen and SuperMario!girl isn't that awesome) into Crystal and move on.

:3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back