• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
First off, I'd like to thank you for this awesome hacking creation! I'm learning all sorts just by using it! ^^

So, how would I go about editing the Light Ball to its Gen IV properties to also double Pikachu's Physical Attack? If not here, would there be a possible tool to compliment this one to try and add the effect?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
I come across the error reading table.ini file, length cannot be less than zero.
Paramenter: length,
i downloaded many version but end up the same results

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
i encountered a bug in gen 3 tools that close as soon as it opened no matter how hard i try to fix it. the error is table ini error, length cannot be less than zero, paramenter: length, the tool is fresh new and i did't touch any part.

Years
Is this tool continuing in development or 2.9.1 is latest version?
For now, it's on hold for an indefinitely long time.

This might seem a bit odd, but whenever I try to open the move editor, it says the .ini file is missing the MoveDescripitionTable...
Also, opening the Trainer Editor gives me a error, Index and Length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
This also happens with the Item Editor.
!
Are you using a rombase?

Hello Kurapika, my request on your tool is add the pokedex data editing on pok?mon Editor.
So it will edit the Pok?dex Description, weight, height and etc.

2. A support to the expanded move, because implementing it would require new learned move structure.

3. A support on Hidden Ability.. so there's an option whether the editor lets you edit hidden abilities instead of just loading the byte. (It was implemented before)
Thank you for you suggestions.
What do you mean by expanded move? The tool supports roms with expanded move tables.
So I got the table.ini issue and fixed it using the table from page 10 but now G4T kind of scrambled my trainer names. When I was editing them everything seemed fine, but once I exited and loaded into the game. It added accents to everyone, grabbed a screenshot example from another tool (I prefer yours as it shows the modified moves for the Pok?mon in my Emerald edit).
6w6lo5O.png
That's veeeeery weird, I doubt G3T is the real culprit here.

I've been out of the Gen III hacking scene for a long time and these look pretty dang useful! Thanks!
I'm glad you are enjoying it! :)

Kurapika, I'm new to this, but I'd like to ask how do I change Gen 3 Tools to identify that my ROM is expanded?
It's not possible for now. Why would it be necessary anyway? are pointers to data behaving differently?

First off, I'd like to thank you for this awesome hacking creation! I'm learning all sorts just by using it! ^^

So, how would I go about editing the Light Ball to its Gen IV properties to also double Pikachu's Physical Attack? If not here, would there be a possible tool to compliment this one to try and add the effect?
I'm glad you're enjoying it! As for your question, there is no tool capable of fulfilling such task. You will have to do it throughout ASM hacking.

I come across the error reading table.ini file, length cannot be less than zero.
Paramenter: length,
i downloaded many version but end up the same results
Can you give more details about It.

It seems to me excellent this tool will be for android?
Probably!

i encountered a bug in gen 3 tools that close as soon as it opened no matter how hard i try to fix it. the error is table ini error, length cannot be less than zero, paramenter: length, the tool is fresh new and i did't touch any part.
Does it happen on a specific game rom (like Fire red) or does it happen witj every game rom? (Emerald, Ruby, ... etc)
Can you also add overworld editing tool in it?
Most likely not. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
It's just when i first opened the tool itself.
The tool automatically crash. I checked the table.ini and it was remained untouched. I already downloaded multiple times. Is in runnable on window 32-bit ?

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
It's not possible for now. Why would it be necessary anyway? are pointers to data behaving differently?

No reason, I just thought that the .ini would need to be updated to support 32 MB (I don't know :D), but Thankyou for the invoice about this topic. :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
For now, it's on hold for an indefinitely long time.

Are you using a rombase?

Thank you for you suggestions.
What do you mean by expanded move? The tool supports roms with expanded move tables.

That's veeeeery weird, I doubt G3T is the real culprit here.

I'm glad you are enjoying it! :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it! As for your question, there is no tool capable of fulfilling such task. You will have to do it throughout ASM hacking.

Can you give more details about It.

Probably!

Does it happen on a specific game rom (like Fire red) or does it happen witj every game rom? (Emerald, Ruby, ... etc)

Most likely not. Thank you for your suggestion though.

The expanded moves are presumably in reference to Jambo's moveset hack.

Level up moves are normally stored as a 16-bit bitfield, with 9 bits for the move id and 7 to the level. This has the limitation that level up movesets can't handle move ids above 511 (because that would take more than 9 bits).

Jambo's hack changes it so that it's not a bitfield any more. It's just a u16 for the move id and a a u8 for the level. I can't recall off-hand if there's a padding byte for alignment.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 23, 2020
i wonder what i should do when i get this msg

Error reading {Table.ini} file ..
length cannot be less than 0 . parameter name : length

Years
It's just when i first opened the tool itself.
The tool automatically crash. I checked the table.ini and it was remained untouched. I already downloaded multiple times. Is in runnable on window 32-bit ?
Yes, it is runnable on Windows 32-bits... I am clueless, what version of Windows are you using?

No reason, I just thought that the .ini would need to be updated to support 32 MB (I don't know :D), but Thankyou for the invoice about this topic. :D
I don't know either, haha! Just use it carefully, enabling back-up option etc.

The expanded moves are presumably in reference to Jambo's moveset hack.

Level up moves are normally stored as a 16-bit bitfield, with 9 bits for the move id and 7 to the level. This has the limitation that level up movesets can't handle move ids above 511 (because that would take more than 9 bits).

Jambo's hack changes it so that it's not a bitfield any more. It's just a u16 for the move id and a a u8 for the level. I can't recall off-hand if there's a padding byte for alignment.
Oh! Well, then I don't think G3T supports above 511 moves.

i wonder what i should do when i get this msg

Error reading {Table.ini} file ..
length cannot be less than 0 . parameter name : length
You seem to have the same issue as kevintran21087 :/
What version of Windows OS are you using?

It's the method that Jambo made years before. We were not able to expand moves more than 500 I guess so he decided to make a code that lets you expand the number of moves more than what the original game lets you do.
Gotcha!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
Yes, it is runnable on Windows 32-bits... I am clueless, what version of Windows are you using?

Gotcha!
I used Window 7 Ultimate 32-bit. The problem is solved when i used WIndow 7 Ultimate 64-bit, don't know why.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 23, 2020

i solved the problem .. thx

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 23, 2020
Hmm... Thanks for letting me know.

Can you please tell me how did you fix it? Did you do the same as kevintran21087?

first of all .. we are arabian , so some letters will be Arabic in the Table.ini file ..
when i try to open the old table.ini file , it didnt open so i realized that there is error in my table .. when i opened the table.ini file i found this :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
00=" " \space
01=?
02=?
03=?
04=?
05=?
06=?
07=?
08=?
09=?
0B=?
0C=?
0D=?
0E=?
0F=?
10=?
11=?
12=?
13=?
14=?
15=?
16=?
17=?
19=?
1A=?
1B=?
1C=?
1D=?
1E=?
20=?
21=?
22=?
23=?
24=?
25=?
26=?
27=?
28=?
29=?
2A=?
2B=?
2D=&
2E=+
34=[Lv]
35==
36=;
51=?
52=?
53=[pk]
54=[mn]
55=[po]
56=[k?]
57=[bl]
58=[oc]
59=[$k]
5A=?
5B=%
5C=(
5D=)
68=?
6F=?
79=[up]
7A=[down]
7B=

7C=

85=<
86=>
A1=0
A2=1
A3=2
A4=3
A5=4
A6=5
A7=6
A8=7
A9=8
AA=9
AB=!
AC=?
AD=.
AE=-
AF=?
B0=[...]
B1=?
B2=?
B3=[`]
B4='
B5=[m] \([m] will be replaced by the male symbol most of the time)
B6=[f] \([f] will be replaced by the female symbol most of the time)
B7=$
B8=,
B9=*
BA=/
BB=A
BC=B
BD=C
BE=D
BF=E
C0=F
C1=G
C2=H
C3=I
C4=J
C5=K
C6=L
C7=M
C8=N
C9=O
CA=P
CB=Q
CC=R
CD=S
CE=T
CF=U
D0=V
D1=W
D2=X
D3=Y
D4=Z
D5=a
D6=b
D7=c
D8=d
D9=e
DA=f
DB=g
DC=h
DD=i
DE=j
DF=k
E0=l
E1=m
E2=n
E3=o
E4=p
E5=q
E6=r
E7=s
E8=t
E9=u
EA=v
EB=w
EC=x
ED=y
EE=z
EF=[&hEF]
F0=:
F1=?
F2=?
F3=?
F4=?
F5=?
F6=?
F7=[&hF7]
F8=[&hF8]
F9=[&hF9]
FA=[&hFA]
FB=[&hFB]
FC=[&hFC]
FD=[&hFD]
FE=[nl] \New line ([nl] will be replaced by a line skip most of the time)
FF=[end] \End or Free space ([end] will be replaced by # most of the time)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i realized there are arabian leters which are the reason why there is error in table file so i replace them with :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
00=
01=?
02=?
03=?
04=?
05=?
06=?
07=?
08=?
09=?
0B=?
0C=?
0D=?
0E=?
0F=?
10=?
11=?
12=?
13=?
14=?
15=?
16=?
17=?
19=?
1A=?
1B=?
1C=?
1D=?
1E=?
20=?
21=?
22=?
23=?
24=?
25=?
26=?
27=?
28=?
29=?
2A=?
2B=?
2C=?
2D=&
2E=+
34=[Lv]
35==
36=;
51=?
52=?
53=[PK]
54=[MN]
55=[PO]
56=[Ke]
57=[BL]
58=[OC]
59=[K]
5A=?
5B=%
5C=(
5D=)
68=?
6F=?
79=
7A=[D]
7B=[L]
7C=[R]
A1=0
A2=1
A3=2
A4=3
A5=4
A6=5
A7=6
A8=7
A9=8
AA=9
AB=!
AC=?
AD=.
AE=-
AF=?
B0=[...]
B1="
B2=["]
B3='
B4=[']
B5=[m]
B6=[f]
B7=$
B8=,
B9=[x]
BA=/
BB=A
BC=B
BD=C
BE=D
BF=E
C0=F
C1=G
C2=H
C3=I
C4=J
C5=K
C6=L
C7=M
C8=N
C9=O
CA=P
CB=Q
CC=R
CD=S
CE=T
CF=U
D0=V
D1=W
D2=X
D3=Y
D4=Z
D5=a
D6=b
D7=c
D8=d
D9=e
DA=f
DB=g
DC=h
DD=i
DE=j
DF=k
E0=l
E1=m
E2=n
E3=o
E4=p
E5=q
E6=r
E7=s
E8=t
E9=u
EA=v
EB=w
EC=x
ED=y
EE=z
EF=[>]
F0=:
F1=?
F2=?
F3=?
F4=?
F5=?
F6=?
F7=
F8=[d]
F9=[l]
FA=\l
FB=\p
FC=\c
FD=\v
FE=\n
FF=\x
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and it did work for me ..

Years
hello, awesome tool i really love it but i can read german roms like emerald. can anyone give me a german ini file (just copy or something?) i dont need a tranlation bt i want use this program on my german rom hack :D

hope u can answer me soon.

Back