• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] GALERIE le Pebbles

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 10, 2020
Sexy! Your work is amazing and makes me really happy, glad I've found this and subbed to see more :)

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
I probably dun have any equipment for that haha. But, it is very good photograph skill you got there.
you think so? i am a tots beginner {XD} my camera is not even professional or anything
it was like 300 euros
i know nothing about technical terms and all that
i just take photos but thanks, appreciate it!
i try to get better and learn more​

Sexy! Your work is amazing and makes me really happy, glad I've found this and subbed to see more :)
aw you so sweet
thank you
but making you happy? aren't you taking it too far haha i am not that good{XD}
anyhow, thanks for your kind words, appreciate it :pink_love:

soon i am going to post a photography update

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 10, 2020
aw you so sweet
thank you
but making you happy? aren't you taking it too far haha i am not that good{XD}
anyhow, thanks for your kind words, appreciate it :pink_love:

soon i am going to post a photography update

I'm not sure if that's taking it too far, if you like something then it makes ya happy right?!
My artist friend told me that compliments and feedback are what keep her creating things.
and I want you to keep making things, as they are nice to look at :P
so take my compliments! and make more :D

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
I'm not sure if that's taking it too far, if you like something then it makes ya happy right?!
My artist friend told me that compliments and feedback are what keep her creating things.
and I want you to keep making things, as they are nice to look at :P
so take my compliments! and make more :D

i still think you are being too much but not going to complain {XD}
thanks again
i really cannot wait to post more photography but i am just so busy with other things, especially requests and real life ~_~​

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
i love how clear every pic looks o.o

thank you!

photography update

crow.png

taffie.png

sira.png

would love to know what you guys think {:3}

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 10, 2020
Wow, I'm super amazed! You've got great stuff here, Pebbles! : D

I especially like your nature photography the most! Those birds and that cat.... Just wow! *_*

However, this must be because I'm on my smart phone right now. But, your images don't appear to be very sharp/ crisp? But that may just be me... *curses phone*

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Okay here we go. Fasten your seat belts cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride hahaha! Anyway, just as a foreword I want to point out that everything I will be referencing is in your first post, because it's easy for me to get to and look at whilst typing, but most if not all of what I say will apply to everything you've done thus far. Let's start with this: It's good. Very good, you know exactly what you're doing and how you like to do it. Good stuff!

Okay, down to the nitty gritty. Allow me to introduce you to the rule of thirds, a rule which almost every cinematographer takes very seriously. The premise of it is that a picture should never have two distinct equal parts around the focal due to the fact that these hold the focal awkwardly suspended in the air, unable to determine which of the two parts is the subordinate part. At it's most basic level, this refers to dark and light, in that the balance between the two should be two to one i.e. two thirds light, one third dark or vice versa. These extremities then harmonise with each other and allow them to be reconciled to each other. In practise, this mostly applies to your positioning of the focal, and that is what you should begin focusing on when trying to apply this rule, which is a must if you want your photographs to look less suspended in space and more as a window into the scene you are trying to build for your viewer. Because without the rule of thirds, as your photos are right now, they look... odd.

A good thing to start with is putting a three by three grid on your image (most digital cameras have the option to turn one on, so you can see it on the digital screen), and lining the horizon up with one of the two horizontal lines, and the body of your focal with one of the two vertical lines. If your focal is animated then the eyes of your focal should align as closely as possible to one of the intersections of these lines. I'll crop one of your photos to demonstrate.

So from this:
sira.png

We get this:
xC8jDmu.png

Using this grid as a stencil to crop and move the image around:
VGq0hew.png

You can already see the difference can't you? I've mostly just moved the dog, since your horizon was already pretty nicely position (a little bit down but not much). But the image already looks a lot more like it flows from one side to the other, giving it a bit of depth and making your dog look like it's in movement, instead of looking like it was a cut out image pasted onto a background. The lighting here isn't doing the pic many favours either, but I'll get to that in a minute. Always, until you can do the positioning in your head, use the 3x3 grid to align your focus better, because without applying the rule of thirds pictures quickly become messy and chaotic, and the viewer no longer can determine dominant areas from subordinate areas. This creates flat appearing images with a loss of focus. The wiki article about it explains the rule of thirds better than I probably have, so check that out.

Also, this rule of thirds applies to design in general, so try to apply this to your graphics in future as well, because overall your pieces lack this flow and harmony of light and dark, empty space and used space.

Also lighting. Your image should, ideally have a 2:1 split between dark and light. The photo I took as example, along with the others, doesn't have much of a contrast at all. The crow picture has only the focus as an area of darkness, causing our eyes to avert from it, and all we then see is a mess of bright grass. When photographing dark focals, try not to let the surrounding area be super vibrant. Dull colours cause blacks to stand out, while vibrant colours diminish dark colours. That's something to think about at well. Back to lighting, there should ideally be an area of extreme light and an area of extreme dark. When this isn't evident from the initial photograph, that's when you use photoshop to enhance this. A photograph without light is very flat indeed, and confusing to the viewer's eyes. Try and make sure you've got a nice light source, and a nice split between light and dark (remember the rule of thirds again). You can tweak these in photoshop to make a really nice image, and this will clear up most of the depth issues right there.

Onto specifically graphics related comments, that don't involve the rule of thirds. AHA. Your avatar piece. It's flat. Very flat. Now this is a larger piece than a signature, but the same techniques and whatnot apply to improving the depth and look of the piece. This piece in particular lacks both depth and flow. First of all rule of thirds for flow, after that you can add effects and lighting which drag the flow out a bit (although with stationary, vertical focals it's extremely hard, I know). Your lighting doesn't fit the focal in this piece either. The light source of the focal is above her head, yet you've put your light source behind her to the left a bit. There is also a lot of empty space, leaving the piece looking bare and unfinished to some extent, but that's more of a personal preference thing at the end of the day. The main thing you need to work on for this piece is
a) Get your light source in the right place. Make sure you always pay extra attention to where the light appears to be coming from and add a light source as the first thing you do, and work around it. That way you can very easily fit the light to your focal and it'll be hard to forget about it when it's the first thing you do.
b) Apply the rule of thirds. This in itself will change your piece drastically. Also, as an extra side note, make sure your focal takes up around 40% of your piece. In this piece she's a little small, and it really doesn't attract my attention as much as it should.
c) Add some effects that correspond to the flow of your focal. In this piece there is literally nothing to work with in terms of flow, which is why I hate renders like this. But even still you can get something out of it. Always.
d) Play around with filling that space. Direct my attention to your focal, and I don't mean make the piece even emptier. Use something to push my eyes to your focal, or give me something that enhances your colours, lighting, blah. Experiment. I say this to everyone but it's good to do :3

I would like to see you remake that Avatar piece trying to apply some of these tips, because I'd like to know what direction you'd head in taking my advice on board XD

Anyway, I hope this helped. Your stuff is really good, like you've definitely got the know-how and experience there, you just need to tweak how you're designing things to really get the most attention to your focal possible, and to really bring out the depth and flow of an image. Great stuff! :D​

Last edited:

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
Okay here we go. Fasten your seat belts cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride hahaha! Anyway, just as a foreword I want to point out that everything I will be referencing is in your first post, because it's easy for me to get to and look at whilst typing, but most if not all of what I say will apply to everything you've done thus far. Let's start with this: It's good. Very good, you know exactly what you're doing and how you like to do it. Good stuff!

Anyway, I hope this helped. Your stuff is really good, like you've definitely got the know-how and experience there, you just need to tweak how you're designing things to really get the most attention to your focal possible, and to really bring out the depth and flow of an image. Great stuff! :D
wow that was a big post but very nice! thank you for the sweet compliments.
i read it all but to be honest, a lot of words i did not understand {XD} english is not my native language :3c

also, your post made me realise i badly need to update the first post and add other graphics and more photos... that korra thing i made, its like 3 years old or something and i was just doing it for fun for this project lol - so no i do not feel like redoing it im afraid {XD} but still thank you for all the tips and stuff
very much appreciated{:3}

oh and about the photography stuff
the way you cropped it, i agree it looks good that way, perhaps better than original
i will try and use your advice{:3}​

Wow, I'm super amazed! You've got great stuff here, Pebbles! : D

I especially like your nature photography the most! Those birds and that cat.... Just wow! *_*

However, this must be because I'm on my smart phone right now. But, your images don't appear to be very sharp/ crisp? But that may just be me... *curses phone*
thank you very much :3c ^_^
glad you like my photography
and im not sure if you are talking about the graphics or photography but im sure they all will look sharp on your computer like they do on mine haha​

MorganW

That Kid You Don't Like
Years
Woah, your graphics are amazing. Also your photography skills seem great. You also seem to be quite modest and I don't know how you can be when your work is top class. Sure you probably aren't the best out there but it's still unbelievably good and keep up the good work!

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
Woah, your graphics are amazing. Also your photography skills seem great. You also seem to be quite modest and I don't know how you can be when your work is top class. Sure you probably aren't the best out there but it's still unbelievably good and keep up the good work!

aaww thank you so much, you are too kind!
i appreciate it a lot you commented on my stuff, means a lot.
i wouldn't think my work is top class but wow thanks! thats a huge compliment.
glad to see people do like my photography and graphics, people like you make me smile <3

updated the galerie with another, more recent signature, i have used here for a while ^_^​

Back